Page 242 of 473 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    When does Wolverine: Patch take place?
    I'm not sure exactly when, but it takes place prior to Hama’s Wolverine run.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    this astral plane outfit is...something.
    I think it looks downright angelic. And for Jean Grey, that's a very fitting look.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I think it looks downright angelic. And for Jean Grey, that's a very fitting look.
    She looks great. I look forward to reading what Hama has in store for her in Wolverine: Patch #3 next month!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

What a fascinating panel. What an interesting slip...

Destiny, tell us again...

Yeah I've been wondering for a while what's up with that, Jean's return ain't time travel related so her being a blind spot for Destiny is odd, was that ever explained? Does Destiny have other blind spots besides time travelers?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah I've been wondering for a while what's up with that, Jean's return ain't time travel related so her being a blind spot for Destiny is odd, was that ever explained? Does Destiny have other blind spots besides time travelers?
    Her consciousness has transcended time and space, that’s how in a very far future she’s going to become the phoenix force a being of pure psionic power and save her past self from the shuttle accident, “you were always here waiting for yourself to arrive”.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    If I am recalling correctly, it was implied to be Madelyne that was causing the issue. She also was an anomaly to Destiny, if I'm remembering correctly. Jean was essentially in two areas at the same time. The Phoenix really messed with her in that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Her consciousness has transcended time and space, that’s how in a very far future she’s going to become the phoenix force a being of pure psionic power and save her past self from the shuttle accident, “you were always here waiting for yourself to arrive”.
    This seems like a rather reasonable explanation as well.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 05-18-2022 at 10:15 PM. Reason: clarification
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

She's basically saying lots of stuff is possible around Jean.
    Today they would have Destiny call her a well-known quantity or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    The powers that be would have a huge raging fit about this interpretation.

"No, no, f*cking no! Not Jean! The Phoenix is...*takes a shot of coke*...Thor's mom!"

But it's the best take on the Phoenix, in my opinion!
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 05-19-2022 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    What a fascinating panel. What an interesting slip...

Heh, i know where you're going with that :-) , but just want to point out her outfit there reminds me of this one from an X-Men Unlimited issue...one of the several beatdowns she's given to Sabertooth

There was also this Jean/Wolverine near-death meeting as well

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Heh, i know where you're going with that :-) , but just want to point out her outfit there reminds me of this one from an X-Men Unlimited issue...one of the several beatdowns she's given to Sabertooth

I love this scene. Also, obviously Claremont didn’t intend to imply what I’m suggesting, but it works!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    There was also this Jean/Wolverine near-death meeting as well

Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

Bloop!

(Check out the fiery wings.)

The wings dont look fiery to me. There is a yellow glint but that appears to come from Sersi's light

Bloop and bloop!

Her eyes are burning with fire…