Page 136 of 473 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    All that is all valid. But it's also your subjective view. Different people will see things differently.

Personally, I agree with some of what you said there, while disagreeing vehemently with other things. I'm still not dismissing your perspective. I actually understand you better now. So, thanks for sharing.
    I wrote once a little boring article about "Dark Phoenix", if you like I can send it to you. So, there is a in-depth explanation why I could find value in it's b-movie campiness. ;-) I'm fascinated in concepts like Shadow Feminism by Jack Halberstam and see a lot of it in the depiction of femininity in this movie.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I wrote once a little boring article about "Dark Phoenix", if you like I can send it to you. So, there is a in-depth explanation why I could find value in it's b-movie campiness. ;-) I'm fascinated in concepts like Shadow Feminism by Jack Halberstam and see a lot of it in the depiction of femininity in this movie.
    Sure thing. Please, send it my way. :)

Jean looks like a powerful Eternal on that one cover of Judgement Day.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Sure thing. Please, send it my way.
    ok I will do. I still wished Mercury would share my article on twitter, so I will finally become famous and get hired by Marvel. ;-)

I remember you sending this to me some months back, and how smitten I was with your writing.

Personally, I very much like what Sophie Turner did as Jean, and when viewed as a sort of “What If the Phoenix Force Destroyed D’Bari Before Bonding with Jean Grey?”, the film as a whole really works for me.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Also, it hurts my soul that none of you seem to appreciate Claremont's writing for Jean here or in the pages I shared above. 😭

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I had forgotten how utterly exquisite this sequence is. Say what you will about X-Men Forever (2009), but Chris Claremont’s Jean is unparalleled. You can tell how much he loves her by how he writes and regards her. Under his pen, she is complex, conflicted, courageous, self-sacrificing, and powerful beyond measure. These pages are simply sublime.

The way Claremont reestablishes that Jean and the Phoenix are one in the pages above, coupled with how he has Xavier ask her to step up and become head of the school, much like
    Grant Morrison did in New X-Men, is just…🤌🏼

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I remember you sending this to me some months back, and how smitten I was with your writing.

Personally, I very much like what Sophie Turner did as Jean, and when viewed as a sort of “What If the Phoenix Force Destroyed D’Bari Before Bonding with Jean Grey?”, the film as a whole really works for me.
    thank you, honey! my I'm blushing. :-)

You’re welcome, love!

Also, people…I mean, come on. 😭❤️

ok I will do. I still wished Mercury would share my article on twitter, so I will finally become famous and get hired by Marvel. ;-)
    Okay, so I was curious and I read the whole thing already.

I don't feel comfortable to comment about it, though. Nowadays, I only talk about certain things to people who know me a little. This is not something against you, in particular. It's a general rule I imposed to myself because I've just finally learnt how to navigate the current state of online interactions better. It's not how I wish things could be. But it is what it is.

Anyway, thanks a lot for sharing. :)

Also, it hurts my soul that none of you seem to appreciate Claremont's writing for Jean here or in the pages I shared above. ��
    Sorry. It's not my intention. I just can't appreciate it. It reads to me like a man trying to portray a woman. I don't say that to bash Claremont. It's very rare to find a male writer - no matter how great they are at everything else - who can do it.

And in all fairness, the other way around is also common: when female writers try to write male characters, they often don't capture them well either.

Would she even die of the poison being an omega level telepath? Serious question. Shouldn't they be able to mind-over-matter their biochemical processes up to what is possible for a human?
    Sounds like a Bene Gesserit from Dune!

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Sounds like a Bene Gesserit from Dune!
    Oh, yeah, baby! :D

*wink*

Sorry. It's not my intention. I just can't appreciate it. It reads to me like a man trying to portray a woman. I don't say that to bash Claremont. It's very rare to find a male writer - no matter how great they are at everything else - who can do it.

And in all fairness, the other way around is also common: when female writers try to write male characters, they often don't capture them well either.
    Aw, I’m sorry you feel that way! Personally, I love Claremont’s Jean through and through. He understood her incredibly well and wrote her with depth, nuance, and dare I say aplomb.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    so the new costume is already on the comics? i wanna read one and see it in action
    Yea she started using it in the last X-men issue

Strange binary way to navigate the world. What about nonbinary writers, who can they write? But fair enough…there should be more attention for female writers in general. I guess that’s my opinion about the topic.