Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Wasnt expecting to see Hope and Jean in the same panels but loved this

The artist lowkey drew her the way Dauterman does. She looked great.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
@Mercury: Jean will always be the Phoenix is some kind of medium. Maybe in another movie or tv show or cartoon or parallel universe story or PS game etc. etc. The Dark Phoenix Saga will remain one of the most iconic stories of all time. No writer can separate Jean from her history. they tried really hard but it never works out.

sooo, I think it is not really important if the current comicbooks version of her has it or not. I also expect the comicbooks to loose their quality again quite soon and I will probably go back re-reading old runs in the near future (I'm looking at you Grant Morrison Omnibus and Inferno Omnibus!!). Hence, I don't think my fandom needs Jean to restore her iconic power set and relationship to the Phoenix in the current books because she is anyhow somewhere always still The Phoenix! Her history is so vast and long, the present is not that important.
And if this is how you feel, you're entitled to that! I would persuade you to be content with the fact that the public at large, comprising both diehard comic book fans and laypeople, consider Jean to be Phoenix "always and forever" and to just move on and enjoy her development now, but I don't want to impose my thoughts and feelings on you. However, this is what I think and feel: 1) As I've said before, Jean's time-displacement run made me both fall in love with her in a whole new way and realize the fertile possibilities of her story and character when not tied to being Phoenix, and. 2) I'm just enjoying where the writers are slowly taking her and content with knowing that there are exciting plans for her.

Also, it's pointless for any of us to declare anything as fact regarding Jean's relationship to the Phoenix Force for two reasons: 1) Marvel has left it a mystery, despite retcons that were seemingly geared to defining or redefining it, which only reinforced her special connection to it, and 2) apparently, Gillen's take will be the final word (at least for now), and that doesn't drop until October.