Page 270 of 473 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320370 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's been a while since I've been so excited for an issue! I'm both happy and worried that it's envolving the Phoenix. With what the solicit says, it feels like a huge opportunity to "fix" some things, but I don't want to get any expectations.
    I'm a mixture of thrilled, scared, disoriented, ready, and praying!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Gonna temper my expectations, hope for the best, prepare for the worst...i just wish Jean had more memory of all the good things she's done as the White Phoenix. I'll be pleasantly surprised if Classic X-Men #43 or NXM #154 are referenced in positive ways and factored into this "judgment"

Also sounds like Gameworld will be "dealt with" quite definitively

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    This sh** will never be over.

Just kill me already.

how to see monitor size
    There is hope that all of the mess will be undone easily my dear friend
    Last edited by Warlioncomics; 06-09-2022 at 03:22 PM.

I come bearing more gifts, my loves:

She looks DIVINE.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Never mind.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-09-2022 at 04:21 PM.

Gillen is a marvelous writer. Also, Jean has been slowly rising from the murk Hickman placed her under, so we should be a little grateful for that.

EDIT: I’ll expound later, and to be clear, everyone is entitled to share their opinion, but it would be great if some of you would try to be a little hopeful and optimistic regarding the developments Jean is gradually undergoing. Unless, of course, this thread has simply become a place for you to bitch and complain about everything Jean-related.

I know the above sounds sharp and combative, but I don’t have the patience for this shit, especially today of all days. I’m sure I’ll apologize later.

I’m going for a run.
    Last edited by Mercury; 06-09-2022 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Fuck! 😭

Look at this masterpiece that's coming written by Gillen

(X Loves of Wolverine?? Oh my god they don't give up on this shit)

I am very excited about Jean's role in AXE: Judgement Day. This latest solit is very exciting. I've long wanted them to be more explicit about Jean's relationship to the Phoenix - I was hoping for that during the Jean Grey solo and Phoenix Resurrection. The Jean solo had some good moments like the Phoenix saying Jean's influence over it was unmatched and she was the perfect vessel/host or whatever but it didn't go far enough to explain the "intricate relationship". I am hopeful for good things even if it may not go in the direction I want. I would love for them to show that cavewoman Phoenix is Jean's ancestor or to show that Jean has a connection to the Phoenix by way of her omega telepathy (that maybe when Jean's powers expand to a certain level she automatically plugs into the Phoenix consciousness [I have a lot of ideas lol]. I could keep going.

I know some fans get triggered when it comes to the Phoenix and I understand it after all the dumb stuff Marvel has done to the Phoenix. I even understand the fear of Jean being Phoenix because she tends to die. But we don't know if she will get the power or codename back. We just know there is going to be some more exploration about Jean and her relationship to the Phoenix.

I just hope this lands with how close Jean/Phoenix are and not the "It wasn't me. It was never me. I wasn't apart of it" bs. The retcon was essentially undone via Claremont in the back up stories as well as Inferno but even that got ignored much of the time. Morrison fixed it again but yet also sort of undone. The back and forth can be exhausting.

I just want some good Jean content and I hope we see her in a lot of action. I also expect to see her in a major leadership role. It is so exciting for Jean to be a central character in a big crossover and to know we'll be getting a Jean focused issue.

BANNED

Best to minimalize expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    We had expectations with Hickman who did nothing, with Duggan (10 issues) and now Gillen... Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    To be fair, I already do. Have ever since IvX. Helps me look at the comics at face value rather than what I wanted to see.

And as for @mercury and @omega, sorry. Been a bit busy. Will get back to the discussion later. It was very stimulating yesterday to think about how the characters contrast with each other.

Happening now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Gillen is a marvelous writer. Also, Jean has been slowly rising from the murk Hickman placed her under, so we should be a little grateful for that.

EDIT: I’ll expound later, and to be clear, everyone is entitled to share their opinion, but it would be great if some of you would try to be a little hopeful and optimistic regarding the developments Jean is gradually undergoing. Unless, of course, this thread has simply become a place for you to bitch and complain about everything Jean-related.

I know the above sounds sharp and combative, but I don’t have the patience for this shit, especially today of all days. I’m sure I’ll apologize later.

I’m going for a run.
    Now, you know I am optimistic regarding our Jeannie, lol! I love the covers and hope we get some good Jean Grey action in the pages.

I believe long ago the Celestials once were stated to be afraid of Jean and how powerful she would one day become, so this would be a perfect story to explore it!

It would also be interesting to see fight/team up with Sersi the eternal with TP and TK abilities.

Also.......Jean yanking the PF out of Echo, hahahahahhaha!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    And as for @mercury and @omega, sorry. Been a bit busy. Will get back to the discussion later. It was very stimulating yesterday to think about how the characters contrast with each other.
    Agreed ��...and no problem, I can completely relate