Page 246 of 473 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256296346 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    The artist was Stuart Immonen, who's excellent overall. The face reminds me of what Larraz did with Polaris in one of the recent issues of X-Men, and what they—I'm not sure who the artist is—did with Scarlet Witch in the panel below:

Everything about that story was heavenly.

In other news, Kieron compared Scott and Jean's voices as follows, lol:

Scott: You are unsuited for command.

Jean: For fuck's sake, stop doing that.

I have a feeling is going to write a kickass Jean.
    Except this whole era Scott has been nothing but supportive of Jean and her power even in the latest xmen when he said "his betters" but now all of a sudden we are somehow at Scott saying Jean is unsuited for command or am i reading that wrong? What's up with the creating drama that doesn't exist so he can then "Address" it. That's plot pointing 101.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Sounds like Jean being tired of everyone's BS. XD
    Definitely. She has every right to be, tbh. She’s usually very even-tempered about things, but some of these people…honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Except this whole era Scott has been nothing but supportive of Jean and her power even in the latest xmen when he said "his betters" but now all of a sudden we are somehow at Scott saying Jean is unsuited for command or am i reading that wrong? What's up with the creating drama that doesn't exist so he can then "Address" it. That's plot pointing 101.
    You definitely misread my post, lol. Kieron was comparing how Scott and Jean would respond to someone, who is not ready to lead a team, on the verge of making a big mistake. He was joking around, though. However, I find it telling that his instinct is to use an aggressively assertive voice for her.
    Last edited by Mercury; 05-23-2022 at 06:27 AM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Definitely. She has every right to be, tbh. She’s usually very even-tempered about things, but some of these people…honestly.

You definitely misread my post, lol. Kieron was comparing how Scott and Jean would respond to someone, who is not ready to lead a time, on the verge of making a big mistake. He was joking around, though. However, I find it telling that his instinct is to use an aggressively assertive voice for her.
    Ahhh okay. That makes more sense.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

What excites me most about Gillen's revelation is that it indicates not only that he's going to use Jean as more than a background character in Judgment Day but also that he's making it a point of reviewing her history, perhaps because he plans on significantly delving into her pathos as a character.

Also, Gillen choosing to focus on Jean during such a massive event that will affect myriad characters lines up with what I've been told about Jean's upcoming developments...
    Last edited by Mercury; 05-23-2022 at 07:48 AM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

The Red Dragon

What excites me most about Gillen's revelation is that it indicates not only that he's going to use Jean as more than a background character in Judgment Day but also that he's making it a point of reviewing her history, perhaps because he plans on significantly delving into her pathos as a character.

Also, Gillen choosing to focus on Jean during such a massive event that will affect myriad characters lines up with what I've been told about Jean's upcoming developments...
    Assertive, take no bs, fiery Jean >>>>>>>>> carebear Jean. So let’s hope it shows during this event. This is the Jean I need/want.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Assertive, take no bs, fiery Jean >>>>>>>>> carebear Jean. So let’s hope it shows during this event. This is the Jean I need/want.
    Why don't you stop trying to fractionalize and compartmentalize her as a character? She's both fiery and caring and always has been.

One of the many things I love about Jean, which has been a core character trait of hers since X-Men #1, is the following: If you disrespect her, she will kick your fucking ass AND be the one to love, bandage, and lift you up.

Last edited by Mercury; 05-23-2022 at 08:12 AM.

Do you think they are going to change anything in Jean's past? Or just new development further enhancing Jean going forward?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Why don't you stop trying to fractionalize and compartmentalize her as a character? She's both fiery and caring and always has been.

One of the many things I love about Jean, which has been a core character trait of hers since X-Men #1, is the following:
    1) If you disrespect her, she will kick your fucking ass
    2) AND be the one to love, bandage, and lift you up.

1) Oh yes indeed! Don't mess with Jean.

2) A fact only True Jean fans are aware. For example, Jean made sure to put Beast down on a soft sofa and to worry that he was alright and that she did not use too much force against him. Jean even says it aloud to get imput from others (Prof X).

Jean is one of a kind!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 05-23-2022 at 08:54 AM.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Do you think they are going to change anything in Jean's past? Or just new development further enhancing Jean going forward?
    I'm reticent to say. I think it's likely that her state of mind and motivations during the Krakoan era overall, including her decision to renounce the Marvel Girl garb and possibly moniker, are going to be clarified and brought into sharper focus. I also think her abilities as exhibited during her time displacement are going to be integrated into her current use of them. Also, as I suspected a week or more back, I think Gillen specifically is going to subject her to the judgment of the Celestials for reasons very well known to us all. This could serve as the catalyst and springboard for myriad changes and developments.

Really, the possibilities for Jean, as far as where the writers can and will take her, are endless.

1) Oh yes indeed! Don't mess with Jean.

2) A fact only True Jean fans are aware. For example, Jean made sure to put Beast down on a soft sofa and to worry that he was alright and that she did not use too much force against him. Jean even says it aloud to get imput from others (Prof X).

Jean is one of a kind!
    I swear, I love you. lol.

I'm reticent to say. I think it's likely that her state of mind and motivations during the Krakoan era overall, including her decision to renounce the Marvel Girl garb and possibly moniker, are going to be clarified and brought into sharper focus. I also think her abilities as exhibited during her time displacement are going to be integrated into her current use of them. Also, as I suspected a week or more back, I think Gillen specifically is going to subject her to the judgment of the Celestials for reasons very well known to us all. This could serve as the catalyst and springboard for myriad changes and developments.

Really, the possibilities for Jean, as far as where the writers can and will take her, are endless.
    Oh sorry, I did not mean to make you reveal anything you cannot. I was just curious!

Ah, that clarification of Jean's actions, thoughts, discarding MG guise, etc is what I was hoping to get.

I agree, much greatness can happen for Jean with the Celestials "judging" her. Didn't the Celestials once say they feared Jean and her future power?

I swear, I love you. lol.
    LOL, right back atcha'!

Oh sorry, I did not mean to make you reveal anything you cannot. I was just curious!
    Oh, don't worry! I only said I was reticent to say anything because 1) I haven't been given specifics, and, as I noted, 2) the possibilities are endless!

LOL, right back atcha'!

You definitely misread my post, lol. Kieron was comparing how Scott and Jean would respond to someone, who is not ready to lead a team, on the verge of making a big mistake. He was joking around, though. However, I find it telling that his instinct is to use an aggressively assertive voice for her.
    Interesting...though not quite the same scenario, it's giving me X-Factor #1 fiery frustration vibes, when she chewed Warren and Scott out for "giving up"