Page 186 of 473 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    You little minx! That “Wi-Fi signal” was pivotal in securing their success! Let’s see what you’d do without Wi-Fi/internet, mister. lol!
    I'm not saying Jean's wifi signal wasn't important, just that Spidey shouldn't be kissing only Jean, fairness and all .

Interesting!
    I think I found the scene and it's not really what TV tropes described:

(Incredible Hulk#31 vol 2)

Basically what's going on here is that Leader is transcending somehow, and he describes it as becoming one with something, and is also described as becoming "pure consciousness".

So yeah, whatever's going on, he's not becoming pure thought here, and if this is the scene TV tropes described, they're not really right about what's up.

Ironically enough, I was wrong about Leader not having telepathy, he shows telepathy here, and later on in Bruce Jones' run to take over Banner's body.

Funnily enough, he was also shown the capacity to body surf in Incredible Hulk#432 (About 4 years after Jean did it in Uncanny X-Men#281~283), but it's limited to only one Gamma being (As far as I checked in that brief speed reading that is)

All of this by the way was retconned to be connected to The One Below All in Immortal Hulk (Specifically issue#34), the being he wanted to become one with as The One Below All itself, and body surfing is shown to not be exclusive to Leader and has nothing to do with his enhanced mind or telepathy, since other Gamma beings do it as well in Immortal Hulk.

So yeah, short version is, the "pure thought" stuff with Leader may not be exactly the case if I found the right scene, he was ascending somehow, fails, seemingly dies from it, and Immortal Hulk retconned it into him becoming too close with TOBA, who's only connected with Gamma beings and not telepaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I remember Marvel once stating that power is power even if in different forms and it can be compared/contrasted among the characters. They used Cyclops and Scarlet Witch in early X-Men comics and said that the SW had the same amount of power as Cyclops, but it was expressed differently and did not always result in the same amount of damage all the time (since it was Wanda's Hex Power at that time, soldiers might be held motionless while at other times a huge bulder might explode). But the 2 different powers, Hex Power and Optic Blast, were equal in sheer power.
    Zdarsky's X-men/X-Men also has data pages with a theory saying that powers have the same source, just different forms of "Godpower":

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...54/unknown.png

(X-Men/Fantastic Four#1 vol 2)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...62/unknown.png

(X-Men/Fantastic Four#3 vol 2)

Don't really care about the idea of everything having the same source though, stuff like that is what made Ultimate Universe boring, since almost everything on Earth, including most mutants, are just variations of Captain America's super soldier serum.

Wolverine himself though is an actual mutant, and he's the source of X-Gene (As shown in Ultimate Origins), and he was used as another attempt to recreate the super soldier serum, dunno how Apocalypse is connected with that, maybe he was another random mutant way before everything and X-Gene just showed up at random once every few thousand years, but I doubt Marvel was thinking that much 'cause Ultimate Apocalypse is a mess lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I'm not saying Jean's wifi signal wasn't important, just that Spidey shouldn't be kissing only Jean, fairness and all.

I think I found the scene and it's not really what TV tropes described:

(Incredible Hulk#31 vol 2)

Basically what's going on here is that Leader is transcending somehow, and he describes it as becoming one with something, and is also described as becoming "pure consciousness".

So yeah, whatever's going on, he's not becoming pure thought here, and if this is the scene TV tropes described, they're not really right about what's up.

Ironically enough, I was wrong about Leader not having telepathy, he shows telepathy here, and later on in Bruce Jones' run to take over Banner's body.

Funnily enough, he was also shown the capacity to body surf in Incredible Hulk#432 (About 4 years after Jean did it in Uncanny X-Men#281~283), but it's limited to only one Gamma being (As far as I checked in that brief speed reading that is)

All of this by the way was retconned to be connected to The One Below All in Immortal Hulk (Specifically issue#34), the being he wanted to become one with as The One Below All itself, and body surfing is shown to not be exclusive to Leader and has nothing to do with his enhanced mind or telepathy, since other Gamma beings do it as well in Immortal Hulk.

So yeah, short version is, the "pure thought" stuff with Leader may not be exactly the case if I found the right scene, he was ascending somehow, fails, seemingly dies from it, and Immortal Hulk retconned it into him becoming too close with TOBA, who's only connected with Gamma beings and not telepaths.

