Page 2 of 473 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Every time I see this image, I question why the Marvel Girl outfit is still the costume of choice. While I get that the intention at the start of HoX/PoX may have been to show that this was the one true Jean (?or something?), there are much better field costumes to choose from (including the one from the Giant-Sized X-men book where she and Emma go into Storm's mind).
    I think it's safe to say that the costume is on the way out. Both Duggan and Larraz have implied as much on Twitter and in recent previews, she's been shown wearing a slightly modified version of her Hellfire Gala outfit.

Also, to everyone, forgive me for not completing the "middle section" of Jean's bio before publishing the thread. My excitement got the better of me. I plan on finishing the bio in the op by today or tomorrow.

I hope you all had great New Year celebrations. Happy New Year to all!

Originally posted by BobbysWorld

I'm just copying and pasting my post from the Most Controversial X-Franchise opinion because of Johnnysv5's idea for the Phoenix and Jean.....because ironically, its actually pretty similar to one of the original ideas for Jean and omega mutants in general when they first did X-Men Forever in the 90s. Putting it here since not everybody goes into that thread obviously and its relevant to this particular discussion, I feel:

My controversial opinion on the X-Universe was I preferred the take where the Phoenix was always Jean and Jean was always the Phoenix. It was the basis behind the original X-Men Forever miniseries establishing omegas, and why Bobby was chosen as the other original omega aside from her. Basically the idea as I understood it was that the Phoenix was always the ultimate evolution of Jean herself, what she could grow to become in thousands of years, kept alive via her own mutant power and telekinetic control over her molecular structure and her psyche, until a point where she transcended the need for a physical body and just existed as the Phoenix. But as for the Phoenix existing in the past.....that's because Jean's ultimate omega potential was to exist as an entity of pure telekinetic and telepathic godhood anywhere in TIME and space. Because see, Nathan and Rachel inherited her powers.....and the idea was that Rachel's chronoskimming power, to psychically see through time, was supposed to be rooted in a latent aspect of Jean's own powers, something that would unlock with her full potential.

And thus that's how Jean would become the Phoenix but still exist millions of years in the past, and be the basis of the Shi'ar legends and all that, etc. And its ALSO why she and her descendants are the prime 'hosts' for the Phoenix.....because when the Phoenix 'possessed' her, it was really just Jean's fully evolved and transcended self REUNITING with its own initial human existence....and in the process being reminded of human wants, needs and concerns, what it was like to be human, something the Phoenix had forgotten due to its endless eons of existence. And similarly, when it bonded with Rachel, it was the connection to her daughter that Jean/The Phoenix was resonating with. That's why even though the Phoenix has always been hosted by telepaths, seeking a symbiosis with mortal minds that reminded it of its origins, Jean and Rachel were its 'true' hosts, because they were of it in a way no one else was.

And then that's also why Bobby was chosen to be the other omega mutant, because although Claremont created The First Fallen to be the Phoenix's opposite, the idea at the time that making Jean and the Phoenix one and the same was what was floating around the X-office, it was Bobby who was intended to be its opposite in that way......because Bobby's full omega potential isn't making ice or controlling water, its essentially.....stopping energy, taking it away. Ending things.

See, when X-Men Forever first floated the idea of omega mutants, it was in a story with Celestials, and the whole idea was that omegas were the ultimate culmination of the Celestials' experiments on Earth. They were the point, the end goal. Beings who would someday evolve to take the place of the current Abstracts like Oblivion and Death and become the mechanism that would end this universe and start the next one. Jean as the Phoenix and Bobby were the fundamental starting point/lynch pin of that concept, as at their ultimate evolution, millions of years in the future long after they'd transcended existing as mortal bodies and were just pure power and consciousness.....Bobby would be the inevitable heat-death of the universe, the one who finally just said to all things "Stop" and ground the mechanism of the current universe to a stop, all that is ending with the absolute death of heat, which is of course just the result of molecules in motion and without it, molecules have no motion and nothing anywhere moves or does anything.....and then his counterpart, Jean, the Phoenix, was the spark that would take the graveyard of this universe and use it as kindling to ignite the next Big Bang, birthing the next universe. With whatever other omegas existed/transcended by then being the only other things besides them that would survive, and then they'd be what created the mechanisms of the new universe and becoming the Abstract/Framework entities of the next universe.
    Re-posting this post by BobbysWorld since I think it’s a great way to fix the Phoenix force and Jean’s story with Phoenix. What better way to start 2022, am I right?

