Page 100 of 473 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 7090

Continuation of previous post:

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    🤣 That would have been heavenly.

I agree. Plus, based on what Duggan has done with Jean so far across Cable, Planet-Size X-Men, Devil's Reign: X-Men, and X-Men, I have total trust and faith in him. However, I need this moment NOW because my imagination is running wild with what "Jean crushes" could mean.

Will Jean be the one to shut shit down and bring her team and Krakoa a victory against Orchis, Gameworld, or both? Will she use her telepathy and/or telekinesis in hitherto unseen or familiar yet unused-until-now ways? (I'm picturing her busting out with her pink form and psionic energy absorption, to which I had dedicated a tweet Duggan recently liked.) My mind spins with the possibilities!
    stay strong. ^_^

staystrongfromjean.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    stay strong. ^_^
    Thank you!

What a lovely piece! I love the overall concept, which gives her the regal bearing of a knight!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I recently tweeted about this mini-arc and have mentioned it here before, but I wanted to share the pages and gloat a bit. Jean pushing Scott to join her in saving their son, going against the Quiet Council's (QC) orders and being removed from her position, leading the charge against Otherworld, being offered and rejecting reappointment to the QC by Xavier and Magneto, and founding the new X-Men team is probably my favorite character development arc for her, along with Duggan's X-Men #4, during Hickman's run.

I'd like to see more of this in 2022, and beyond! I'm confident in Duggan's use of Jean for a number of reasons but mostly because he's not cynical about the character. Instead of deconstructing her he's adding onto who she is and what she wants.

That said the above panels highlights the issues with Jott for me! I personally no longer care if their apart or together. I fill like if Jean is going to be written well that will happen regardless who she's with. However, if Scott and Jean are going to be together it is the duty of the writers to demonstrate why these two people care for one another and want to be together. Lest we falls in the trap and perceived notions that some readers express about Jean and Scott's relationship.

One of the recent issues of X-men did an excellent job showing Emma and Scott's relationship, I wish Jean and him got those kinds of moments with more consistency.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 03-02-2022 at 01:03 PM.

BANNED

Sunfire can now fly through space. Storm can too. So when will Jean fly through space.

I wonder will shoe fight against Echo in Judgement Day? Be cool to see her fight an eternal.

Jean's been flying through space sans Phoenix since the 90s

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Sunfire can now fly through space. Storm can too. So when will Jean fly through space.

I wonder will shoe fight against Echo in Judgement Day? Be cool to see her fight an eternal.
    I missed those scenes. Do you have them?

I know Storm can make an atmosphere around herself, but how does Sunfire do it?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Funny enough, back in September of ‘21, before we knew who was going where, I tweeted this 👇🏻 to Gerry, reminding him of what she’s capable of. (I included her entire scene with Carol in space.)

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jean_RED_...08944475598849
    Last edited by Mercury; 03-02-2022 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I love these examples! Jean so powerful and confident!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

She has not done that sadly since her resurrection. I’m hoping she flies through space soon.

Last time she flew through space was in the Morrison run, from the sun to Earth.

Beau just RTed and quoted my tweet regarding needing a sister moment between Jean and Ororo in X-Men #9. He also says Storm is going on his other arm. He’s such a sweetie.

https://mobile.twitter.com/beau_dema...73636351029252

Beau just RTed and quoted my tweet regarding needing a sister moment between Jean and Ororo in X-Men #9. He also says Storm is going on his other arm. He’s such a sweetie.

whoo this one hit me in the feels. This is my forever pairing. Neither of them can ever have anything because i always want the other to be apart of it. lol or rather it's bittersweet when they aren't a part of it.
    Last edited by jwatson; 03-02-2022 at 06:34 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Niiiiice. Very talented.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Great friendship. You chose great images.

Wanted to know people’s thoughts.

If Jean had stayed dead during the DP Saga, how big of a deal would her return been if she returned during Hickman’s run? Would he have resurrected her at all?
    Last edited by 5cents; 03-03-2022 at 08:12 AM.
    First X-Lady