Page 101 of 473 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Beau just RTed and quoted my tweet regarding needing a sister moment between Jean and Ororo in X-Men #9. He also says Storm is going on his other arm. He’s such a sweetie.

https://mobile.twitter.com/beau_dema...73636351029252

This sisterhood should be the heart and core of the animated series not the love triangle stuff... cause we always hear they are sisters and besties, but we rarely get those moments. Storm lately seems to have a much developed relationship with the other xwomen (though I am not complaining), than she does with jean whom is literally supposed to be her soul sister.

Can we change that please.... thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Wanted to know people’s thoughts.

If Jean had stayed dead during the DP Saga, how big of a deal would her return been if she returned during Hickman’s run? Would he have resurrected her at all?
    I think a larger part of that would have been how utilized Jean would have been in other media like the cartoons, games, movies, etc... Pretty much what would her legacy be. Had she stayed dead, most of us probably wouldnt have been fans of her. Its also possible that is Moira twist could have been done with her. Not exactly the same obviously, but add some new revelation that uses Jean as the anchor to usher in a new era

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think a larger part of that would have been how utilized Jean would have been in other media like the cartoons, games, movies, etc... Pretty much what would her legacy be. Had she stayed dead, most of us probably wouldnt have been fans of her. Its also possible that is Moira twist could have been done with her. Not exactly the same obviously, but add some new revelation that uses Jean as the anchor to usher in a new era
    I think that it would be a lot better for Jean as a character if Byrne hadn't come in and decided to kill her off in the first place. She would've been the X-Men's most powerful member as Phoenix, which is still the most iconic version of both the Phoenix and of Jean Grey. But she wouldn't have the baggage of Dark Phoenix or losing control or dying 'all the time.'
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by harpsikord View Post
    i think that it would be a lot better for jean as a character if byrne hadn't come in and decided to kill her off in the first place. She would've been the x-men's most powerful member as phoenix, which is still the most iconic version of both the phoenix and of jean grey. But she wouldn't have the baggage of dark phoenix or losing control or dying 'all the time.'
    quoted for truth!!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I would have loved for Jean to come back as the Phoenix a few years after the Dark Phoenix Saga. No Phoenix force retcon. Just Jean as Phoenix. Just imagine a world without all those horrible Phoenix force stories.

This is still how I will always picture Jean’s return. Such a beautiful story.
    https://redshades.tripod.com/archive/sequoia_risen1.htm

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I would have loved for Jean to come back as the Phoenix a few years after the Dark Phoenix Saga. No Phoenix force retcon. Just Jean as Phoenix. Just imagine a world without all those horrible Phoenix force stories.

This is still how I will always picture Jean’s return. Such a beautiful story.
    https://redshades.tripod.com/archive/sequoia_risen1.htm
    You're assuming that Jean returning as Phoenix would have meant none of those stories. I think the PF would still have eventually made its way to other characters.

You're assuming that Jean returning as Phoenix would have meant none of those stories. I think the PF would still have eventually made its way to other characters.
    The original Jean as Phoenix didn’t have a Phoenix force, it was just Jean reaching her ultimate potential.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    The original Jean as Phoenix didn’t have a Phoenix force, it was just Jean reaching her ultimate potential.
    Thats open to interpretation. Its described as a cosmic being and treated like a seperate personality that possessed her in Claremont's DPS and he is the one that wrote it as a cosmic force that went on to use Rachel as a host. The fact is the Phoenix wasnt whored out the way it it has been until very recent in history and that has nothing to do with Jean's X-Factor' retcon which largely goes ignored when they do give it to others so I dont think Jean coming back as PF in the mid 80s would have necesarily stopped what we see now

BANNED

Thats open to interpretation. Its described as a cosmic being and treated like a seperate personality that possessed her in Claremont's DPS and he is the one that wrote it as a cosmic force that went on to use Rachel as a host. The fact is the Phoenix wasnt whored out the way it it has been until very recent in history and that has nothing to do with Jean's X-Factor' retcon which largely goes ignored when they do give it to others so I dont think Jean coming back as PF in the mid 80s would have necesarily stopped what we see now
    The original intention from Claremont and Cockrum was for Jean to achieve her full potential as a psi and be a cosmic hero equaling Thor. By the time the Dark Phoenix saga happened, it was treated like a separate personality. It didn’t get whored out until Endsong and Warsong and it’s downhill every since.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I think that it would be a lot better for Jean as a character if Byrne hadn't come in and decided to kill her off in the first place. She would've been the X-Men's most powerful member as Phoenix, which is still the most iconic version of both the Phoenix and of Jean Grey. But she wouldn't have the baggage of Dark Phoenix or losing control or dying 'all the time.'
    200 percent agree with you.

BANNED

For the most part, characters like Thor, Magik, etc get to keep the defining aspects of themselves like the hammer and the soulsword. Those have been passed around as well, but they got returned to the original characters. We can only hope Jean gets the Phoenix name and imagery back.

Let’s be clear on how Claremont defined Phoenix before the DPS was even a glimmer in his eye, and how he defines it decades later, as recently as 2021. ☝🏻😌

1976: Jean’s “body was consumed by the intense radiation, but her mind refused to die... She achieved her full potential as a psi—becoming, briefly, an entity of pure thought—before finally reforming as Phoenix.”

2012: "For me, the relationship between Phoenix and Jean is primal and unbreakable, and transcends the brief interlude of Jean's physical existence on Earth..."

2021: “BOTH, as always.”
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Also, I absolutely adore this new piece by Mike McKone. Jean in a Phoenix sweatshirt serving face for days:

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    This sisterhood should be the heart and core of the animated series not the love triangle stuff... cause we always hear they are sisters and besties, but we rarely get those moments. Storm lately seems to have a much developed relationship with the other xwomen (though I am not complaining), than she does with jean whom is literally supposed to be her soul sister.

Can we change that please.... thank you.
    Jean and Ororo are as bound together as earth is to water and sky. There history is too vast and deep. Nobody will ever match or change that. ☝😌❤️

I swear. Deadpool and his love for Jean are the cutest things: