Page 337 of 473 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387437 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 7090

Loved this Hellfire Gala design that David Hughes made. She has a trail made of cosmic fabric.

293448319_635077420856579_698822789317969290_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgCEljAj...iGlyJq7cMmSaHM
    Last edited by Starchilde; 07-16-2022 at 10:33 AM.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Loved this Hellfire Gala design that David Hughes made. She has a trail made of cosmic fabric.

More inspired than the one they went with

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    More inspired than the one they went with
    Absolutely lol I wish they would have done something like this or more haute-couture at least

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    But in this era when Jean and Storm had a good development?
    I wish I had seen Jean's reaction to knowing the whole truth and not Cyke saying how she was going to feel
    I’m not convinced Jean and Storm ever had a good development. It felt like Claremont’s development of their friendship was because they were the only two women on the team at the time. I think they have very different goals and just drifted apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post

Incredible!

BANNED

I think the Eternals may become the main antagonists for the mutants moving forward.

The MCU debit of the Eternals was mediocre. But they do have big Mamés on the cast. I think Marcel decided instead of trying to build up the Eternals as its own thing separately, to make them XMen antagonists. This we have Judgement Day. This won’t be the last of mutant/Eternal war, either.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I’m not convinced Jean and Storm ever had a good development. It felt like Claremont’s development of their friendship was because they were the only two women on the team at the time. I think they have very different goals and just drifted apart.
    Ngl, I agree. Nowadays, I would say they are indeed the best of friends, but based on Claremont’s first run solely? Only in statements.

Uncanny X-Men: First Class gives some more Phoenix and Ororo friendship though.

BANNED

Eh, it's not just Storm. If it's about Jean but not ultimately about Laser Vision Man, there isn't much story/development behind it.

She helped change Iceman's life forever and has said about a half issue's worth of words to him in the ~10 years since. Marvel is so funny about this character.

They are funny about Storm too, really.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Eh, it's not just Storm. If it's about Jean but not ultimately about Laser Vision Man, there isn't much story/development behind it.

She helped change Iceman's life forever and has said about a half issue's worth of words to him in the ~10 years since. Marvel is so funny about this character.

They are funny about Storm too, really.
    There’s no specific reason for them to talk. Knowing someone is gay or helping them come out doesn’t imply lifelong friendship.

All-New Member

I am a little confused. I admit that I did not read that recent Wolverine event, but what actually happened in that story? Wasn't Jean there to be his girlfriend and telepathically help him out? Does she not already know all this Moria stuff, because she was moved to tears that this man would trust his entire being with the woman he has loved forever? That story is still canon, right?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jottma View Post
    I am a little confused. I admit that I did not read that recent Wolverine event, but what actually happened in that story? Wasn't Jean there to be his girlfriend and telepathically help him out? Does she not already know all this Moria stuff, because she was moved to tears that this man would trust his entire being with the woman he has loved forever? That story is still canon, right?
    I kind of dipped out of the event early but maybe it's less about Moira being alive and working with Orchis and moreso about the fact that about whole Mags, Xavier, and Moira manipulating events behind the scenes from the very beginning because "mutants always lose". Is Wolverine privy to that knowledge?

There’s no specific reason for them to talk. Knowing someone is gay or helping them come out doesn’t imply lifelong friendship.
    To be fair, Jean has fought alongside Iceman and lived with the man. It’s not like their job is akin to working in a super market. Heck, even comparing their jobs to police is inaccurate. They are basically going to war everyday, so they are living together, training together, and fighting together. They basically are all they have to speak with each other.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    To be fair, Jean has fought alongside Iceman and lived with the man. It’s not like their job is akin to working in a super market. Heck, even comparing their jobs to police is inaccurate. They are basically going to war everyday, so they are living together, training together, and fighting together. They basically are all they have to speak with each other.
    Precisely lol Jean and Iceman are founding members of the X-Men. They're FAMILY. Heck it was what made the X-Men different from the Avengers at the time family vs coworkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jottma View Post
    Jean was there to be an anchor for Wolverine. If things went wrong, she would pull him out. So, she basically went on that journey with him in time, producing mile wide psychic pulses to mind-wipe the areas Wolverine traveled in the past. Jean did learn Logan’s entire history, but this was all prior to Moira even arriving on the island.

In essence, no. Wolverine at that point did not know about Moira. If he ever did figure out about Moira, it would be after Moira is killed by the Wolverines and Technorine goes bananas on Laura and Daken. By that point, all he would know is that Moira attacked Krakoa. I don’t believe it was ever revealed that Xavier, Magneto, and Moira had a secret plan behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I kind of dipped out of the event early but maybe it's less about Moira being alive and working with Orchis and moreso about the fact that about whole Mags, Xavier, and Moira manipulating events behind the scenes from the very beginning because "mutants always lose". Is Wolverine privy to that knowledge?
    I don’t think so. To be honest, I’m uncertain if he is even privy to Moira attacking Krakoa to begin with. I guess it would make sense that they would brief him about it, but as far as I know, only the Wolverine trio took down Moira.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Ngl, I agree. Nowadays, I would say they are indeed the best of friends, but based on Claremont’s first run solely? Only in statements.

Uncanny X-Men: First Class gives some more Phoenix and Ororo friendship though.
    X-Men Companion talks about that. Claremont says if he could go back he would flesh it out because they seem to have become besties over night