Page 190 of 473 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240290 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 7090
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Except Claremont's story is a prequel to a story he wrote decades ago. Now, if it was Aaron who wrote that bit of connection between the PF and Jean and the DoFP story, then you might have a better leg to stand on.

We may not know with exact certitude where Jean stands (unless absolutely corroborated by the writer) but based on what is evidenced on the page we can arrive at very logical conclusions.

As it stands right now the PF is more important to some of Jean's fans than it is to Jean herself. Newsflash! Jean doesn't GAF anymore about that toxic abusive bird. And it's kind of ironic, really.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-03-2022 at 03:05 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As it stands right now the PF is more important to some of Jean's fans than it is to Jean herself. Newsflash! Jean doesn't GAF anymore about that toxic bird.
    And that unfortunately is the reality of where we are at now. Im fine with Jean not having the PF, but I wish she was at least able to keep her codename bc Phoenix embodied her in so many ways. I wish she was able to still use its imagery such as the Phoenix raptor and icon but I get why its stripped from her

Except Claremont's story is a prequel to a story he wrote decades ago. Now, if it was Aaron who wrote that bit of connection between the PF and Jean and the DoFP story, then you might have a better leg to stand on.
    That Aaron didn’t write the story is irrelevant. What is relevant, however, is the fact that Marvel approved of Claremont’s story, which is canon, and published it after and despite the developments introduced by Aaron and others.

We may not know with exact certitude where Jean stands (unless absolutely corroborated by the writer) but based on what is evidenced on the page we can arrive at very logical conclusions.
    The only truly logical conclusion one can arrive at regarding Jean’s tumultuous relationship with the Phoenix Force is that one doesn’t know where it stands now or will stand in the future. However, of note is the fact that Marvel has made it a point of maintaining that relationship, even if only subtly, amidst stories which were seemingly designed to retcon said relationship (see AvX #12, Avengers #39, Firehair and baby cyclops, etc.). Also telling is the fact that, when separating the two, Marvel had Jean make the choice and have the power to do so, which speaks further of her relationship to and dominance over it.

As it stands right now the PF is more important to some of Jean's fans than it is to Jean herself. Newsflash! Jean doesn't GAF anymore about that toxic bird.
    This is true: it is important to some fans. I, for one, am fine with either outcome, i.e., with whether she manifests it again or not. However, I don’t jump to conclusions that have not been explicitly made by writers and editors, especially when it comes to Jean as Phoenix. History evidences clearly enough why I don’t.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Jean didn't say, "Now and FOREVER I am Phoenix!....or until the next writer comes along who doesn't like it."

Jean said FOREVER. Forever is Forever, lol.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Jean didn't say, "Now and FOREVER I am Phoenix!....or until the next writer comes along who doesn't like it."

I swear, sometimes you are just too irresistibly cute! 😂❤️
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

And the thing about this is these stories aren't even good enough to overturn those earlier stories. It would be one thing if taking away her legacy was an improvement or to empower the character in a different way, but no. It's just to downgrade her abilities and minimize her more extreme side.

As far as I'm concerned(yeah i know, head canon and just messin' around here)...it's the Phoenix that yearns to be a host and wield the JEAN FORCE, lol

They are retconning Jean into Gwen's backstory?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Just not in comics. As much as we wish otherwise, nothing is set in stone.

Take Moira, for example. Claremont wrote her as Xavier's science and academic colleague and non-mutant ally of "the Cause" in the early 80's. Forty years later she's a once-mutant T-M11 hell-bent on Mutant annihilation thanks to HiX-Man.

Regardless whether we like it or not, accept it or not...the narrative will change. Claremont no longer has a say in who Moira is and how she's written, same with Jean. Maybe someday another writer will come and retcon the retcon(s) but until then...Moira is a mutant-hating Terminator and Jean is not now and forever Phoenix, that title belongs to Echo.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Just not in comics. As much as we wish otherwise, nothing is set in stone.

Take Moira, for example. Claremont wrote her as Xavier's science and academic colleague and non-mutant ally of "the Cause" in the early 80's. Forty years later she's a once-mutant T-M11 hell-bent on Mutant annihilation thanks to HiX-Man.

Regardless whether we like it or not, accept it or not...the narrative will change. Claremont no longer has a say in who Moira is and how she's written, same with Jean. Maybe someday another writer will come and retcon the retcon(s) but until then...Moira is a mutant-hating Terminator and Jean is not now and forever Phoenix, that title belongs to Echo.
    Oh believe me, I understand all of this.

It's just that so rarely does a character say "Forever" and the very first time I ever read that comic, I made note that it said "forever" meaning that in some way, expressed or not, Jean would always be Phoenix. Just like during the time Jean was Phoenix, when out of costume, Jean was just Jean, like when they were playing baseball. But she was also Phoenix, even though we did not see it nor her powers. She was just Jean. But she was also Phoenix.

Moira, I always thought was a mutant posing as a human! Then, didn't Moira contract the Mutant Virus, the Legacy Virus and die from it? Now Moira is "officially" a mutant right? Yeah, to me, Moira always was!

It doesn't hurt anything if we each have our own views of things as not everything is defined in Marvel. To me, Moira was a mutant and is now a mutant. Jean is Phoenix even if she "denies" that part of herself for now. For Jean as Phoenix "She will rise again!"
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    As far as I'm concerned(yeah i know, head canon and just messin' around here)...it's the Phoenix that yearns to be a host and wield the JEAN FORCE, lol

lolololol so true, that is actually very on point. :-)
    Everybody is in love with Jean.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    lolololol so true, that is actually very on point. :-)
    Everybody is in love with Jean.
    Not everybody. But a lot of people (and cosmic forces). And can you blame them? :)

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Not everybody. But a lot of people (and cosmic forces). And can you blame them?
    And I can see why. I bet if Jean was real and I ever ran into her in real life I'd like her too.

BANNED

I'd probably troll her just to see what the fuss is all about when she really goes off. Gotta keep her sharp.