Page 286 of 473 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336386 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 7090
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanspryde View Post
    Jean becomes pure psionic energy when she’s in her psi form so it would be very hard for somebody like Laura to harm her
    Has this been explicitly said in the comics?

If what I've just been told is true, I will be pleased.

This issue needs to f'ing drop already!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Just a little dance with Jeanie.

Attachment 122012
    You are too cute, J. This is lovely!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    She's presumably burned away alot more worlds that didn't work than two. But that's only if stuff mentioned about Jean and Phoenix from the Morrison run is still canon, which it basically isn't.
    She never specifically mentions that “she burned another world”, she said “it burns worlds and eats stars”. In essence, she is explaining the role of the Phoenix.

The only way I can think of Jean burning more than one world prior to A.X.E is if there were more planets in the D’Bari star system. As such, considering how much of a hissy fit everyone in the universe made over an entire planet being destroyed, I would be certain they would have mentioned more than just the D’Bari being destroyed. That’s just my two cents though.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Which title and issue shows Jean remembering parts of here comes tomorrow?
    Phoenix endsong. Jean mentions wiping away obsolescence over and over again. And here I come tomorrow.

Jean becomes pure psionic energy when she’s in her psi form so it would be very hard for somebody like Laura to harm her
    This has not been explicitly stated in comic. All that was ever confirmed is that Jean draws psionic energy telepathically to amp her tk. As such, Teen Jean never explicitly states that her body changes in any way when it happens. The only time she ever was pure psionic energy was when her body was destroyed in Venomized, in which she had to tear apart her current body and build a new one from leftover, untainted material (uncertain if she is even human still considering the Poison changed her bodily structure) and it required a huge ton of energy that she had readily accessible from a psychic hive mind. Meaning she couldn’t do that under normal circumstances without a well of psychic energy that she couldn’t produce naturally at a young age.

Needless to say, if Teen Jean did turn into pure psionic energy, she would in essence be destroying and recreating her body every time she transforms, which is not something Jean ever explained about her power. Given that:

1) Jean was a novice in her power, it’s unlikely she managed to learn how to change her molecular/atomic structure into pure psionic energy.

2) Jean has shown difficulty in molecular tk before. If Jean were so proficient at transmuting her entire body into psychic energy, she would not be having such a hard time in a simple task like creating an air space for the X-Men to breathe in with the necessary air pressure

It is very unlikely Teen Jean becomes pure psionic energy when using her pink form. It’s more likely that she just encases herself in so much telekinetic energy that she appears as if she were a psionic being. But that psionic she’ll still holds her body inside, which is not uncommon for psi’s and would be really simple to perform for Jean in her teen years.

Last edited by PyroFN; 06-20-2022 at 03:40 PM.

Agree, PyroFN. I do want to point out though, that the space feat above came some years before she was able to telekinetically reconstruct her body in Venomized, so it can be argued that she had honed her telekinetic abilities. In either case, what has been established multiple times about Jean is that she can live as an entity of pure thought, even after the death and/or destruction of her body.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Agree, PyroFN. I do want to point out though, that the space feat above came some years before she was able to telekinetically reconstruct her body in Venomized, so it can be argued that she had honed her telekinetic abilities. In either case, what has been established multiple times about Jean is that she can live as an entity of pure thought, even after the death and/or destruction of her body.
    This. And rebuilding her body from scratch requires atomic/molecular level tk so it’s not like she doesnt know how to do it since she’s done it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    This. And rebuilding her body from scratch requires atomic/molecular level tk so it’s not like she doesnt know how to do it since she’s done it before.
    She can certainly atomize living beings, though that's more a sign of sheer power than technical prowess, methinks.

The Red Dragon

She can certainly atomize living beings, though that's more a sign of sheer power than technical prowess, methinks.

I think it’s both. Molecular/atomic level tk requires a certain level of skill and finesse as well as power. For example when Psylocke had Jean’s tk she couldnt even pick up something as small as a coin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    She never specifically mentions that “she burned another world”, she said “it burns worlds and eats stars”. In essence, she is explaining the role of the Phoenix.

The only way I can think of Jean burning more than one world prior to A.X.E is if there were more planets in the D’Bari star system. As such, considering how much of a hissy fit everyone in the universe made over an entire planet being destroyed, I would be certain they would have mentioned more than just the D’Bari being destroyed. That’s just my two cents though.
    Presumably, as WPotC she was doing Phoenix Work i.e. what happened to the bug people during HCT happened to a lot of worlds. But again, AvX and current continuity which flows from AvX don't acknowledge Jean and the Phoenix ever being merged. So as far as current continuity is concerned she probably hasn't burned away any worlds as merging into WPotC, for all intents and purposes today, was never a thing.

Also, I think I am putting Gillen on my "just leave the Phoenix alone" list.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 06-20-2022 at 04:03 PM.

I think it’s both. Molecular/atomic level tk requires a certain level of skill and finesse as well as power. For example when Psylocke had Jean’s tk she couldnt even pick up something as small as a coin.
    Well, atomizing definitely requires telekinetic strength, which is presumably gradually built. But, I'm not sure it requires technical prowess unless the telekinetic is manipulating the particles, molecules, and/or atoms themselves.

The Red Dragon

Well, atomizing definitely requires telekinetic strength, which is presumably gradually built. But, I'm not sure it requires technical prowess unless the telekinetic is manipulating the particles, molecules, and/or atoms themselves.
    Oh is she not? I figured to leave no trace of something behind she would have to work on a molecular or atomic level. Basically destroy the essence of what something is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Has this been explicitly said in the comics?
    While I'm inclined to agree with you -- we Jean aficionados are still waiting for "Adult Jean" to get angry enough and remember that she can go "Pink Power" mutant -- like she did when she was a teenager on the entire Imperial Guard

Oh is she not? I figured to leave no trace of something behind she would have to work on a molecular or atomic level. Basically destroy the essence of what something is.
    You bring up a good point. However, I imagined she would use her power in a much simpler fashion, perhaps overly simplistic for some. Basically, due to extensive training, she already knows how much force it takes to atomize something, be it a living being or a structure, and so she just applies the requisite force.

EDIT: However, your theory is a good one and totally possible, too.