Page 108 of 473 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 7090
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Everybody dumps on Aaron but the X-Men side looks at the Phoenix the exact same way.
    I don't dump on Aaron. I liked Jane Foster as Thor. Some of his ideas are good. Some are horrible. I didn't like every random person being Phoenix, but I had no issue for Firehair, or how the Shiar gods summoned the Phoenix when Jane Foster was Thor.

In a twisted since, the Phoenix is finally used as a member of the Avengers and a regular hero. Too bad the Xoffice didn't have the imagination to do this. But I would rather Phoenix be in the Avengers than see another Dark Phoenix story or another story where the XMen or the Shi'ar freak out everytime Jean does a major powerfeat.

I don't even think the XMen know Jean beat the demon Nightmare, because the XMen freaking out everytime Jean does something big still has not yet been resolved.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Jean's new look is missing some sexy boots...in the same lighter metallic shade as her top with gold accent.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Firehair doesn't just look like Jean. She has the same powers. She was a member of the pre historic X-Men. The leader was a lot like Charles Xavier, and we saw an one eyed baby. I think Firehair got reincarnated as Jean, while the leader became Xavier, while the one eyed baby is Cyclops.
    Exactly. Perhaps White Phoenix created them all to mirror the men, aside from her father, she was closest to.

Meaning this story was written like this because while the Avengers office was going to claim the Phoenix, they put in a backdoor where it can be reclaimed by the Xoffice, including Jean herself. Knowing Marvel, they will have Jean reclaim the Phoenix just to do Avengers versus XMen 2. That day is coming.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if that was Aaron and Marvel’s intent when deciding to make Firehair the “first Phoenix host.” It’s all too coincidental and “on the nose” for it not to be intentional. In either case, reuniting Jean and Phoenix plausibly would be extremely easy to do.
    Last edited by Mercury; 03-10-2022 at 10:33 AM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

C8AC6C5A-45D0-4459-B7B8-34DB74714518.jpg

Lukas Werneck got his dream variant cover

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Exactly. Perhaps White Phoenix created them all to mirror the men, aside from her father, she was closest to.

I wouldn’t be surprised if that was Aaron and Marvel’s intent when deciding to make Firehair the “first Phoenix host.” It’s all too coincidental and “on the nose” for it not to be intentional. In either case, reuniting Jean and Phoenix plausibly would be extremely easy to do.
    I also think the Xoffice doesn't currently want the Phoenix is because they basically beat a dead horse with too many Dark Phoenix stories and with the Shiar freaking out about Phoenix.

The Hickman era was about new approaches. A team of omega mutants terraformed Mars. It's wonderful that writers can think of powerful mutants doing positive things like terraforming, healing, resurrection, actually saving mutants etc.

Claremont and some later writers thought every powerful mutant had to go crazy in horrible repeats of the Dark Phoenix saga which just HAD to end. So did constant repeats of DOFP. At least the lives Moira went through, some of them had to do with the Phalanx assimilating everything on Earth. Wow, Hickman came up with new ideas instead of repeating the same stories for 80 year olds stuck in the 80s.

I also think the Xoffice doesn't currently want the Phoenix is because they basically beat a dead horse with too many Dark Phoenix stories and with the Shiar freaking out about Phoenix.

The Hickman era was about new approaches. A team of omega mutants terraformed Mars. It's wonderful that writers can think of powerful mutants doing positive things like terraforming, healing, resurrection, actually saving mutants etc.

Claremont and some later writers thought every powerful mutant had to go crazy in horrible repeats of the Dark Phoenix saga which just HAD to end. So did constant repeats of DOFP. At least the lives Moira went through, some of them had to do with the Phalanx assimilating everything on Earth. Wow, Hickman came up with new ideas instead of repeating the same stories for 80 year olds stuck in the 80s.
    Perhaps Feige even suggested to Marvel that they hold off on having Jean manifest Phoenix so that when she eventually does, it can coincide with whatever he has planned for her in the MCU.

Incidentally, I’m working on a Twitter thread that chronicles pivotal moments in the development and manifestation of Jean’s powers. I had intended to post my findings here, which I will do once I finish and tweet it.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Perhaps Feige even suggested to Marvel that they hold off on having Jean manifest Phoenix so that when she eventually does, it can coincide with whatever he has planned for her in the MCU.

Incidentally, I’m working on a Twitter thread that chronicles pivotal moments in the development and manifestation of Jean’s powers. I had intended to post my findings here, which I will do once I finish and tweet it.
    Feige is the chief creative officer at Marvel, meaning he is the boss of all movies, comics, cartoons, video games and other stuff created by Marvel. He was elevated to that position after Disney bought Fox.

You maybe right there, because if Feige plans on making Jean/Phoenix a hero, the comics would have to have his approval before going there.

BANNED

This time if the MCU uses Jean/Phoenix, we can be sure they are likely to get a good, famous actress. Fox's casting was terrible, especially for Jean. But they didn't intend to characterize her because for the most part the Fox movies where WOLVERINE and the XMen.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post

it will be perfect

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    it will be perfect
    hope she will have a neck. ;-)

Damn. She’s going to look stunning.

Feige is the chief creative officer at Marvel, meaning he is the boss of all movies, comics, cartoons, video games and other stuff created by Marvel. He was elevated to that position after Disney bought Fox.

You maybe right there, because if Feige plans on making Jean/Phoenix a hero, the comics would have to have his approval before going there.
    Exactly! The next couple of years are going to be fascinating to watch unfold.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    hope she will have a neck. ;-)
    For what neck? When you have Omega telekinesis

FNfUjlbWQAMQ6xn.jpg

BANNED

That's going to be awesome!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Jean's new look is missing some sexy boots...in the same lighter metallic shade as her top with gold accent.
    Yep much much better but it is missing a few touches to really make it pop. Right now it feels transitional so I fully expect her to rock it most this decade lol.

I need all this

I also feel like Marvel in the past at least refused to allow the X-office to really explore the PF. AvX was originally an X-men story ironically enough so was the Onslaught Saga.