Page 338 of 473 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388438 ... LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 7090

Jean and Ororo bonded pretty fast even before Jean became Phoenix. This is just a few issues after the debut of the ANAD X-Men, and after Jean had technically left the team, and Ororo still mentions not only the hours they've spent talking, but confiding in each other as well.

I see it as 2 highly intuitive, empathic, elemental women bypassing the barriers most people erect around themselves and quickly finding the core being of the other that resonants with themself.

I don't think it's fair to say it's just because they were the only two female members because when Lorna first joined, rven though she and Jean became friends, it didn't get to that "soul sister" level that Ororo and Jean formed, and so quickly at that...also, as the only two female members, they could have easily became enemies/rivals if Claremont chose to play into that stereotype(say, as a companion to the Cyclops/Wolverine rivalry that was already bring played up.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Jean and Ororo bonded pretty fast even before Jean became Phoenix. This is just a few issues after the debut of the ANAD X-Men, and after Jean had technically left the team, and Ororo still mentions not only the hours they've spent talking, but confiding in each other as well.

I see it as 2 highly intuitive, empathic, elemental women bypassing the barriers most people erect around themselves and quickly finding the core being of the other that resonants with themself.

I don't think it's fair to say it's just because they were the only two female members because when Lorna first joined, rven though she and Jean became friends, it didn't get to that "soul sister" level that Ororo and Jean formed, and so quickly at that...also, as the only two female members, they could have easily became enemies/rivals if Claremont chose to play into that stereotype(say, as a companion to the Cyclops/Wolverine rivalry that was already bring played up.)
    And that is Claremont telling us that the only two women on the team are friends, without showing us. Neither Jean nor Storm supported each other through or really did anything interesting together.

All-New Member

I think X-Treme X-Men #9 is the best issue that shows their friendship / bond

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    And that is Claremont telling us that the only two women on the team are friends, without showing us. Neither Jean nor Storm supported each other through or really did anything interesting together.
    Please elaborate -- what exactly do you mean by Jean nor Storm supporting each other or doing anything interesting together? The two of them have separate lives, families (or use to), and friends. That said, being best friends does not mean being joined at the hip or waking up in bed together every other day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Please elaborate -- what exactly do you mean by Jean nor Storm supporting each other or doing anything interesting together? The two of them have separate lives, families (or use to), and friends. That said, being best friends does not mean being joined at the hip or waking up in bed together every other day.
    I saw no evidence of a bond between them besides being the only two women on the team at that time.

And them being teammates is fine. But I saw no reason for them to claim to be best friends forever….

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I saw no evidence of a bond between them besides being the only two women on the team at that time.

And them being teammates is fine. But I saw no reason for them to claim to be best friends forever….
    But they are. When Jean is by Ororo, I can see the love from both of them. I see how they hug each other when they greet. Just like me and my bestie.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    But they are. When Jean is by Ororo, I can see the love from both of them. I see how they hug each other when they greet. Just like me and my bestie.
    Exactly, there were plenty of supplemental moments of them being very friendly, greeting with hugs, chatting together on long blackbird flights, etc. The books being what they were at the time, they weren't going to dedicate whole issues to them shopping and dancing. Those background artwork moments would have to fill in the gaps. Unfortunately Jean "died", cutting things short, but even before the Classic back-ups, their friendship would be fleshed out in flashback moments, such as when Ororo was switched into Emma's body, and she recalls a moment with her and Jean that helps her conceptualize how to get a handle on using Emma's telepathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Exactly, there were plenty of supplemental moments of them being very friendly, greeting with hugs, chatting together on long blackbird flights, etc. The books being what they were at the time, they weren't going to dedicate whole issues to them shopping and dancing. Those background artwork moments would have to fill in the gaps. Unfortunately Jean "died", cutting things short, but even before the Classic back-ups, their friendship would be fleshed out in flashback moments, such as when Ororo was switched into Emma's body, and she recalls a moment with her and Jean that helps her conceptualize how to get a handle on using Emma's telepathy.

I agree with everything you said! I wish Jean wasn’t dead for all of that time. Jean would’ve definitely been huge part of wedding with T’Challa.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I agree with everything you said! I wish Jean wasn’t dead for all of that time. Jean would’ve definitely been huge part of wedding with T’Challa.
    Love them karaoking. And I love that christmas pic jwatson made in the christmas thread!

Gorgeous! Never seen this one!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

I drew Jean and Ororo gossiping at the Gala last year, can’t remember if I shared it here?
    CE2228A2-5582-4665-BF2F-C94F89762DD8.jpg

Did Mercury give up the group's toxicity?
    He always brought news and fics

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I drew Jean and Ororo gossiping at the Gala last year, can’t remember if I shared it here?
    CE2228A2-5582-4665-BF2F-C94F89762DD8.jpg
    You and Jwatson’s art look great!

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    He's banned right now.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    He got banned. :/