Page 292 of 473 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302342392 ... LastLast
Results 4,366 to 4,380 of 7090

Delicious.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

This definition of Omega is unofficial. It's more of a fan thing, I mean in the sense that she explained her telekinesis and what she's capable of but there's no explanation of what Omega telekinesis is (At least I didn't see) , and I imagine it's going to be with Exodus.

I don't think it is necessary for her to be classified to demonstrate that she is extremely strong, which she has always been!

I love that Rogue says, "Two Omegas are better than one," before proceeding to use Jean's telekinesis, for which "No object is too big or heavy to lift, nor too small to grasp." Delicious.

I really loved Jean and Rogue's exchanges in this issue.

I was reminded of their team-up back in X-Men Unlimited #31:

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I love that Rogue says, "Two Omegas are better than one," before proceeding to use Jean's telekinesis, for which "No object is too big or heavy to lift, nor too small to grasp." Delicious.

Not only that, Jean says "You just have to feel it"...which i hope means the return of actually using her "telekinetic sensitivity"

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Not only that, Jean says "You just have to feel it"...which i hope means the return of actually using her "telekinetic sensitivity"
    Oh, she still has that.

Also, I thanked Duggan privately for "subtly and cleverly reestablishing her Omega Level Telekinesis" and he liked the message. Months ago, I had sent him all of the panels I could find in which Jean was established as Omega Level in both her power classifications.

Oh, she still has that.

Also, I thanked Duggan privately for "subtly and cleverly reestablishing her Omega Level Telekinesis" and he liked the message. Months ago, I had sent him all of the panels I could find in which Jean was established as Omega Level in both her power classifications.
    So, I was correct in seeing the subtle nod on her Gala speech. I figured there was always the possibility he wrote as if to tack on just simply telekinesis after her Omega Telepathy in the speech, but the way the sentence flowed made it sound like she meant Omega in both powers. It was too vague for me to call out back then. Seeing it again in this issue and your comments means my eyes weren’t playing tricks on me.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    So, I was correct in seeing the subtle nod on her Gala speech. I figured there was always the possibility he wrote as if to tack on just simply telekinesis after her Omega Telepathy in the speech, but the way the sentence flowed made it sound like she meant Omega in both powers. It was too vague for me to call out back then. Seeing it again in this issue and your comments means my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.
    I interpreted her Gala speech in the same way. Also, I don't think Duggan would have liked my comment unless he intended to agree with and confirm my assertion. There is also still the question of whether the resurrection protocols increase the powers of mutants who undergo them, making them Omega Level Mutants or unlocking their latent Omege Level potential, as Cecilia Reyes implied regarding Synch.

EDIT: Conceivably, the powers that be could simply say Jean's Omega Level Telekinesis as previously established was blocked for one reason or another.
    Last edited by Mercury; 06-22-2022 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    This definition of Omega is unofficial. It's more of a fan thing, I mean in the sense that she explained her telekinesis and what she's capable of but there's no explanation of what Omega telekinesis is (At least I didn't see) , and I imagine it's going to be with Exodus.

I don't think it is necessary for her to be classified to demonstrate that she is extremely strong, which she has always been!
    That ambiguity leaves a lot of room for interpretation and imagination.

Exodus thus far with Omega Level Tk has done all of nothing with it aside a way too vague feat in Planet-Sized that writers still aren’t certain the science of even is. If we were to go back to evidence of Exodus powers in tk, it amounts to almost crushing an entire city, destroying Asteroid M as a casualty of a fight with Holocaust (now called Nemesis), doing brain surgery at the sub-atomic level on Xavier’s brain, and different feats scaled to around classic Magneto’s level of power.

Taking into account other Omega’s in TK before the retcon, Cable in his savior form casually keeps the city of Providence afloat while doing multiple other feats telepathically and telekinetically, such as destroying 247 missiles and funneling the energy out of the atmosphere, restraining Scott’s optic blast, fights the Silver Surfer (though he begins losing his grip on Providence, and molecular/sub-atomic telekinesis.

