Page 106 of 473 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I agree with you. It's telling that the public consensus also agrees with and pretty much reflects our views. I mean, at this point, Jean’s unique and unparalleled relationship with the Phoenix Firce, i.e., herself and her own power, is not even something we need to argue or substantiate. As far as most people—diehard comic fan and casual reader alike—are concerned, Jean and Phoenix being one is a fargone conclusion. It just is.
    yes, we are on the same page. it is just super bizarre to me that Marvel comics on the other hand tries so hard to separate the two from each other, while all other media have closely tied Jean Grey to the Phoenix Force and continue to do so. The Dark Phoenix Saga is one of the most famous and important storylines in superhero comics...Jean will always be the template for a heroine who goes dark.

...but this coversation has a beard. lol I have a deja vu.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    yes, we are on the same page. it is just super bizarre to me that Marvel comics on the other hand tries so hard to separate the two from each other, while all other media have closely tied Jean Grey to the Phoenix Force and continue to do so. The Dark Phoenix Saga is one of the most famous and important storylines in superhero comics...Jean will always be the template for a heroine who goes dark.

...but this coversation has a beard. lol I have a deja vu.
    At this point, I see it as cyclical. Also, when Jean is Phoenix she overshadows everyone, so, if and when Marvel wants to prop up other characters, especially other mutants, it’s in their best interests to downplay this facet of her. In the end, I very much enjoy her moments as simply Jean Grey. It’s the liminal spaces in her life between the swings from extraordinary mutant to cosmic force—beyond a “god” or “goddess,” really—that keep her endearing and relatable!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

At this point, I see it as cyclical. Also, when Jean is Phoenix she overshadows everyone, so, if and when Marvel wants to prop up other characters, especially other mutants, it’s in their best interests to downplay this facet of her. In the end, I very much enjoy her moments as simply Jean Grey. It’s the liminal spaces in her life between the swings from extraordinary mutant to cosmic force—beyond a “god” or “goddess,” really—that keep her endearing and relatable!
    She doesn't overshadow everyone. Take the 1990s. Marvel was broke and basically put all their promotion into two characters. Wolverine and SpiderMan. Which is why the Fox movies were really Wolverine and the XMen with almost no other characters besides Wolverine getting any real development. The MCU by making Guardians of the Galaxy a huge hit, by making Wanda a major star with WandaVision, by giving people like Moon Knight their own series has totally changed the dynamics.

BANNED

I think the reason why the current Xoffice doesn't use the Phoenix is simply because they had other stories to tell, and other characters to develop. Plus the XMen should be able to save themselves without the Phoenix. They have access to other cosmic and magical resources.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She doesn't overshadow everyone. Take the 1990s. Marvel was broke and basically put all their promotion into two characters. Wolverine and SpiderMan. Which is why the Fox movies were really Wolverine and the XMen with almost no other characters besides Wolverine getting any real development. The MCU by making Guardians of the Galaxy a huge hit, by making Wanda a major star with WandaVision, by giving people like Moon Knight their own series has totally changed the dynamics.
    sorry, I disagree that the X-Men movies were only about Wolverine. :-p X3 was the problem...all the other X-Men movies are very much ensemble movies...Magneto, Mystique, Xavier, Beast,...

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    sorry, I disagree that the X-Men movies were only about Wolverine. :-p X3 was the problem...all the other X-Men movies are very much ensemble movies...Magneto, Mystique, Xavier, Beast,...
    Those characters got focus in the films that didnt revolve around Wolverine aka First Class, Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix. When Wolverine was around, he was always the main focal point and that wasnt limited to X3. There was barely much characterization or development for the other characters in the original trilogy. I think DOFP had the best balance in the films that he was in, but even that had him be the central POV character

Im also with WallStreeter in that I dont think Jean as Phoenix overshadows everyone. She never did. She didnt in Claremont's original run, nor did she in New X-men

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Can't wait to see this team finally in a real storyline. ;-)

And remember, per Duggan...

]
    Looking at this, I wish the middle part of the headpiece was yellow.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It really would look great if it was that same gold color on her shoes, sleeves, and torso.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

They could deliver this comic to Tom Taylor. Pepe + Tom =

All-New Member

And remember, per Duggan...

Don’t get your hopes up

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    It really would look great if it was that same gold color on her shoes, sleeves, and torso.
    Yes....a little golden Phoenix!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

The Red Dragon

Ive been saying this costume needs some more color.
    I wish the x on her chest was gold. The original designed worked because the yellow/gold train broke up all the green. Now there’s just way too much green and not enough contrast. It doesnt pop as I hoped it would.