Zdarsky's X-men/X-Men also has data pages with a theory saying that powers have the same source, just different forms of "Godpower":

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...54/unknown.png

(X-Men/Fantastic Four#1 vol 2)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...62/unknown.png

(X-Men/Fantastic Four#3 vol 2)

Don't really care about the idea of everything having the same source though, stuff like that is what made Ultimate Universe boring, since almost everything on Earth, including most mutants, are just variations of Captain America's super soldier serum.

Wolverine himself though is an actual mutant, and he's the source of X-Gene (As shown in Ultimate Origins), and he was used as another attempt to recreate the super soldier serum, dunno how Apocalypse is connected with that, maybe he was another random mutant way before everything and X-Gene just showed up at random once every few thousand years, but I doubt Marvel was thinking that much 'cause Ultimate Apocalypse is a mess lol.
    You’ve given me quite a bit to digest. Thanks for sharing all of this!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    you know reading x-treme you really realize how deep Storm/Jean bond is.
    I was reading Uncanny X-Men #137—I’m still making my way through Claremont’s Marvel Paragon Collection that I received a few weeks back—and I was reminded of this beautiful panel featuring Ororo reflecting on her feelings for Jean.

upload pic

Back to Black Widow!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Using basic quantum theory concepts to offer a concise definition of Jean’s abilities, it can be said that, using telepathy, she can control the implicate order and, using telekinesis, the explicate order of reality to an undefinable (Omega Level) degree. For example, in the scene from the Spider-Man story posted most recently, Jean makes it clear that her level of telekinesis can “disrupt [organisms’] cell structures,” which fall under explicate order. (Mind you, as shown in Percy’s X-Force, Jean is capable of atomizing organisms without the aid of the Phoenix Force.)

As theoretical physicist David Bohm, who coined the aforementioned concepts, noted, what we consider “reality” is "surface phenomena, [or] explicate forms that have temporarily unfolded out of an underlying implicate order." In turn, implicate order can be considered the foundation of reality or “the ground from which reality emerges.” Many, from scientists to metaphysicists to spiritual adepts, consider thought to be the originator of all reality. Food for thought. (Pun intended.)

I love what you've referenced here (I hope to delve further into it when I can)...it reminds me of this analysis from Dark Beast of Nate Grey after the "loss" of his telekinesis.

It could be argued Jean's TK was less a second discrete power and moreso her Omega telepathy re-routing/adapting that aspect of energy manipulation to a more "explicate" manifestation.

Now that i think about it, Xavier "unlocks" Jean's telepathy specifically due to his plans he has for her to stop the Z'Noxx invasion. Jean's role is that of a mental funnel and transmitter(though transceiver would be more accurate) . She takes all of the combined thoughts from Xavier, and essentially converts it to another form of energy for Havok to use and further transmit to Cyclops

Doing such a feat despite just a few short weeks of using telepathy....I was majorly excited at the implications of Bendis directly referencing OG Jean's delayed and asymmetrical development, and what a different path could look like. TP-boosted TK is merely scratching the surface

I’ll respond to you momentarily Omega_DCD.

Coming up next week on X-Men Unlimited: ZERO TOLERANCE:

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

hell yes. That's how you make Jean's new costume pop!

Yes, with Jean's power to control/direct energy, Jean should be able to control/redirect electricity, electromagnetic pulses and even the weather since it is patterns of energy.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

White on Jean and Scott’s relationship with the Quiet Council:

Jean, girl, you’re on a mission with Bishop. It’s time to dump Scott and finish where you and Lucas left off in AoX lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, with Jean's power to control/direct energy, Jean should be able to control/redirect electricity, electromagnetic pulses and even the weather since it is patterns of energy.
    What do you mean Jean should be able to? If She can absorb and redirect Psychic energy then electricity and electromagnetic pulses are well within the scope of her innate abilities.
    Last edited by Micabe; 05-02-2022 at 10:20 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Nice hommage... G-Force

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    What do you mean Jean should be able to? If She can absorb and redirect Psychic energy then electricity and electromagnetic pulses are well within the scope of her innate abilities.
    I know that, and I have long been aware, that Jean can do all these things.

But I was writing it politely so that Marvel writers would get the hint and start showing us electrical, electromagnetic and weather demonstrations of Jean's powers! Jean can do ALL of these things, but the Marvel writers don't seem to know or want to show us on any regular basis.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Jean, girl, you’re on a mission with Bishop. It’s time to dump Scott and finish where you and Lucas left off in AoX lol
    I had exactly the same response to this image. jean and bishop have some chemistry here.

James Stokoe PREDATOR variant for X-Men #13

https://twitter.com/RPHutch1975/stat...97734019096577

BANNED

Yes, Bean team-up issue!