Page 311 of 473 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321361411 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I haven’t read the issue yet, but I have no problem with Xavier being more powerful than Jean. He is a very experienced telepath with a lot of raw power. Jean being omega just means that her potential is unlimited. It doesn’t mean that she is tapping into this unlimited potential today. Her current power level is probably below Xavier’s, but her potential is to be much more powerful than him. (And in my personal headcanon her potential is to one day become the actual Phoenix force, and not just its host.)

But calling Forge an omega seems weird, especially since the data page with the omega list specifically said that he wasn’t an omega (if I remember correctly).
    Naw, not at all. Sorry, I have to disagree.

Jean has tapped into her unlimitedness and is indeed Omega in every sense. Jean is well above Xavier and Jean is very experienced herself, knowing what Xavier knows plus all of the things she taught herself.

Storm was wrong.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I imagine Storm said that in relation to the environment they were in. A way to show how strong he is. Besides, storm is not someone who defines who is the strongest telepath. Sometimes people take it too literally. Some character might say that Emma or Quentin is the most powerful character. Storm says Xavier is the greatest telepath, then Xavier always says Jean is the strongest telepath. Take easy

The Red Dragon

I haven’t read the issue yet, but I have no problem with Xavier being more powerful than Jean. He is a very experienced telepath with a lot of raw power. Jean being omega just means that her potential is unlimited. It doesn’t mean that she is tapping into this unlimited potential today. Her current power level is probably below Xavier’s, but her potential is to be much more powerful than him. (And in my personal headcanon her potential is to one day become the actual Phoenix force, and not just its host.)

But calling Forge an omega seems weird, especially since the data page with the omega list specifically said that he wasn’t an omega (if I remember correctly).
    The Marvel written bio for Jean on the dauterman trading card already stated Jean surpassed Xavier though.

BANNED

I am not sure what the most powerful telepath even means. Pretty much all the gods and powerful sorcerers have telepathic powers, as well as omega mutants.

All the Eternals have telepathic powers, and most can easily kill Charles because they are more than powerful enough to defend against his psychic attacks while he can't defend against their PHYSICAL attacks.

I mean Moondragon has blasted Charles into a coma with just a psychic attack. Emma wormed her way through his mind. Mastermind once put Charles in a coma. Nate Grey once pulled his astral body off the astral plane. He has lost to the Shadow King before. Even in purely psychic matters, he is not all powerful.

Storm of course can't go into all that because she was basically trash talking to the Galactic COUNCIL. That they think that Xavier and perhaps Xandra (she just got resurrected) are the most powerful telepaths is more important than if it is really true or not. It completely would have made no sense for Storm to declare Jean the most powerful telepath, because even if it is true there is the context of the situation.

Oh, and as far as fandoms go, it's not always about your favorite character. Get over it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I am not sure what the most powerful telepath even means. Pretty much all the gods and powerful sorcerers have telepathic powers, as well as omega mutants.

All the Eternals have telepathic powers, and most can easily kill Charles because they are more than powerful enough to defend against his psychic attacks while he can't defend against their PHYSICAL attacks.

I mean Moondragon has blasted Charles into a coma with just a psychic attack. Emma wormed her way through his mind. Mastermind once put Charles in a coma. Nate Grey once pulled his astral body off the astral plane. He has lost to the Shadow King before. Even in purely psychic matters, he is not all powerful.

Storm of course can't go into all that because she was basically trash talking to the Galactic COUNCIL. That they think that Xavier and perhaps Xandra (she just got resurrected) are the most powerful telepaths is more important than if it is really true or not. It completely would have made no sense for Storm to declare Jean the most powerful telepath, because even if it is true there is the context of the situation.

Oh, and as far as fandoms go, it's not always about your favorite character. Get over it. LOL
    The only point I can perhaps see is that storm did not want to bring Jean up to the Galactic Council as to remind them of Jean and then have them go after Jean (Phoenix) once more.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    The only point I can perhaps see is that storm did not want to bring Jean up to the Galactic Council as to remind them of Jean and then have them go after Jean (Phoenix) once more.
    That's another good point. But this matter was her explaining how Krakoa knew, so she brought up Xandra's father. Mentioning Jean would have been out of place, though Jean likely sensed it as well. And why through gasoline on a fire by mentioning Jean?

I think it's weird to say he's better than Jean since I've seen it being posted around here different situations where Xavier looked at a telepathic feat Jean did and his reaction is basically "what the ****", and those seemed to happen with enough frequency to safely put her above him.

As for X-Men Red#4 vol 2, even if this was a screwup by Ewing, in-universe it's fine, Storm is boasting about how awesome of a telepath Xavier is to other people to explain why Xandra is coming back whether they like it or not.

I guess it could be worded in a way like "Xavier did all of this and he's not even our strongest telepath", but, it could feel odd to word it like that since it's an Xavier moment.

Yep, he's even used as an example to explain how a mutant isn't an Omega:

(HoX#1).
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

I saw a post where it shows a cover of Xavier and Cerebro vs the Eternal Uni-Mind. I was kinda hoping that Jean would go up against the Uni-Mind.

BANNED

I saw a post where it shows a cover of Xavier and Cerebro vs the Eternal Uni-Mind. I was kinda hoping that Jean would go up against the Uni-Mind.
    Where is the post?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Jean had a noted guest appearance in the issue but...that scene had absolutely nothing to do with her and everything to do with Xavier and the connection with his daughter Xandra and the resurrection protocols. For anyone reading that and inferring shade is being thrown on Jean is reaching and not reading.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Where is the post?
    In the "Upcoming X-book art teases".

Does anyone here read x-force, Quentin tk was green lantern level this issue also something eventful happens….
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Does anyone here read x-force, Quentin tk was green lantern level this issue also something eventful happens….
    I stopped reading X-Force because Jean left and finally stopped coming back lol

BANNED

In the "Upcoming X-book art teases".
    Exodus is there with Xavier, and two female telepaths but I can't tell who they are. That makes sense. There is no way Chuck could take on the Uni Mind alone.

Wasnt expecting to see Hope and Jean in the same panels but loved this