Page 143 of 473 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    I miss this Jean. The one with an edge. Current nice carebear Jean isnt it and dreadfully one note.
    I’m sorry you feel that way, Tank. I’m sure she will surprise us both by the end of year one of X-Men and beyond!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Jean won an Oscar tonight. Fast forward to about three minutes and ten seconds (Note: Dr. Cecilia Reyes and Kitty Pryde can be seen in attendance):

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Felt like posting the times Jean has telepathically communicated with, influenced, and inhabited animals, including dolphins, meadowlarks, eagles, vultures, ravens, and dogs.

Here she dispatches a dolphin to save her friend Misty Knight, who she later psi-links with the dolphin.

Jean telepathically searches the globe for Xavier, inhabiting the minds of various birds, from a meadowlark to an eagle and finally a vulture, in her quest to find him.

To stop a swarm of ravens from attacking her and her team, Jean “deploy[s] a psi-blast to override the creatures’ minimal mental impulses.”

Jean scans the “residual imprints” in the brain of a dog who has been brutalized and murdered, connecting so closely with the animal, she experiences it's memories as if they were her own.

All good and fairly unique displays of Jean's powers from a long time ago, when Jean was not as powerful or as skilled as she is today.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

jean new costume.jpgthat page of Jean destroying the hellfire henchmen car is one of my all time favorite Jean panel, in only one page Claremont and Byrne resume so much about jean, about a human becoming a god... and it was just power, no phoenix entity, just Jean learning to deal with near infinite power...Plus Jean look absolutely majestic!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by perdid06; 03-28-2022 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    All good and fairly unique displays of Jean's powers from a long time ago, when Jean was not as powerful or as skilled as she is today.
    I agree. I want to see her communicate with and influence insects next!

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    that page of Jean destroying the hellfire henchmen car is one of my all time favorite Jean panel, in only one page Claremont and Byrne resume so much about jean, about a human becoming a god... and it was just power, no phoenix entity, just Jean learning to deal with near infinite power...Plus Jean look absolutely majestic!
    They really are an exquisite pair of panels.

I was rereading What If...(Phoenix Had Not Died)? #27 and appreciating this concise 3 page recap of the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Sagas:

Byrne was very good at making Jean or Storm look very powerful, I am not sure any other artist managed to give this intensity in power for them since...Screen Shot .jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I agree. I want to see her communicate with and influence insects next!

They really are an exquisite pair of panels.

I was rereading What If...(Phoenix Had Not Died)? #27 and appreciating this concise 3 page recap of the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Sagas:

I love these panels so much! The pics and wording are near-perfection!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    Byrne was very good at making Jean or Storm look very powerful, I am not sure any other artist managed to give this intensity in power for them since...Screen Shot .jpg
    So true! I hate when artists make Phoenix appear "cheesecakey", which most seem to do. Byrne gave Jean a powerful, beautiful and awesome look!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    So true! I hate when artists make Phoenix appear "cheesecakey", which most seem to do. Byrne gave Jean a powerful, beautiful and awesome look!
    At his peak, Byrne could go toe to toe with most artists today.
    Last edited by Mercury; 03-28-2022 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Felt like posting the times Jean has telepathically communicated with, influenced, and inhabited animals, including dolphins, meadowlarks, eagles, vultures, ravens, and dogs.

Here she dispatches a dolphin to save her friend Misty Knight, who she later psi-links with the dolphin.

One of my favorite issues. The conversations between Jean and Misty were deep.

Also the dolphin part lmao

EF8EF983-F8A2-4276-90E6-DDBCEF8AB243.jpg

[QUOTE=Mercury;5985054]Even Marvel acknowledges this. At this point, as much as I hate resorting to this claim, I think it is just plain misogyny.

From Dauterman’s trading card variant cover to X-Men #3:

Oh don't hate to do it as it most likely IS the reason. Whether conscious or subconscious, there's no reason why anyone writing such an article is ignorant that Jean has surpassed Xavier. Like let's get up to date already.

Also, thank you for posting the scans of Jean communicating with animals. I was under the impression that most high order telepaths could communicate with high intelligent animals so it was odd to me that I read an article about Emma controlling dogs in the recent issue of Devil's Reign as some barrier breaking moment. Like, this is the norm...?

Honestly though one of the most traumatic moments of me reading Jean, and one you posted, happened when she telepathically connected with that abused dog. When she was recounting how it was abused and how it tried to submit to stop the violence against it. As a dog owner myself and you know, a decent human being, that scene just brought tears to my eyes.

I was ready to go Dark Phoenix on those future psychopathic little brats AND Juggernaut's ass.

I'd also say this is just another example of how much empathy is involved in Jean's telepathy that even for someone of her power level and skill could get sucked in by the trauma of another even from just the residual energy from its deceased brain.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation