Page 321 of 473 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331371421 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 7090

The X-Men saving Krakoa and not the Council, would give them a large new power base in the mutant public...

Love seeing Jean approaching the Kaiju thingy. Hope mutants remember team work and mutant technology though. Why is she alone?

Marxist Queen & Anti-Reproductive Futurity Phoenix goddess!

I'm here for all of it!!!

Also hope for a little costume update. She looks more and more like a frog...depending on the artist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    The X-Men saving Krakoa and not the Council, would give them a large new power base in the mutant public...

Love seeing Jean approaching the Kaiju thingy. Hope mutants remember team work and mutant technology though. Why is she alone?
    The XMen would never let their council die.

BANNED

Jean’s pink form is back. Jean vs Eternals.

And this is likely why Duggar had Jean defeat Nightmare. To show she is an omega mutant and a cosmic threat even when not Phoenix. Her saving more lives than on
    D’Bari played immediate consequences on Judgement Day, as she has a huge role here. We should not curtail discussions here because of the fears of some people.

All of this bodes well to her Phoenix one shot and her becoming Phoenix again.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Like a moth to a flame...

I did say I'd pop in to share relevant news. (I haven't read any posts since my last post, so forgive me if I don't respond. I still love you all, you little minions.)

AIPT X-Men Monday previews:

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/07/04/x-...uggan-x-men-1/

Why is Jean the only omega who has to be shown struggling or sweating to do stuff? Everyone else does stuff effortlessly and I can already hear the top preview panel “ughh Scott i dont know how long I can do this for…” the constant undermining of her is exhausting.

You never seen these sort of depictions with Magneto, Storm, Iceman, hell even Kid Omega.

It also doesnt bode well that the writer with seemingly the most stuff in store for her isnt even the writer she is stuck with…
    Last edited by Tank; 07-04-2022 at 10:02 AM.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    When it comes to weird ideas, I think the run will be remembered well.

Hickman's execution was always hit and miss for me, but the stuff he did with Krakoa, the teleporting flowers, medicines and whatnot, those are cool.

Characterization? Cyke had his moments I guess, Mystique and Emma were favorites to the point everyone else becomes dumber for their plans to work, Xavier... Not sure how many like or care about the way he's acting, Destiny, I think the way he wrote her is cool, but dunno if it's impactful.

Moira is probably more of a case of those liking what her powers mean than what they did with her character, specially after Inferno.

Not that I'm saying that Moira's sudden change of characterization is disliked, since plenty of people here defend her, but I got the impression the power is liked more than her change of personality, and the personality side may be less liked after Inferno.

It's also worth keeping in mind that after a while, runs are remembered more for what's impactful, positive or negative, than whatever random flaws, after all, final chapters of Morrison's run are pretty divisive, but their run is pretty fondly remembered anyways, Hickman will benefit from this too just for Krakoa alone, but I agree that it probably won't be on Morrison's level, much less Claremont's.

By the way, what picture is your avatar from? I'm pretty sure it was posted here but that was probably too many pages ago lol.

Wanting Jean out of the picture to make it more dramatic is an odd decision to be fair, having more heroic people on the Quiet Council, specially a good telepath, could potentially have the more villainous members try to be sneakier to not be found by her, which can make it more exciting to keep track off.

The way Quiet Council was like after a while is basically, everyone has secrets, they're aware of some of 'em, even some nastier ones, but do nothing unless it's something real bad (Like Sinister trying to clone Tarn), meh... If the good members could be an actual threat for the morally grey/villainous ones, it could be more exciting since it could make everything more unpredictable, if the threat of the more villainous ones being found out could have actual consequences, or having the more heroic members to investigate and find out how much nonsense is going on.

I'm so done with time skips being used to have a bunch of nonsense happen offscreen without letting us actually see it lol.

For whatever reason Hickman is fond of this, he did that during Secret Wars too.
    Time skips are a lazy writers way of getting to where they want without having to write it out imo.

My avatar is by Lukas Werneck fromAXE #3.
    I agree with your posts.
    Last edited by Tank; 07-04-2022 at 10:01 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Why is Jean the only omega who has to be shown struggling or sweating to do stuff? Everyone else does stuff effortlessly and I can already hear the top preview panel “ughh Scott i dont know how long I can do this for…”
    You never seen these sort of depictions with Magneto, Storm, Iceman, hell even Kid Omega.
    It also doesnt bode well that the writer with seemingly the most stuff in store for her isnt even the writer she is stuck with…
    It is not shown here. And after while it becomes repetitive whining.

