Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Warlioncomics View Post
    Someone is angry enough to through fan fiction at me
    Fan fiction? Do tell, what fan fiction have I put forth or espoused?

Jean was a complication to the council as she’s the original, she wasn’t a complication because she didn’t want Maddie back or anything like that
    To be clear, Scott made no indication of having told Jean about what Emma was able to "pull off"; in fact, his dialogue indicates that she was not told. This brings me to my next point: Why would Emma have to pull anything off when Jean was right there? She may no longer be a Quiet Council Member but she's the person from which the clone, i.e., Madelyne, was derived. Shouldn't she have a greater say than any of them as to whether Madelyne should be resurrected? And to be clear, I think Jean would have supported the idea.

Is the patient really responsible for his therapist being a weirdo ? Also Scott wasn’t gonna move on with Emma if it wasn’t for Jean’s interference
    Even if we exclude his initial telepathic affair with Emma due to his comprised psychological state and her clinical malfeasance—let's get real: she was never and isn't an actual therapist—it has been and is being implied that he is also carrying on an affair with, or, to use your term, "dating," her (see the upcoming X-Men: Hellfire Gala cover). If that's the case, what's his excuse now? To be clear, you already know that I'm forgiving of these purported affairs between Jean and Logan and Scott and Emma because we've discussed how I rationalize them.

Things like that are why I say you never get me , me being shady on the writers & editors ignoring continuity doesn’t mean I’m making fun of Jean because she’s not my favorite or whatever you think my problem is
    I do get you and adore you. You know that. Otherwise, we wouldn't chat everyday and I wouldn't have suggested that you 1) join this forum and 2) respond to the suggestion that Jean help Cable. I just think you defend and excuse Scott's behavior more than you do Jean, which is understandable since he is the character you relate to the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Hey im with ya, i love the Jean&Cable dynamic. And I'm sorry, but even besides the genetic connection, Jean actually raised Nathan, and has protected him almost since birth, including from Maddie herself. I mean, there's different parenting styles, and then there's this, lol...

And I love that he named one of hus guns after Jean

Haha! You are bad, Omega_DCD. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Cable named his gun Jean? XD
    Indeed, he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Mercury and Lukmendes: Serious question concerning "Shine" and just out of curiosity. In that AU, did they ever mention if Scott's mother is also called Katherine (like in the 616)? Because if so, that's just low. Was that intentional on the part of the writers?
    I don't recall them mentioning Scott's mother in that issue, but I'd have to reread it to find out for sure. I think it is either stated or implied that she was named after Kitty Pryde, which makes absolute sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    What one time in the hot tub? Details, please... Surely, your going to provide us with a pic and or title and issue number of said consensual sexual hot tub encounter, right?
    I trust you saw that it was posted after my reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Love Jean's quiet astral agenda in #18 foreshadowing her effort to re-unite the X-Treme squad with the the School based team. When she hugs them, they are suddenly dressed in what could be a version of the New X-Men School uniforms. She would later formally push for the reunion and be turned down.

I absolutely LOVE all of Jean's interactions in this issue. The way she playfully tries to claim Storm as hers—they all do—in the most endearing way. The way they—I think it's Bishop who says it—tell her that Kitty turned out "just like you." The way she tries coaxing Ororo to go back to the Institute. The way she and Ororo wash dishes together at the end. You can tell how much Claremont loves these characters, especially Jean and Ororo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I'll admit, she is on a thousand covers, but I want a narrative. And badassery. Inside the pages.
    Hang on, Kitty! I know I come for you a lot, but I want you to be happy too! The next few months to a few years are going to be an utter trip for Jean, and I mean that in a positive way. Ultimately, I think we'll both be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Larroca's work was beauty-full.
    It really was. His work on Uncanny X-Men #140.5 (2021) is sublime.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I get it, Kitty.

And I really meant it: you guys are like yin and yang. Despite your particular quirks (both can be a bit too extreme every now and then, but that's your charm), I think we fans need both the gushing and the reality checking.
    Aw, thank you for saying this. I get Kitty, too, though they don't get me. I'm fine with that, though. In the end, as you noted, it's good to have diametrically opposed viewpoints. It makes for more interesting discussions.
    Last edited by Mercury; 05-26-2022 at 09:56 AM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."