Page 147 of 473 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I have no idea what you're rattling on about, darling. My posting instances in which Jean did something decades before Emma did has nothing to do with the Madonna-Whore complex/dichotomy. (I don't define women in such crude, clunky terms.) I'm simply highlighting what a blueprint of a character Jean has been. You should consider it a compliment that I'm even thinking about or mentioning Emma at all.
    Very well said Mercury, those pages really do speak for themselves.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post

Mam, this is a Wendy's!
    🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Reason #75654356776542211 to free Jean Grey from the Scott/Emma dynamic.
    Leave it to Kitty to find a way to make it all about Jean and Scott, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Very well said Mercury, those pages really do speak for themselves.
    I certainly thought they did. Also, thank you. 🙏🏼
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Shit. I can't not love her. 😭

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Mam, this is a Wendy's!
    Ahahahahaha! Too funny!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Ahahahahaha! Too funny!
    I just wasn't expecting Merc to be snatching wigs so late at night. It took me off guard!

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

I just wasn't expecting Merc to be snatching wigs so late at night. It took me off guard!

Well, everyone thinks us intensely-loyal JG fans won't go there--but we can and do snatch a wig when it is needed, lol!

And most especially in Jean's own thread!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Shit. I can't not love her. ��

The character we got here and the one we got in Hopeless' solo were like 2 different characters. He wrote the best Teen Jean during the IvX era but ironically the worst Jean in the one that followed

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The character we got here and the one we got in Hopeless' solo were like 2 different characters. He wrote the best Teen Jean during the IvX era but ironically the worst Jean in the one that followed
    I think she is perfection through and through. ☝🏻😌

😭

Now wait just a damn minute! I didn’t snatch their wig. I simply set it and made sure the lace wasn’t showing…

BANNED

��

Leave it to Kitty to find a way to make it all about Jean and Scott, lol.

I certainly thought they did. Also, thank you. ����
    Cause that's all there is to it and that's what it was about when you posted the images.

Also because she literally does need more stories that aren't actually about Scott and Emma.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 03-29-2022 at 10:13 AM.

Cause that's all there is to it and that's what it was about when you posted the images.

Also because she literally does need more stories that aren't actually about Scott and Emma.
    "All there is to" what? Also, Scott was featured in only one of the parallels I posted.

To be clear, I know you know that I have agreed with you in the past about Jean being single or paired with someone else, including Logan. However, you tend to exaggerate Scott's current influence over her while overlooking how she is being written as independent and a leader in her own right. Part of the reason why I've grown to like how they're currently being written as a couple is that Jean is being depicted as an influential force in his life. She took charge and pushed him to fight for Nate. And again, without suggesting that he do so but simply by her actions, she is the one that prompted him to decline the offer to join the QC. She is also the one that came up with the idea to form, i.e., she founded, the new team. She's not the shrinking wallflower you sometimes describe her as.
    Last edited by Mercury; 03-29-2022 at 10:34 AM.

BANNED

I meant all there it to the "Jean grrrrr Emma" thing is just Scott-shipping. You said I made it about Scott when that's the only thing there inherently lol. That's she trapped in their orbit, in and out comics, while they are actively trying to take away anything that's not about them away from her is just a poison pill.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 03-29-2022 at 12:01 PM.

their official title is "co-founder" and "co-leader". I understand the purpose of your comment. but the point is that they did it together.

Acknowledging this doesn't diminish Jean's importance in his role in building the team.

First post here, be kind with me please.

Quote Originally Posted by CapCyke View Post
    their official title is "co-founder" and "co-leader". I understand the purpose of your comment. but the point is that they did it together.

Acknowledging this doesn't diminish Jean's importance in his role in building the team.

Welcome to CBR and The Jean Grey Thread!

I meant all there it to the "Jean grrrrr Emma" thing is just Scott-shipping.
    I disagree. While I am conservatively supportive of both, I hardly ship Scott or his marriage to Jean.

You said I made it about Scott when that's the only thing there inherently lol. That's she trapped in their orbit, in and out comics, while they are actively trying to take away anything that's not about them away from her is just a poison pill.
    Her being kissed by and kissing Spider-Man, mindwiping people, and telepathically communicating with and influencing animals has nothing to do with Scott. My inclusion of the butte and dress-up scenes was my attempt to be cheeky by inserting a visual punctuation or exclamation mark if you will. The focus of the post, however, was to show how some of Emma's recent scenes have echoed Jean's decades-old scenes.

And, as I've made clear to you before, I don't share your pessimistic, suspicious views of the editors' and writers' intentions towards Jean. That's not to say your views are wrong or unjustifiable, but I have a more optimistic take. After all, at various points in her history, Jean has been in a position of being seemingly disregarded--including dead--and has always come back to surprise people. She is an iconic character and will continue to be so.

Ultimately, I can understand why you feel wary of being too optimistic, and weary and disappointed regarding the direction she took after the highs of 2012-2019. However, Jean is not the only character whose development has slowed since the start of the Hickman era. And even still, she's had important moments of development. As I shared a few days ago on here, in a sense, we are entering phase two of the Krakoan era, and I expect character development to ramp up for several characters, including Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by CapCyke View Post
    their official title is "co-founder" and "co-leader." I understand the purpose of your comment. but the point is that they did it together.

Aw! I find your defense of Scott totally endearing. To be clear, I was referring to what has actually been depicted in-panel. Also, welcome to CBR!