Page 14 of 473 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Tonight has been f'ing insane! I got the opportunity to have a private convo with the One Above Jean (use your imagination) and he assured me of this:

Jean crushes at end of year 1--hope you dig it
    And trust me, this isn't just a rumor. I can't breathe.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Tonight has been f'ing insane! I got the opportunity to have a private convo with the One Above Jean (use your imagination) and he assured me of this:

����������������������
    what does end of year one mean? Issue 12 of Duggan's X-Men? or sooner?

Sounds promising. Can't wait. Your excitement is infectious.

����������������������
    Sounds amazing! Your excitement made me feel better after having read the anticlimax that was Inferno #4. Wanted to read X-Men after that but first the ”buy now” button disappeared and now half of the new comics have disappeared from the Marvel Comics app. Ah well, I got to read one comic at least …

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Sounds amazing! Your excitement made me feel better after having read the anticlimax that was Inferno #4. Wanted to read X-Men after that but first the ”buy now” button disappeared and now half of the new comics have disappeared from the Marvel Comics app. Ah well, I got to read one comic at least …
    Try Amazon. They always have the issues up by 3am.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Man anti climatic isn't even the word for Inferno...

I feel like I've been edged for a week straight and abandoned...
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
    Can you tell what it is? (may be dm)

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post

I liked it but didn't think it was great. It sort of was anti-climactic. However, it certainly sets up an interesting new dynamic, which seems to be the fulcrum upon which Immortal X-Men spins.
    Last edited by Mercury; 01-05-2022 at 03:22 AM.

Rofl! So funny. Id not have the patience!

So, what do we think Duggan has cooked up for Jean "at end of year 1"...? There's Modok, Dr. Stasis, and Feilong...

So, what do we think Duggan has cooked up for Jean "at end of year 1"...? There's Modok, Dr. Stasis, and Feilong...
    I feel like Duggan is the only writer of late that's made compelling villains for her and the rest of the X-Men despite the apparent dislike for his stories.

Though if I'm being honest I'd have liked Fei Long to have been his own man instead of becoming an Orchis jockey. ESPECIALLY after what we just learned in Inferno #4.
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 01-05-2022 at 03:35 AM.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

I feel like Duggan is the only writer of late that's made compelling villains for her and the rest of the X-Men.

Though if I'm bek g honest I'd have lkke Fei Long to have been his own man instead of becoming an Orchis jockey. ESPECIALLY after what we just learned in Inferno #4.
    Duggan has been amazing. As I've seen it, he has been both restrained and building towards something big. The last issues I've read have proven that to me. As for Feilong, I wouldn't be surprised if he went rogue.

Try Amazon. They always have the issues up by 3am.
    Thanks! I bought it on ComiXology.eu. In your thread about X-Men #6 (I think it is about that, your first post is redacted), I saw that JWatson had bought it there. I liked it but there was one panel that made no sense for me. Waiting for a spoilers thread to see what others think about that panel.

Duggan has been amazing. As I've seen it, he has been both restrained and building towards something big. The last issues I've read have proven that to me. As for Feilong, I wouldn't be surprised if he went rogue.
    I have high hopes for his Jean! For some reason i believe that he may be the writer that lets adult Jean ”go pink”.

I have high hopes for his Jean! For some reason i believe that he may be the writer that lets adult Jean ”go pink”.
    You're too cute, lol. I also think Duggan has great things in store for her. I know he's read the things I've sent him, including scans, regarding her abilities, and about her history. I get the feeling that he'll be delving deeper into her character as the series moves along. And, if my suspicions turn out to be true, the fact that Jean and Scott will be mainstays on the series will give him time to really explore the both of them, including their relationship. I can't say enough about the new series. I really love it.

You're too cute, lol. I also think Duggan has great things in store for her. I know he's read the things I've sent him, including scans, regarding her abilities, and about her history. I get the feeling that he'll be delving deeper into her character as the series moves along. And, if my suspicions turn out to be true, the fact that Jean and Scott will be mainstays on the series will give him time to really explore the both of them, including their relationship. I can't say enough about the new series. I really love it.
    Still very skeptical about it. Do you feel like he has "deeply explored" Emma Frost or Kitty Pryde in his Marauders run?

We will see. As long as the art stays gorgeous I will continue to select Duggan's X-Men. There is a lot of potential if the actual story of the book finally starts....