Page 150 of 473 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I'm going to say something controversial, writing aside I think Red or Immortal would be the worse books for where Jean is now. I think, X-men plays to her strengths whereas she would never receive the development or focus of her peers in the books I mentioned. I definitely think both Red and Immortal will be written well, but as I said in the Immortal thread, X-men is acting as a great companion already to the new books. While balancing its own plots, moving forward the franchise's overall narrative, and expanding the cast. It most definitely has room for improvement, but I genuinely believe that book is going to surprise readers more than they think, the last two issues did a superb job setting up narratives which were referenced in Red and Immortal.
    While I disagree with your suggestion that Red and Immortal “would be the worse books” for Jean—I have full confidence in Ewing and Gillen’s abilities—I agree with your assessment of X-Men. As I’ve repeatedly stated in this and other threads, I consider and think Marvel is pushing the aforementioned titles as the flagship fleet or trio of the franchise, hence why they each include X-Men in the title. Moreover, while Duggan was somewhat constrained by several events that were ongoing during year one of X-Men, he still managed to successfully introduce new characters and plot lines and make the series feel as if it were building to something, which will apparently crescendo throughout the next three issues.

As we enter the Destiny of X era and head into Judgment Day, I believe that not only will X-Men but also all of the other titles sharpen their focus and deepen their exploration of the characters and their dynamics, and the myriad ongoing themes and concepts. I know some fans lost hope and simply gave up reading during the Hickman run, which was a time of drastic shifts and changes—this can be thrilling to some fans and disheartening to others—but I really believe we’re heading into the beginning of the payoff to those shifts and changes. Lastly, X-Men, in particular, seems like it will be in the middle of it all. I’m excited.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

Jean is going to take us back to the mansion and the 90s lewks

I agree, I want to see dynamic writers like Ewing and Gillen give their take on Jean.
    Duggan/Taylor/Percy are nice, but it's the predictable and comfortable Jean characterization we expect. It's not bad, but you can get bored and feel like you want to see her do a bit more.

But then, said "dynamic writer" might not care about her and writer her as background wallpaper or regress her to crying damsel in distress. Might as well stick to the comfort zone

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Ewing and Gillen would do great with Jean but I think that the context of the title is as important as anything else. I couldn't see Jean on Arakko in any longterm capacity, and I really don't want Jean compromising her ideals and going back to the Quiet Council.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Last year I theorized that Jean, the Phoenix, and Hope were part of a holy trinity. I guess I wasn't far off.

I've just remembered that Jean lost her ENTIRE family in a terrible massacre.....everybody!

uff, Marvel Comics are so cruel sometimes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I've just remembered that Jean lost her ENTIRE family in a terrible massacre.....everybody!

Jean nearly lost her entire immediate family... She still has Scott, Rachel, and Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Jean nearly lost her entire immediate family... She still has Scott, Rachel, and Nathan.
    Rachel who? :-p

p.s. fair enough.

Analogy to Marvel trying to massacre Jean's fans.
    Hickman = Shiar Empire

BANNED

Three new Marvel board games and Jean made all three covers, albeit with one being a lesser form of Jean.

https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/1...gedies-and-pre

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Three new Marvel board games and Jean made all three covers, albeit with one being a lesser form of Jean.

Very cute. Thanks for sharing, Kitty!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Again, Phoenix Phoenix everywhere...except in the comics...

BANNED

Again, Phoenix Phoenix everywhere...except in the comics...
    That's mainly because some skittish dudes on the comics end like demure and meek waifus and not outwardly confident and powerful ones.

Thanks Kitty.

I just wish it was more of a RPG with every character having the same certain traits at different levels.

In the past Jean was always made weak, way below Xavier. I would love to see Jean's ranking these days!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 04-04-2022 at 06:25 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

ComicsXF just published Redesigning Jean Grey, which includes a collection of fascinating redesigns for Jean by some great artists.

First up, we have Stephen Reinfurt’s sleek and “high-tech...but dusty and beat-up” update of Jean’s Age of Apocalypse look:

Next, Adam Reck’s first look is a fusion of Jean’s best looks—Whilce Portacio’s highly underrated and regal X-Factor uniform; the original Phoenix suit; and Teen Jean’s garb—making for one of the best redesigns on the list. The second look combines Jean’s Jim Lee 90s design and her astral plane armor: