Page 325 of 473 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329335375425 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post

Just posting this, because there's been a lot of discussion around Jean pushing her abilities or lack there of....meanwhile her peers are reveling in their powers.
    Thank you, I’m waiting for the issue to come out so that we may finally witness a display of officially recognized non phoenix powered omega tk, I wanna make some comparisons because the spore “feat” did not really cut it for me.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Exodus is going to TK the sun, meanwhile Jean is like, "I moved dust without fainting!" Lulz

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    If he's doing this with telekinesis... well...
    What exactly is he doing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Showing us he can travel to and survive in the sun under his own power?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    We won't know for sure until launch day. This could be a hallucination, it could be another ability of his among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Exodus is going to TK the sun, meanwhile Jean is like, "I moved dust without fainting!" Lulz
    I mean she already flew into a white hole star before, it's just that nobody talks about it

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Showing us he can travel to and survive in the sun under his own power?
    This is something Jean did before without having an issue, y'all. Exodus ain't special.

Jean got within the orbit of a "white hole star tearing into the very fabric of space" and shielded herself from it before encasing Binary in a "wide psionic field," shielding herself from one of her cosmic blasts, essentially conducting telepathic surgery on her, and later shielding herself from both a "shockwave [that is] felt throughout the universe" and "a massive psionic backlash" caused by the Silver Surfer over 25 years ago.

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Anyway, if y'all are done being silly:

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    This is something Jean did before without having an issue, y'all. Exodus ain't special.

Jean got within the orbit of a "white hole star tearing into the very fabric of space" and shielded herself from it before encasing Binary in a "wide psionic field," shielding herself from one of her cosmic blasts, essentially conducting telepathic surgery on her, and later shielding herself from both a "shockwave [that is] felt throughout the universe" and "a massive psionic backlash" caused by the Silver Surfer over 25 years ago.

I think another underrated Jean feat that never gets talked about is Marvel girl Jean gret shielding from a solar flare for 10-30 minutes before her shields break and she dies
    (a solar flare can release as much energy as roughly 10 billion 1-megaton nuclear bombs) and she's shielded from what was called the most powerful solar flare in history

Anyway, if y'all are done being silly:

beautiful. What it is from?

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    beautiful. What it is from?
    Unsure! It was posted by Casara but it could be from X-Men 15-17 or a sketch.

I knew someone was gonna post that issue but, let’s be honest, that is a fluke! Morrison Jean could not survive in the sun nor reverse asteroid m orbit without the power of the PF, even recently Marvel girl could do nothing but be turned into mush by sentinels while her capsule was helplessly floating in the space between earth and the sun, even teen jean was under terrible strain trying to keeps a coherent oxigen bubble against the vacuum of space, lets be real… current Jean is not capable of hyperspace travel under her own tk, as for the original marvel girl, well …. The pf had to save her from the radiation of a solar storm approaching earth.
    facing the full front might of our star so carelessly is not something current marvel considers possible for jean, let alone travel from earth to the sun unassisted under the sole power of her current tk.

Thank you for posting FACTS, Harpsi.

Anyway, from X-Men: Hellfire Gala #1—

Bloop!

Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-07-2022 at 12:42 PM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I knew someone was gonna post that issue but, let’s be honest, that is a fluke! Morrison Jean could not survive in the sun nor reverse asteroid m orbit without the power of the PF, even recently Marvel girl could do nothing but be turned into mush by sentinels while her capsule was helplessly floating in the space between earth and the sun, even teen jean was under terrible strain trying to keeps a coherent oxigen bubble against the vacuum of space, lets be real… current Jean is not capable of hyperspace travel under her own tk, as for the original marvel girl, well …. The pf had to save her from the radiation of a solar storm approaching earth.
    facing the full front might of our star so carelessly is not something current marvel considers possible for jean, let alone travel from earth to the sun unassisted under the sole power of her current tk.
    Sure and if we want to be pedantic Exodus isn't capable of anything unless he has people the believe in him that are fueling his power. That's something that can very easily just... disappear. There's no way he can do that 'flying close to the sun' thing at the moment when the only people that believe in him are a bunch of little Krakoan children and maybe sometimes Hope. Jean was able to do it on her own, and she's done more things in space than Exodus has on the whole.

Also, love Jean and Scott being sexy in the gala issue.