Page 55 of 473 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    It seems I can't escape the negativity that plagues this thread no matter what I do...

For now, yes, though she may be getting another costume soon. I can't divulge further.
    Are you referring to my previous post?
    Last edited by Micabe; 01-25-2022 at 01:42 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    You are only allowed to say things like "The dress costume is the most classic and beautiful costume ever, second only to the amazing Gala costume that is the single greatest garment in fiction since the Shroud of Turin."

*I like the Gala fit well enough*

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I wasn’t directing my reply specifically at you. Don’t take it personally and don’t listen to the Phoenix Egg above! I was half joking, half speaking truth. Besides, I love you all! But…

When I come in here bestowing news and gifts, I want you to say “thank you” like you mean it

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

As already mentioned, if you haven't voted get to it! Vote out your least favorite mutant! ------> https://strawpoll.com/whfk64hdc

https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...fter_knocking/

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    As already mentioned, if you haven't voted get to it! Vote out your least favorite mutant! ------> https://strawpoll.com/whfk64hdc

When does this poll close?
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Oh my god the comments </3

We can’t let Jeannie lose

I don't know why or how some of you care about or keep track of these polls, lmao. #irrelevant

Here's a little more on Jean's role in Life of Wolverine from ScreenRant (issue #2 drops on Thursday):

Source: https://screenrant.com/life-wolverin...-timeline/amp/

Also, I started a thread of Jean overpowering some of the most powerful men of Marvel:

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...45741519859719

I don't know why or how some of you care about or keep track of these polls, lmao. #irrelevant
    It closes tomorrow and then a new poll will take its place. And I do care precisely because of the comments and people's effort to band together to vote Jean out because she's "boring" I want her to if not win then at least be in the top three.

It closes tomorrow and then a new poll will take its place. And I do care precisely because of the comments and people's effort to band together to vote Jean out because she's "boring" I want her to if not win then at least be in the top three.
    I scrolled through the comments and didn't see an emphasis on Jean. I've seen cases made for Lorna, Mystique, Wolverine, et al. In either case, the fact of the matter is, they can vote out whomever they'd like but it won't make a difference to the comic books. Have fun though!

Anyway, since we know Jean is officially switching uniforms, I wonder if the implication is that Devil's Reign takes place after stories like The Death of Doctor Strange and X Lives/X Deaths of Wolverine, along with X-Men #7. ��
    That was the impression I got.
    I think Jean will officially switch costumes (or at least acknowledge on panel that she is switching costumes) in X-Men 8, since the cover has M.O.D.O.K. holding her (soon to be discarded) mask on the cover.
    The printer problems caused Devil's Reign X-Men 1 (where she seems to have already switched costumes) to be published before X-Men 8.

I think the timeline is something like this:
    X-Men 6 / X-Men 7 (only 10 Quiet Council members) > Inferno (Destiny and Colossus join the QC) > XLoW / XDoW (Moira on the run, Jean is still in her old costume) > X-Men 8 (Jean switches to new costume) > Devil Reign: X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    I was going to ask you that. Whereas she should only appear with the new outfit in X men 8 or 9 and the wolvie event lasts for 2 months
    Regarding XLoW / XDoW, I know in-universe we can make sense of it that it occurs before Jean changed her costume, but the real-life reason she is wearing her old costume there is probably because Joshua Cassara (and presumably Federico Vicentini) starting working on it mid-April last year, before the Hellfire Gala was published.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    I think Jean will officially switch costumes (or at least acknowledge on panel that she is switching costumes) in X-Men 8, since the cover has M.O.D.O.K. holding her (soon to be discarded) mask on the cover.
    This is exactly what I thought. Hopefully, Duggan gives a reflective moment during which she explains why she's switching uniforms.

The printer problems caused Devil's Reign X-Men 1 (where she seems to have already switched costumes) to be published before X-Men 8.
    I completely forgot about this!

I think the timeline is something like this:
    X-Men 6 / X-Men 7 (only 10 Quiet Council members) > Inferno (Destiny and Colossus join the QC) > XLoW / XDoW (Moira on the run, Jean is still in her old costume) > X-Men 8 (Jean switches to new costume) > Devil Reign: X-Men
    This makes sense!

Regarding XLoW / XDoW, I know in-universe we can make sense of it that it occurs before Jean changed her costume, but the real-life reason she is wearing her old costume there is probably because Joshua Cassara (and presumably Federico Vicentini) starting working on it mid-April last year, before the Hellfire Gala was published.
    Damn. I had no idea they started working on this so long ago.

Default Famke back as Jean

I recently came across an article by The Hollywood Reporter from March 2019 reported that Kevin Feige met with several members of the old X-Men cast.

Marvel Studios has not publicly revealed any plans for integrating members of the X-Men and Fantastic Four into its cinematic universe, though Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige is said to have met with several members of the X-Men old guard in recent months.
    As many of you know, Patrick Stewart confirmed this in January 2020 in an interview with Digital Spy. Saying that he had a long conservation with Feige a couple of months ago regarding Professor X.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...-2021-1195846/

Patrick Stewart confirmed that this happened.

"I met with Kevin Feige a couple of months ago and we had long, long conversations," he explained. "And there have been moves and suggestions, which include Charles Xavier."
    Almost everyone of the original cast said that they would love to return to their roles and it seems likely that they we will see the original X-Men again.
    https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a3...trick-stewart/

This was just a few months before Dark Phoenix released and it ended with Jean saying:

“This is not the end of me or the X-Men. It’s a new beginning.”
    Famke said she would love to come back. So she is probably returning.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 01-26-2022 at 04:52 AM.

Apparently, Jean is name-dropped in the film 892, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival a few days ago and stars John Boyega, Nicole Beharie, Selenis Leyva, and the late/great Michael K. Williams. I'm still awaiting more details (i.e., context and character) but a character in the film says, "I like Jean Grey."

https://twitter.com/CBCCPodcast/stat...32964375015438

RIP Michael K. Williams.