Page 260 of 473 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310360 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I read about that. People were cheering on Twitter, lol.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

He's finally gone! Guy played a big part in the Decimation/House of X business, big anti-Morrison era guy and he's a big anti-Jean guy. Good riddance!

On another note, the lady is on a ton of covers of AXE Body Spray. Hope her role is huge

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Wow that looks amazing. The tiara and shoulders looks just right( sleek and not too big) compared to the previous cover where it looked too bulky and like football shoulder pads. Also the lighter green is on point!

Too many other colorists cant seem to get that lighter yellow green right and use too may dark greens for her chest piece.
    I totally agree, I also love the metallic shimmer of the chest piece. Everything is absolutely done right in this image.

Quesada did a lot of good things during his tenure with Marvel. But for X-Men fans, he'll always be the guy who kept Jean Grey dead and depopulated mutants. So, I don't blame X-Men fans for cheering his departure.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Quesada did a lot of good things during his tenure with Marvel. But for X-Men fans, he'll always be the guy who kept Jean Grey dead and depopulated mutants. So, I don't blame X-Men fans for cheering his departure.
    Not just X-fans, he oversaw the destruction Bendis did with AvX and onwards with Guardians, civil war 2, Spider-man, Ultimatum, and a lot of other things

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    He's finally gone! Guy played a big part in the Decimation/House of X business, big anti-Morrison era guy and he's a big anti-Jean guy. Good riddance!

On another note, the lady is on a ton of covers of AXE Body Spray. Hope her role is huge
    He was more like an anti-married characters dude , What if Astonishing X-men made fun of him not resurrecting Jean in the main astonishing x-men is because Jean and Scott's marriage would be restored

The 2 main things Morrison did stuck for a while because they were loved by Quesada - the genocide and the other iconic marvel marriage destroyed-

Are we heading towards a climax of sorts—no pun intended—or resolution or perhaps deepening of the alluded to polyamory between Jean, Scott, Logan, and Emma? I have so many questions...

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Variant covers never tease what's going on in a book. And since Percy isn't writing this issue, there's a good chance Logan won't be involved with Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Like I said: horrible memory when it comes to details, unless I make a point to look into it. And I'd never bothered to pay attention at "when did Jean meet Peter?". I just vaguely remember that Spidey had met the X-Men before. But probably just one time.

I'm hopeless!
    I mean, I checked out those comics recently, that and I occasionally take a look at character appearances on wiki, I'm really bitchy about getting the details right, even if largely pointless details lol.

But that naming - I'm fairly sure - was a coincidence!
    "Annie May" is named after aunt Anna, whose name is Anna May (Slott confirmed at some point and said he regrets he didn't make it clear), so yeah, just a coincidence.

He's so messed up. So many people think he's boring, but he's actually an awesome character. Bless his heart. I love him.
    Thing about Cyke is that his personality seems to be more subtle I guess, he looks like the standarized boring leader, but there's more nonsense going on for him than you'd expect, at least, that's the impression I got after checking out some stuff about his character.

While I don't think I've thought of Jean as boring back when I didn't check out X-Men much, it's curious that she seems like someone who doesn't have exactly obvious personality traits too, wonder how many more X-Men are like this lol.

I'm not sure if a lot of changes will happen with him being out of the picture by the way, I think he got less control over stuff once he stopped being Editor-in-Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlioncomics View Post
    He was more like an anti-married characters dude , What if Astonishing X-men made fun of him not resurrecting Jean in the main astonishing x-men is because Jean and Scott's marriage would be restored
    Yeah, I hear he got Janet killed 'cause it made Pym "more interesting" or somethin' too.

Kind of a wonder F4 was untouched lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Are we heading towards a climax of sorts—no pun intended—or resolution or perhaps deepening of the alluded to polyamory between Jean, Scott, Logan, and Emma? I have so many questions...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FUM02jSX...png&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FUM2RpuW...pg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FUM2TEEX...pg&name=medium
    Didn't they just stop alluding to this after Duggan took over X-Men?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by CapCyke View Post
    Variant covers never tease what's going on in a book. And since Percy isn't writing this issue, there's a good chance Logan won't be involved with Jean.
    I happen to think the book is going to contain parallel scenes of Jean and Logan and Scott and Emma dancing together. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I'm really bitchy about getting the details right, even if largely pointless details lol.
    lol. I swear, you are too adorable to me.

While I don't think I've thought of Jean as boring back when I didn't check out X-Men much, it's curious that she seems like someone who doesn't have exactly obvious personality traits too, wonder how many more X-Men are like this lol.
    Actually, from her very first appearance, she had four somewhat consistent character traits: She was 1) assertive, 2) courageous, 3) romantic and 4) kind/empathic. Claremont noted this back in his 1982 interview for The X-Men Companion:

Didn't they just stop alluding to this after Duggan took over X-Men?
    I would say so. I mean, some would argue that Jean's appearances in X-Force and X Lives/X Deaths of Wolverine imply or show that she and Logan are in a romantic relationship, but I beg to differ. I think her appearances in those series and her appearance in Life of Wolverine depict her as having a tight, familial bond with Logan. They're very close friends who have shared< and perhaps still do, an attraction to one another, though I think Logan's attraction to Jean has always been stronger than hers to him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

The irony of "anti-Morrison era guy" and "anti-Jean guy" being use in the same sentence -- in and of itself seems to be the perfect oxymoron -- concidering what Morrison did to Jean Grey himself within the pages of NX-Men...
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-01-2022 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Thought amendment(s).

