Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
If I may ask, what explanation would be more "concrete and definitive" than "You are the Phoenix, now and forever"? It seems some fans—and this is not aimed at you specifically—wanted or expected Jean to turn into Phoenix in this issue, or for the Progenitor to explain the intricacies of Jean's identity as Phoenix or even White Phoenix, even though such that identity—that dynamic—is far beyond a Celestial's purview and perception.
I mean you aren't wrong - that is a bold statement and considering the source - a powerful celestial it does sound pretty definitive. I guess initially I expected more of an explanation of the connection or even origin of the connection - and I have a few ideas I've posted before like I would say that Jean is the descendant of the cavewoman Phoenix or something like that.

But I do love this issue and I think the issue stands on it is own and is a powerful work. I guess my ideas came from how it was billed and I think that is why a few folks are disappointed but I think those folks are the minority. I am thrilled and overjoyed with the issue. I think it leaves Jean in a great place to continue to move forward. I am very excited to see where Duggan and others take her.

Gillen nailed it and definitely understands Jean Grey.