Page 228 of 473 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278328 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 7090
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    just wondering, are here also some queer Jean Grey fans or is this thread mainly dominated by straight cis women? Just curious. no shade...
    I think it's mostly dudes. Straight cis dude, here.

I love Jean with all my queer pitch black hart
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

just wondering, are here also some queer Jean Grey fans or is this thread mainly dominated by straight cis women? Just curious. no shade...
    A lot of queer/gay/lgbt men but there are all sorts of Jean fans! Despite constant arguing we’re a pretty cool group if I do say so.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 05-13-2022 at 02:50 PM.

I’m a cis woman, if that helps satisfy your curiosity a little.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Gay black male

The straightest woman of all the X-Men who was never queer coded at all, attracts all us queers. lol so typical. I love it.

Queer Marxist Queen Jean Grey!!
    Last edited by Exodus; 05-13-2022 at 03:09 PM.

Jean Grey is a gay icon. My gay xxx has been obsessed with her since I was 16!

Yupp, gay men tend to admire and worship strong and powerful female characters on the big screen. That's why wanda has so many gay stans since WandaVision lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Or maybe she's just having a moment. Mind you, one that I am not at all averse to!

I love that you view it this way, WallStreeter. I think part of her was thinking out loud, along with asserting herself. Even though this aspect of her development hasn't received much focus yet, I think we'll eventually get a scene in which she explains or makes clear why she changed her uniform and is making a distinction between or switch from Marvel Girl and/to Jean Grey. We'll see.

I can't speak for other fans or characters, but I think those Jean fans, like myself and perhaps MechaJeanix, that would like to see Jean single have enjoyed her time alone, specifically during her time-displacement arc and in X-Men Red. I also think they notice the fact that, for years, Scott and Logan have been afforded multiple opportunities to branch out romantically, which they have, and perhaps they'd like to see the same opportunities for Jean.

I understand where you're coming from and I know you mean well, so don't filter yourself on my account!
    Hickman basically focused everything on Magneto, Xavier, and Apocalypse and their works building plans as egged on by Moira. With Hickman off the books and the world building over, other prominent characters are now getting the attention they deserve.

But back to Jean, she’s a well known and feared character.

So she was letting those people know what she could do to them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    That's how I take it too.

The Eternals are all cosmically powered and so should be above most heroes in terms of power.

But I see Jean's Omega-Omega abilities as putting her on equal footing (or better) and I am optimistic we will see Jean shine!
    She’s uses her psychic absorption powers to take out Kree armies, Galactus, etc. On better footing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    It's pointing to how she was possessed by the Phoenix or how it was trying to control her, the objectively lesser interpretation of the Jean/Phoenix relationship. Just more effort to separate Jean from her legacy and any agency for the stories that happened with Jean as Phoenix. In the garbage it goes!
    Actually, you are very wrong here because you’re not including current context. Rachel was made Phoenix by being in Otherworld. While Hickman was in the books, neither Jean nor Rachel were allowed to even say the P word, now Rachel has her Phoenix powers back.

I think Jean may go all out with her pink psionic powers and take the Phoenix name back. This issue both she and the fungus very prominently mention her last as Phoenix. Right before Jean will have to fight the Eternals. Right before Jean likely has to fight Echo. Pretty sure Echo will loose the Phoenix as it does not fit her character as a deaf Street fighter, and she cannot be Phoenix in her shown because her character was all about having this bad ass dead fighter.

So tvubvs are looking for Jean, if you actually take context into account.

I hope Jean gets the Phoenix back. It’s the only time I actually care about it. No one else can do the Phoenix pose the way JGS does it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Actually, you are very wrong here because you’re not including current context. Rachel was made Phoenix by being in Otherworld. While Hickman was in the books, neither Jean nor Rachel were allowed to even say the P word, now Rachel has her Phoenix powers back.

I think Jean may go all out with her pink psionic powers and take the Phoenix name back. This issue both she and the fungus very prominently mention her last as Phoenix. Right before Jean will have to fight the Eternals. Right before Jean likely has to fight Echo. Pretty sure Echo will loose the Phoenix as it does not fit her character as a deaf Street fighter, and she cannot be Phoenix in her shown because her character was all about having this bad ass dead fighter.

So tvubvs are looking for Jean, if you actually take context into account.
    You know I would love for you to be correct, but Rachel isn't Jean, someone was saying the other day that those aren't Phoenix powers Rachel is getting (I don't read that book so IDK) and you have been saying they are gearing up for Jean to be Phoenix for years. I would love it if the Phoenix wasn't a random powerup for a street-level character, wasn't Thor's mom, wasn't sexistly reduced to being Jean's toxic ex-boyfriend rather than something special etc, but editorial has negative respect levels for Jeannie. It's that Byrne-style mindset.

What does tvubvs mean?

I think Hickman was planning yet another Phoenix "original character" down the line. Somebody with a Phoenix sword killing the phalanx dominion thingies was referenced at one point.

Phoenix is not for Jean and I feel like they have been very explicit and adamant about that for whatever Byrne-esque reason.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 05-13-2022 at 10:53 PM.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    You know I would love for you to be correct, but Rachel isn't Jean, someone was saying the other day that those aren't Phoenix powers Rachel is getting (I don't read that book so IDK) and you have been saying they are gearing up for Jean to be Phoenix for years. I would love it if the Phoenix wasn't a random powerup for a street-level character, wasn't Thor's mom, wasn't sexistly reduced to being Jean's toxic ex-boyfriend rather than something special etc, but editorial has negative respect levels for Jeannie. It's that Byrne-style mindset.

What does tvubvs mean?

I think Hickman was planning yet another Phoenix "original character" down the line. Somebody with a Phoenix sword killing the phalanx dominion thingies was referenced at one point.

Phoenix is not for Jean and I feel like they have been very explicit and adamant about that for whatever Byrne-esque reason.
    I don't claim to know what Tini's plans for Rachel are, so I'm not taking any position here, all right?

It's just to kind of explain why some people are saying is not the same thing. Shogo - Jubilee's baby - become an actual dragon when they take him to Otherworld. This is the most extreme case, but other character's powers also work differently there.

Not all characters, though? I guess? It's pretty messy.