Nate Grey is much of the same. Destroys a city in his sleep (with coaxing from Red Queen), splitting the ocean near Muir Island, separating a virus from the waters of alternate universe Niagara Falls while directing the waters, catches the foot of a giant monster and isolated the gravitational pull of the Earth to send it into space, sub-atomic/molecular tk to phase through buildings, creates a thunderstorm, and fights a guardian of the M’Kraan Crystal, Modt. (Granted, though Nate wasn’t confirmed an Omega until around the Dark Reign era, he was always portrayed as the most powerful mutant psi to walk the planet throughout the 90’s. So, it’s applicable to him in regards to potential and showings)

Rachel has created a mini-black hole by crushing the molecules surrounding a device (with help), fought on par with Thor, ko’d Terrax the Tamer, ko’d Death Cloak (who is strong enough to overpower Gladiator), molecular tk to either blow off someone’s head or change her molecular structure, and has slowed the fall of Providence when Cable began losing his grip.

Jean in comparison to all of these has blocked an attack from the Stranger (a cosmic entity), held back a team of Avengers that had both Hercules and Namor on the team, has thrown a growing Peak Space Station out into space for Magneto to catch (it is bigger than the original Peak in comparison at its full-size), has matched Lifeseed Nate Grey merged with Legion in telekinesis (albeit while the man was doing other things simultaneously like controlling his Horsemen and defending against other X-Men), went toe-to-toe with the Phoenix Force as a teen, molecular level Tk to control the air for a variety of ways, and doing those psychic phenomena on different parts of the planet (assuming parts of it were both her telepathy and tk and not just telepathy).

That is basically the scope of what has been done with characters with Omega Level TK, so far. The possibilities are literally as endless as the power that term “Omega Level Tk” implies.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Jean in comparison to all of these has blocked an attack from the Stranger (a cosmic entity), held back a team of Avengers that had both Hercules and Namor on the team, has thrown a growing Peak Space Station out into space for Magneto to catch (it is bigger than the original Peak in comparison at its full-size), has matched Lifeseed Nate Grey merged with Legion in telekinesis (albeit while the man was doing other things simultaneously like controlling his Horsemen and defending against other X-Men), went toe-to-toe with the Phoenix Force as a teen, molecular level Tk to control the air for a variety of ways, and doing those psychic phenomena on different parts of the planet (assuming parts of it were both her telepathy and tk and not just telepathy).
    She's also reconstructed her body, seemingly from thin air (Venomized #5).

Also, these possible futures were shown in Immortal X-Men #3. Jean is blocking Thena the Celestial in one—this is obviously Judgment Day—and standing on one side of Sinister in the other, which is seemingly referred to as "The Empire of the Red Diamond."

Some people think this is Dark Phoenix, but I'm not so sure. At first glance, this character looks to be sporting a Phoenix emblem, but after looking at it closely, it seems off and could be a color of some sort.

Delicious.

I really loved Jean and Rogue's exchanges in this issue.

I was reminded of their team-up back in X-Men Unlimited #31:

Oh yeah! Let the good times roll, lol!

Jean this good was worth the wait!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

All-New Member

She's also reconstructed her body, seemingly from thin air (Venomized #5).
    This has twice with teen Jean. I feel like even though Echo is flying around with the force for now, that it is only temp or potentially only a piece of it that she is combined with. There is no way for the force to be completely unassociated from Jean even though adult Jean removed it in Resurrections when she said goodbye to it. Jean Grey 11 and Endsong makes me think this. In Endsong there was the panel where Jean was telling the force that they had to return to the White Hot Room and once they gathered all their pieces they would understand because they are one. Then in Jean Grey 11 teen Jean (while battling the phoenix) realized that they were in the white hot room and that she was in control of it. She then went on to realize that even without the phoenix she could resurrect herself & rebuilt her body from the ashes leftover after the phoenix had killed her. These two things make me think that Jean and the force are never truly separate.

The art was so good in this issue and Im glad Larraz was able to draw it. Jean was awesome!

Fantastic Member

Hmmm…jean wanted to be an x-man until she saved more people than the phoenix killed. As per Rogue, they saved trillions compared to the 2 billion. Is this hinting on Jean’s departure? But ‘more’ can be through infinity.

Have not read the issue, i hope this Team-up
    With Rogue is not what Duggan was rederribg to as ‘jean crushing’ it, coz that will be underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    Hmmm…jean wanted to be an x-man until she saved more people than the phoenix killed. As per Rogue, they saved trillions compared to the 2 billion. Is this hinting on Jean’s departure? But ‘more’ can be through infinity.

Have not read the issue, i hope this Team-up
    With Rogue is not what Duggan was rederribg to as ‘jean crushing’ it, coz that will be underwhelming.
    She stays, she confirms it towards the end of the issue