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Thing about Cyke is that his personality seems to be more subtle I guess, he looks like the standarized boring leader, but there's more nonsense going on for him than you'd expect, at least, that's the impression I got after checking out some stuff about his character.

Depends on what you call obvious character traits. Would you say those fit the bill?

- Scott is heroic (in the traditional sense), disciplined, intelligent, intentional, rational, deliberate, organised, protective, demanding (on himself more than anyone else), responsible, reliable, control freak, family-oriented, blunt etc…

- Jean is heroic (in the traditional sense), possessor of a delicate joie de vivre, intelligent, charming, friendly, passionate, emotional, affectionate, protective, forgiving, impulsive (at times), self-possessed (most of the times), family-oriented, cautious, charismatic etc…

I could go on and on with both of them, but what makes them strong characters aren't those adjectives, but the nuances of what makes them tick. Things that are not easy to put in one word. Both of them have wonderful contradictions that makes total sense when you consider their personalities and histories, for instance.

If you're into the MBTI, I think the types that fit them better (but one could make an argument for others) are INTJ for Scott and ENFJ for Jean. The fact that you can actually use a real world model of personality types for them shows their characterizations have been fairly consistent, actually.

Fantastic Member

The irony of "anti-Morrison era guy" and "anti-Jean guy" being use in the same sentence -- in and of itself seems to be the perfect oxymoron -- concidering what Morrison did to Jean Grey himself within the pages of NX-Men...
    SMH I myself will never understand it. GM, went at the Jean Grey character with like a frenzied back alley stabbing. I had never seen such slanted and bias character work. killed her off to clear the way for the ascendancy of his writers pet. SMH.

These were Jean's appearances in X-Men '92: House of XCII #2, which was great. I love this series.

lol. I swear, you are too adorable to me.
    If I had a dollar for every time you randomly complimented me, I'd have at least 5 dollars at this point lol.

Actually, from her very first appearance, she had four somewhat consistent character traits: She was 1) assertive, 2) courageous, 3) romantic and 4) kind/empathic. Claremont noted this back in his 1982 interview for The X-Men Companion:

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Depends on what you call obvious character traits. Would you say those fit the bill?

- Scott is heroic (in the traditional sense), disciplined, intelligent, intentional, rational, deliberate, organised, protective, demanding (on himself more than anyone else), responsible, reliable, control freak, family-oriented, blunt etc…

- Jean is heroic (in the traditional sense), possessor of a delicate joie de vivre, intelligent, charming, friendly, passionate, emotional, affectionate, protective, forgiving, impulsive (at times), self-possessed (most of the times), family-oriented, cautious, charismatic etc…

I could go on and on with both of them, but what makes them strong characters aren't those adjectives, but the nuances of what makes them tick. Things that are not easy to put in one word. Both of them have wonderful contradictions that makes total sense when you consider their personalities and histories, for instance.

If you're into the MBTI, I think the types that fit them better (but one could make an argument for others) are INTJ for Scott and ENFJ for Jean. The fact that you can actually use a real world model of personality types for them shows their characterizations have been fairly consistent, actually.
    Not saying their personalities are inconsistent or not there, it just doesn't feel obvious.

Like, compare with characters like Wolverine, Emma, Spidey, Batman, Deadpool, Superman, Savage Hulk, Johnny Storm, Ben Grimm, Doom, Punisher, and whoever else, characters like those it feels like you can get a grasp of what their personalities are like more easily, while others like Cyke and Jean, feels like it's not as obvious.

Not that I'm saying the characters I listed are easy to understand, since fans and writers have missed the point of who they are because they didn't quite understand how specific traits are used.

Or I dunno, maybe I'm an idiot making excuses why it took me a while to have an idea what Cyke's and Jean's personalities are like lol.

I would say so. I mean, some would argue that Jean's appearances in X-Force and X Lives/X Deaths of Wolverine imply or show that she and Logan are in a romantic relationship, but I beg to differ. I think her appearances in those series and her appearance in Life of Wolverine depict her as having a tight, familial bond with Logan. They're very close friends who have shared< and perhaps still do, an attraction to one another, though I think Logan's attraction to Jean has always been stronger than hers to him.
    I mean, they were together in that bathtub (or somethin' like that) touching each other in rather intimate ways in X-Force#10, and in X-Force#18, Jean mentions she likes his coffee breath and almost kissed him on the lips.

It's all but stated something's up between 'em with shit like that going on lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    SMH I myself will never understand it. GM, went at the Jean Grey character with like a frenzied back alley stabbing. I had never seen such slanted and bias character work. killed her off to clear the way for the ascendancy of his writers pet. SMH.
    From what I heard, Morrison had other plans for Jean but higher ups at Marvel wanted her dead, which I guess could explain her rather abrupt death (Not that it excuses how bad it was, 'cause while the "planetary stroke" is used as an excuse, it just looks like he touched Jean's shoulder and she died from that).

Is this a setting that is like the 90's cartoon but using current Krakoa shit?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then