Page 303 of 473 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313353403 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 7090

Hope this happens on-screen.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

And I'm hoping Merc's source is correct and Wanda becomes an X-Man and we see both interact with each other, amicably.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And I'm hoping Merc's source is correct and Wanda becomes an X-Man and we see both interact with each other, amicably.
    I would love to see this. Could be Tom Taylor (I can dream)

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Wouldn't Galactus's mom be from the universe BEFORE this one, since that's where Galactus comes from himself? Without reading/listening further, that would suggest that the Phoenix Force itself is older than the universe.
    Ewing's last Defenders run ended with her giving Strange some device that allows her to be called to him whenever, plus the last Defenders run has the characters traveling to previous universes, there's no guarantee the Beyond volume will take place on the now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    According to Claremont, the Phoenix Force is "a primal force second only to that of the Creator." It's the spark that ignites and extinguishes life. Also, you're right about Galactus' mom, i.e., she is from the universe before this one. However, I'm not exactly sure how she will feature in Ewing's upcoming Defenders: Beyond, which will be a five-part miniseries.
    See above to how she'll likely return.

Here's the announcement regarding Taaia being the new Phoenix: https://www.cbr.com/galactus-mother-...beyond-marvel/
    The way this is worded is vague lol.

Also if Phoenix shows up in the second cosmos without time travel, that means she's older than cosmic dirt, since that's the second universe, before even magic and science were created (If I'm not wrong, Magic was created in the fifth cosmos, and technology was created in the sixth).

To put it in perspective, in Defenders vol 6, Ewing revealed the Anti-All, a being from Below Place (Called Under-Lands there), where The One Below All is sealed, and once Anti-All was defeated, parts of him were shattered on the multiverse, one of those parts is Knull, and according to the wiki, another one is Chaos King (And there are others shards, so it's likely more dark beings are just parts of Anti-All), this all happened in the third cosmos, so if Phoenix shows up in second cosmos, she's older than both, and may be older than Anti-All too.

Considering Ewing likes to talk about previous versions of the universe, there may be cool **** if Phoenix is made to be part of such an early version of it, but uh, Taaia using her could be meh anyways...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

They should talk about how they were both deeply traumatized, manipulated for their power, and were consumed by their dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    They should talk about how they were both deeply traumatized, manipulated for their power, and were consumed by their dark side.
    Naw, been there a thousand times, done that.

Talk about their good, heroic sides and all the good they have done.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Someone on Twitter asked Terry Dodson if his inclusion of Phoenix in his portrait cover of Jean and Miracleman was an artistic choice or story-related, and he answered, "a request from editorial." It's probably tied to Gillen's A.X.E.: X-Men #1. I believe X-Men #15 drops on September 28, right before Gillen's issue.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Someone on Twitter asked Terry Dodson if his inclusion of Phoenix in his portrait cover of Jean and Miracleman was an artistic choice or story-related, and he answered, "a request from editorial." It's probably tied to Gillen's A.X.E.: X-Men #1. I believe X-Men #15 drops on September 28, right before Gillen's issue.

Rule number 1: Never trust a variant cover.

"They should talk about how they were both deeply traumatized, manipulated for their power, and were consumed by their dark side."

Or how a combination of their powers could create a really cool circuit.

Or a debate over who has the coolest kids haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I'm not at an extreme. Wallstreeter said I didn't celebrate the last like 2 issues enough. Now they have been celebrated lol.
    You little smartass cutie, you. lmao.

As for a separate Phoenix thread, no I wouldn't. And actually, Wallstreeter brought up the Phoenix to me.
    Just do it and put us out of our misery already.

Grand inquisitor, would you still be a Jean fan if they actually gave her her powers but it meant Cyclops would move back to Emma, for good? Doesn't matter either way, really; people like what they like.
    Honey, as I've said before, they could depower Jean, ban her from Krakoa, and ship her off to Ohio, and I'd still follow her. To the end and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, yes it is!

I know! It makes me giddy!
    I'm giddy, too! teehee

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Not that it has anything to do with her, but I would still like to see Jean’s reaction upon learning Madelyne Pryor has become sorceress supreme of Limbo. Jeen would scream.
    This notion that Jean would be against Madelyne's resurrection, which was implied in Hellions by Scott, of all people, isn't in character for Jean. In fact, I think Jean would try to connect with Madelyne.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Naw, been there a thousand times, done that.

Talk about their good, heroic sides and all the good they have done.
    They actually talked about it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Oh Goddess no! That sounds like the very worst, boring, uninteresting thing that current writers could possibly rehash.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Oh Goddess no! That sounds like the very worst, boring, uninteresting thing that current writers could possibly rehash.
    Really? When is the last time two powerful women were depicted sharing their traumas and troubles from the perspective of having overcome both?

Actually...in the recent New Mutant 26.
    But it was interesting because it was well-written and about characters addressing their trauma for the first time. Wanda and Jean's issues and the resulting aftermaths have been documented ad nauseum (though not well or consistent, but still...)

Actually...in the recent New Mutant 26.
    I've only read #25, which I like a lot more than I thought I would. Actually, I thought it was brilliant. Good point, though.

But it was interesting because it was well-written and about characters addressing their trauma for the first time. Wanda and Jean's issues and the resulting aftermaths have been documented ad nauseum (though not well or consistent, but still...)
    Well, similar dynamics and exchanges between Jean and Wanda could be well-written and interesting, too, not to mention iconic because of each's overall stature in comics. I definitely wouldn't be against it, especially because, as you pointed out, neither has had their traumas addressed in a consistently well-written fashion.