Page 24 of 473 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Quick question: If you were told that Jean would never be bonded with the Phoenix Force again, would you remain a Jean Grey fan?
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Quick question: If you were told that Jean would never be bonded with the Phoenix Force again, would you remain a Jean Grey fan?
    yes, of course. But for which medium does this even count? We know that television/cinema and gaming love to depict her as Phoenix. The Dark Phoenix Saga will forever be one of the best and most famous comicbook storylines of all time. Hence, Jean and the Phoenix won't be entirely separated. Comicbooks are such a small aspect of her representation...

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    yes, of course. But for which medium does this even count? We know that television/cinema and gaming love to depict her as Phoenix. The Dark Phoenix Saga will forever be one of the best and most famous comicbook storylines of all time. Hence, Jean and the Phoenix won't be entirely separated. Comicbooks are such a small aspect of her representation...
    What if you were told she would never bond with the Phoenix Force again in any medium...?
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

What if you were told she would never bond with the Phoenix Force again in any medium...?
    Does it really matter? Not really getting your point. I can always go back and read my favorite comicbook runs, movies, and television shows where she did.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Does it really matter? Not really getting your point. I can always go back and read my favorite comicbook runs, movies, and television shows where she did.
    I guess I'll answer my own question: If I found out Jean would never be bonded with the Phoenix Force again, yes, I would still be a Jean Grey fan. Admittedly, I fell in love with her as a character prior to reading the Dark Phoenix Saga or knowing anything about her connection to the Phoenix Force, so my interest in her is not bound by whether she is or isn't Phoenix.

BANNED

Your question isn't hypothetical. We've actually been told that. By Phoenix Resurrection, by Echo, by Hickman giving the Phoenix to Cyclops in his stories, by Aaron.

The Phoenix is too important and powerful for Jean's sidekick/love interest role.

I don't know whether to be annoyed by it or just bored.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 01-10-2022 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Lol we've been told that. By Phoenix Resurrection, by Echo, by Hickman giving the Phoenix to Cyclops in his stories, by Aaron.

I don't know whether to be annoyed by it or just bored.
    But what if you were told in no uncertain terms that it 100% would never happen again--would you still consider her a character interesting and compelling enough to be a fan of and follow?

BANNED

I'm still following now, after we have been told, and shown, that they don't want that kind of notoriety and power for the character. Your question isn't really a hypothetical. Everyone that is still around has answered the question by still being around. I don't expect big grandiose things coming her way in general, much less the Phoenix.

Luckily, there are other mediums besides comics that can use her.

So we'll see how she is in whatever cartoons, games, movies, etc come along. As long as she gets good moments and character exploration Phoenix ultimately doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 01-10-2022 at 09:59 AM.

I'm still following now, after we have been told, and shown, that they don't want that kind of notoriety and power for the character. Your question isn't really a hypothetical. Everyone that is still around has answered the question by still being around. I don't expect big grandiose things coming her way in general, much less the Phoenix.

Luckily, there are other mediums besides comics that can use her.

So we'll see how she is in whatever cartoons, games, movies, etc come along. As long as she gets good moments and character exploration Phoenix ultimately doesn't matter.
    Some people may be sticking around just in the hopes that she becomes Phoenix again. In either case, you answered my question and brought a slight smile to my face.

Astonishing Member

But what if you were told in no uncertain terms that it 100% would never happen again--would you still consider her a character interesting and compelling enough to be a fan of and follow?
    The best answer is actually from Jean's pov, she let the entity go, she has a history with it ,but as a mere mortal she doesn't own it. So if it moves on to another host or forms for itself a completely different corporeal form to walk in.I don't think Jean fans should be shocked or up in arms.That's my take anyway

BANNED

If she just had her Telepathic, Telekinetic, Psychic energy absorption, and redirection ability? Yes...
    Last edited by Micabe; 01-10-2022 at 10:27 AM.

BANNED

Double post deleted...
    Last edited by Micabe; 01-10-2022 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Double post

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    If she just had her Telepathic, Telekinetic, Psychic energy absorption, and redirection ability? Yes...
    No psychic energy absorption though...that's essentially the Phoenix. That's why "it's something she used to do as a kid" or whatever excuse that editor gave. Blah.

I would be fine. I want her to achieve things in her own.
    First X-Lady

No psychic energy absorption though...that's essentially the Phoenix. That's why "it's something she used to do as a kid" or whatever excuse that editor gave. Blah.
    Don’t you start! Her psychic energy absorption ability has nothing to do with the Phoenix Force and is still a part of her power set.

EDIT: I have actually been discussing it with someone…