I’m not trying to sound mean, but when deliberately lye bust to control the narrative on
    The message boards. Come on!

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    It is not shown here. And after while it becomes repetitive whining.

I’m not trying to sound mean, but when deliberately lye bust to control the narrative on
    The message boards. Come on!

I see her sweating right there? If you think that it looks like she’s having an easy time, I dont know what say. And if you dont like my analysis of these panels, feel free to not respond? No one is forcing you to read or respond on a forum.

Show me where any of the other omegas have been shown recently to struggle to do something. With Jean it’s like her trademark

And what am I lying about? It’s my interpretation of that panel given her penchant for being undermined.

Some of ya’ll need to learn it’s ok to criticize things about your favorite character. There is being too pessimistic, but there is also such a thing as being too optimistic and ignoring bad depictions or accepting them as ok.
    Last edited by Tank; 07-04-2022 at 10:11 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That C. F. Villa art looks so good.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-04-2022 at 10:21 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

I see her sweating right there? If you think that it looks like she’s having an easy time, I dont know what say. And if you dont like my analysis of these panels, feel free to not respond? No one is forcing you to read or respond on a forum.

Show me where any of the other omegas have been shown recently to struggle to do something. With Jean it’s like her trademark
    This is when fans truly become unreasonable. Jean is going up against the Eternals. That’s a very hard feet.

I saw Magneto and Cavier struggle to kill Nimrod. They failed. He killed them

I saw Rictor struggle to conjure up a magical staff. I saw all of the Omegas struggling against Selene’s Kaiju.

I’ve seen gods like Thor and Hercules sweat when really having a nasty fight.

Oh, Magneto struggled when the XMen captured him after they thought he killed Wanda.

I don’t care how anyone feels about any character or story but the least people could do is tell the truth and have an honest discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That CV art looks so good.
    Do writers define narrative from the air?

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    This is when fans truly become unreasonable. Jean is going up against the Eternals. That’s a very hard feet.

I saw Magneto and Cavier struggle to kill Nimrod. They failed. He killed them

I saw Rictor struggle to conjure up a magical staff. I saw all of the Omegas struggling against Selene’s Kaiju.

I’ve seen gods like Thor and Hercules sweat when really having a nasty fight.

Oh, Magneto struggled when the XMen captured him after they thought he killed Wanda.

I don’t care how anyone feels about any character or story but the least people could do is tell the truth and have an honest discussion.
    Do you understand what conjecture is? Im not saying my interpretation is absolute truth. But given the undermining Jean’s character often goes thru with statments like I cant do this for long or i dont know if I can do x or y whenever she has to do something, this panel of her sweating and what looks like struggling fits with this. Most of the other omegas just to do their stuff without this undertone of weakness and being unsure of oneself.

That’s what it looks like to me from this panel. If you dont see it fine, move on. Stop trying to censor people on a discussion board jeeze.

BANNED

Do we know who this artist is?

And what am I lying about? It’s my interpretation of that panel given her penchant for being undermined.

Some of ya’ll need to learn it’s ok to criticize things about your favorite character. There is being too pessimistic, but there is also such a thing as being too optimistic and ignoring bad depictions or accepting them as ok.
    The danged cartoon smh

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Do we know who this artist is?

The danged cartoon smh
    Right? It damaged her more than we know.

I feel like writers sometimes may not even realize they are doing it which is the sad part. And some Jean fans just kinda roll with it. Hopefully that’s not the case here, but this is the same writer that had her say something similar in Planet sized.

Artist is CF Villa. Im not sure I like how he draws the new costume either or the colors chosen by the colorist. When the 2 greens arent the right shade it just looks…off. Another big design flaw to Russel Dauterman’s design aside from that weird belly area.
    Last edited by Tank; 07-04-2022 at 10:24 AM.

Do you understand what conjecture is? Im not saying my interpretation is absolute truth. But given the undermining Jean’s character often goes thru with statments like I cant do this for long or i dont know if I can do x or y whenever she has to do something, this panel of her sweating and what looks like struggling fits with this. Most of the other omegas just to do their stuff without this undertone of weakness and being unsure of oneself.

That’s what it looks like to me from this panel. If you dont see it fine, move on. Stop trying to censor people on a discussion board jeeze.
    I get where you are coming from. I agree. It happens a lot with her. I think it is a combination of gender bias and her psychic abilities. It is somehow a cliché that people with mental abilities collapse and loose their conciousness. It happens all the time in pop culture. But when it come to Jean I guess it has also a lot to do with gender bias.