I just re-read X-Men Forever (thanks for the link, Mercury), and they changed the ”omega mutants will evolve and with the next big bang become that universe’s eternals, and Bobby and Jean are the key to it all”-story into the notion that humankind will one day, thousands of years from now, evolve into eternals.

It is a shame that they watered down the initial idea into this, but I guess the powers at be thought that this would make Bobby and Jean too powerful (even though we are talking thousands of years from now). But what I like the most about the initial idea is that the Phoenix can exist at all points in time thanks to Jean’s ”ultimate omega potential was to exist as an entity of pure telekinetic and telepathic godhood anywhere in TIME and space”. So even though Jean becoming the Phoenix force is thousands of years away, every Phoenix host has actually bonded with the Phoenix force that Jean becomes in the future.

I love that so much. Simple and elegant and fitting for Jean. And it keeps the original idea from the original Phoenix story, that Moira and Xavier had always believed Jean had this potential within her.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Happy New Year
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I think it's safe to say that the costume is on the way out. Both Duggan and Larraz have implied as much on Twitter and in recent previews, she's been shown wearing a slightly modified version of her Hellfire Gala outfit.

I still prefer her X-Men red costume or the blue/yellow color scheme.

Medusa borrowing Jean's X-Men uniform:
    Last edited by Force de Phenix; 01-01-2022 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    This is beautiful! (I would remove the ”flowing fabric” behind her, I have forgotten what it is called. Other than that, it is gorgeous!)
    Last edited by johnnysv75; 01-01-2022 at 08:17 AM.

Happy new year to all Jean fans! <3 May the fire and life incarnate bless you!

Hoping to see her shine this 2022

73B7E9D4-1957-4C17-82A3-663CD6DC7B42.jpg

I don't know. I personally really dislike the color blue on her. I prefer Dauterman's recoloring from Giant Size X-Men. But the "stomach era" here is vastly improved.

I also don't mind something on her head highlighting her psychic abilities. the green x on green ground is also super chic in my eyes. I'm here for a redesigned Gala look. Wished it would finally be released.
    Last edited by Exodus; 01-01-2022 at 09:15 AM.

Is the blue version fan made? It looks amazing

I was looking at some of Jean’s feats in order to celebrate the new year. Run across something remarkable. But first the feats.

Jean lifting the Empire State Building antenna while flying herself.

At first I thought this feat was less impressive since it was under water. But then I learned that in those depths the water pressure actually makes things even heavier. Very cool feat.

Anyway. Here is Jean, casually flying through hyper space, seemingly without anything to aid her. Is this too incredible to be taken seriously? Was an editor asleep?
    To me it’s canon now. :-) (Don’t know what issue it is. Sorry. Borrowed this from a ”respect Jean Grey” thread.)

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Happy New Year! Hopefully we'll have a lot of interesting things to discuss when it comes to Jean!

Lifting heavy stuff is kinda her thing! But I guess the heaviest thing she has ever lifted or better has thrown was the space station in Planet Size X-Men, or? And I will never forget how she manipulated Jamie to give birth to Quentin's idea of the space stations. That was just hilarious, impressive, and scary:

Jean1.jpg

jean2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Exodus; 01-01-2022 at 09:36 AM.

To a new year and I’m manifesting great things to come.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Is the blue version fan made? It looks amazing
    The one with the other team members was originally green and I changed it to blue. I changed the gala version more because that belt thing she had just stopped. So I made it more triangular, and made it blue, black, and yellow, and got rid of the ballet slippers.
    Last edited by Force de Phenix; 01-01-2022 at 09:37 AM.