Page 102 of 473 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Also, I absolutely adore this new piece by Mike McKone. Jean in a Phoenix sweatshirt serving face for days:

that is probably one of the best Jean Grey portraits I ever saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    that is probably one of the best Jean Grey portraits I ever saw.
    It is gorgeous. Here’s Jean mindwiping the Queen of the United Kingdom with a little sass for your pleasure. From the Further Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix #4 (1996):

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

It is gorgeous. Here’s Jean mindwiping the Queen of the United Kingdom with a little sass for your pleasure. From the Further Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix #4 (1996):

brilliant! Damn, telepathy is indeed scary.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I would have loved for Jean to come back as the Phoenix a few years after the Dark Phoenix Saga. No Phoenix force retcon. Just Jean as Phoenix. Just imagine a world without all those horrible Phoenix force stories.

This is still how I will always picture Jean’s return. Such a beautiful story.
    https://redshades.tripod.com/archive/sequoia_risen1.htm
    This fanfic is so good. Currently reading it at work lol.

Let’s be clear on how Claremont defined Phoenix before the DPS was even a glimmer in his eye, and how he defines it decades later, as recently as 2021. ☝����

1976: Jean’s “body was consumed by the intense radiation, but her mind refused to die... She achieved her full potential as a psi—becoming, briefly, an entity of pure thought—before finally reforming as Phoenix.”

2012: "For me, the relationship between Phoenix and Jean is primal and unbreakable, and transcends the brief interlude of Jean's physical existence on Earth..."

2021: “BOTH, as always.”
    Thats why I said its open to interpretation. Regardless of Claremont's intent, other writers HAVE interpreted it differently and its those same writers that have been around and given the Phoenix to other characters.

Oh ****:

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Keep these in mind!

I hope that variant isnt just for show...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I have a hunch that Logan will be encountering Phoenix during his time travels. Now, whether she will play a significant role or just be a passing hurdle in the story remains to be seen.

Love this. Jean as Phoenix as the Sorceress from Masters of the Universe.

Source: https://www.deviantart.com/arzeno/ar...ower-488491441

Oh ****:

This looks like it needs to be in an animated series!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Love this. Jean as Phoenix as the Sorceress from Masters of the Universe.

Source: https://www.deviantart.com/arzeno/ar...ower-488491441

Wow, blown away with all of these, but especially Jean!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    In fact, Echo will appear with the phoenix hahaha

Let’s be clear on how Claremont defined Phoenix before the DPS was even a glimmer in his eye, and how he defines it decades later, as recently as 2021. ☝����

1976: Jean’s “body was consumed by the intense radiation, but her mind refused to die... She achieved her full potential as a psi—becoming, briefly, an entity of pure thought—before finally reforming as Phoenix.”

Yes, this is the original Jean as Phoenix that we all know and love! And I love Moira’s quote in the same issue, that she and Xavier always knew Jean had this potential.

There is a quote at the end of Dark Phoenix Saga that could be interpreted as Jean talking about a separate entity, but it could also be interpreted as Jean trying to make sense of an extreme situation.

Rachel later ”inherited” Phoenix cause she was Jean’s daughter and wanted to live up to her potential and heritage. There is no talk about a force until the retcon with Jean’s return.

After the retcon Claremont tried his hardest to make Jean a larger part of the story, as she originally was - Classix X-Men #8 being the best example. It almost made me accept the retcon. Almost.
    Last edited by johnnysv75; 03-04-2022 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    This fanfic is so good. Currently reading it at work lol.
    It is so damn amazing. I love her voice for Jean!