Page 272 of 473 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322372 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hi! I missed you too! I will be in and out!

I agree, Jean will not be turning into The Phoenix as she once did....

But I do believe it will be great!!
    Yes, it will be!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Yes, it will be!
    When does it come out?

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    When does it come out?
    October. We have a wait.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I dont come on here too much anymore bc I got a new job but I love hearing and seeing that Jean will be getting much focus in the coming months

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont come on here too much anymore bc I got a new job but I love hearing and seeing that Jean will be getting much focus in the coming months
    Congrats on the new job (!) and I'm happy that you're happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Congrats on the new job (!) and I'm happy that you're happy.
    Thanks! I am

Glad Jean has a story centered around her, plus written by Gillen, which is a guarantee of quality.

I just wish it was about something other than her relationship with the Phoenix. But hey, if it helps to clarify some questions or even put an end to the Jean-Phoenix bond (for now), that's cool.

Phoenix without Jean is like Jean without red hair. (Or Storm without white hair)

If you love the character of Jean, then you love every aspect that makes her Jean, and the Phoenix is the most significant of that.

Whatever their relationship is, it is a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Congrats on the new job. I post a lot less because of my expanded work responsibilities as well. But I do enjoy coming on here and a couple other forums to geek out from time to time.

I know we can be a jaded group at times, but I hope we can all allow ourselves to be excited about this often frustrating hobby we all enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    Phoenix without Jean is like Jean without red hair. (Or Storm without white hair)

If you love the character of Jean, then you love every aspect that makes her Jean, and the Phoenix is the most significant of that.

Phoenix or not, I love her the same. It's just that the phoenix stuff bores me, especially when you see his treatment for the past few years.

And please don't tell me how I must like a character. I don't think you need to like every aspect of a character to be a fan, but I would never try to impose my opinion on anyone, so don't.

BANNED

Enough of this Phoenix cosmic powers business! What is she, some kind of superhero? Jean should be focused on raising babies!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I love Jean...I hate that she's forever tied to that flaming fowl even when she herself in the comic book doesn't want to be. HATE IT!!!

As for Gillen's one-shot...Jean has moved on and moved past the DPS era bringing it back up again now is so pointless and irrelevant since Jean herself is no longer physically tied to it. Boo! Gillen! BOOOO!!!!
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-10-2022 at 10:41 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The Eternal Internal Conflicts Within The Fandom of the Sparkling and Infinitely Powerful Mind:
    In A Nutshell

Phoenix without Jean is like Jean without red hair. (Or Storm without white hair) If you love the character of Jean, then you love every aspect that makes her Jean, and the Phoenix is the most significant of that. Whatever their relationship is, it is a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I love Jean...I hate that she's forever tied to that flaming fowl even when she herself in the comic book doesn't want to be. HATE IT!!!
    Last edited by Mercury; 06-10-2022 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CapCyke View Post
    Phoenix or not, I love her the same. It's just that the phoenix stuff bores me, especially when you see his treatment for the past few years.

And please don't tell me how I must like a character. I don't think you need to like every aspect of a character to be a fan, but I would never try to impose my opinion on anyone, so don't.
    Obviously this goes both ways. In the fandom there has been some shaming of those of us that love Jean as Phoenix. Like we get accused of just loving the Phoenix and not Jean etc. For myself I love Jean either way -I just want them to honor the Phoenix connection and not make it something she denies or make it this abusive cosmic trickster/manipulator.

I hope Gillen tackles this with nuance and an understanding of both the Claremont and Morrison version of the Jean/Phoenix connection.

Phoenix is a major element central to Jean’s character as are her ever growing psionic powers and her relationships. None completely define her but they are important components.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I would argue that the Phoenix was an important component (not even a major element as Jean was powerful before and after the Phoenix). It no longer is and hasn't been for quite some time.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-10-2022 at 10:42 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!