Page 341 of 473 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345351391441 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 7090
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I love Madelyne, so I am excited about this. Happy to see her take over Limbo. Pretty much all XMen villains reform, so perhaps she settles her differences with Jean, Scott, and the others.

She found a new friend Ben Reilly, another angry clone.
    I'm hoping that it's just a cover.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 07-19-2022 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    fingers crossed indeed I hope Gillen uses her well, although I'm nervous anyway. Equally anxious and excited here.
    Same here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I am still hoping that they will say Jean is Phoenix and Phoenix is Jean. And since the Phoenix (which is essentially Jean at her ultimate potential) can exist at all times and in all places at the same time, the Phoenix can still have someone else as a host while still being Jean. (Something like that! )

For me, Jean’s only connection to the Phoenix should be that she is Phoenix. Being a host doesn’t feel special anymore since everyone in the Marvel Universe has been a host to the Phoenix at least twice by now.

I prefer Jean going all pink instead of being a host.

It's beginning to look more and more like Psychic Siphoning is going to be Jean Grey's new level of ineffability. Makes me wonder since Adult Jean Grey currently possesses the memories of Phoenix/Jean Grey, Madelyne Pryor-Summers (and is thus an expert pilot), as well as those of her younger time-displaced teen self -- armed as such what can't she do
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-19-2022 at 05:14 PM.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I am still hoping that they will say Jean is Phoenix and Phoenix is Jean. And since the Phoenix (which is essentially Jean at her ultimate potential) can exist at all times and in all places at the same time, the Phoenix can still have someone else as a host while still being Jean. (Something like that! )

For me, Jean’s only connection to the Phoenix should be that she is Phoenix. Being a host doesn’t feel special anymore since everyone in the Marvel Universe has been a host to the Phoenix at least twice by now.

I prefer Jean going all pink instead of being a host.

This is what I’m hoping for as well.

I still remember the line “you were always here, waiting for yourself to arrive.” Hyper phoenix conciousness Jean waiting for herself on the space shuttle so that the circle is complete works on so many levels. And once she became Phoenix, she was a phoenix always because time for her was no longer linear. Morrison laid it all out, we just need Gillen to confirm it.
    Last edited by Tank; 07-19-2022 at 05:12 PM.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    It just doesn’t make sense to me. Why is exodus obsessed with hope‘s connection to Phoenix but never mentions Rachel or Jean? Let’s be honest for a second, Rachel’s connection and history to the force is even greater than jeans. Hope is just a quick footnote…
    Let’s be real.Rachel’s connection to the phoenix force is not greater than Jean’s. How many times has it tried to connect with Jean or Jean fully understood her phoenix self when she ascended to white phoenix. Rachel is not even close. It won’t even fart in her direction when Jean is around and that’s why Jean is special. Now and forever. Hopefully Gillen settles it once and for all.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Let’s be real.Rachel’s connection to the phoenix force is not greater than Jean’s. How many times has it tried to connect with Jean or Jean fully understood her phoenix self when she ascended to white phoenix. Rachel is not even close. It won’t even fart in her direction when Jean is around and that’s why Jean is special. Now and forever. Hopefully Gillen settles it once and for all.
    Honestly, their connections to the PF is just different and I personally have always hated the comparisons. Because it's almost ALWAYS used as a negative toward Jean. When Rachel's time as Phoenix would not have been possible without Jean. Moreover Rachel did not have the same power levels, and the Phoenix became a force with her.

Their both unique hosts, but it leaves so much context out when people say lines like, "Well, Rachel never went Dark". Well sure that's true if you leave out all of the context of Jean going Dark, and forget that all the lessons the PF practiced with Rachel was because of its learning experience through Jean. No one has had a relationship to the PF like Jean, in fact Rachel, Hope, and the other random hosts all would be better comparisons imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Seems like Jean's getting involved in the whole Madelyne/Spider-Man thing.

https://www.gamesradar.com/chasm-gob...-the-dark-web/
    clones will have their revenge lets go
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Honestly, their connections to the PF is just different and I personally have always hated the comparisons. Because it's almost ALWAYS used as a negative toward Jean. When Rachel's time as Phoenix would not have been possible without Jean. Moreover Rachel did not have the same power levels, and the Phoenix became a force with her.

Their both unique hosts, but it leaves so much context out when people say lines like, "Well, Rachel never went Dark". Well sure that's true if you leave out all of the context of Jean going Dark, and forget that all the lessons the PF practiced with Rachel was because of its learning experience through Jean. No one has had a relationship to the PF like Jean, in fact Rachel, Hope, and the other random hosts all would be better comparisons imo.
    Word. Not only do these naysayers compare them with no context like you said. Not only was Jean tapping into more power, she didnt have the example of someone else going dark and losing themselves as a cautionary tale. Rachel also didnt have Mastermind and the hellfire club mucking with her mind.

Jean handled the power just find in subsequent times and ascended to white phoenix. People need to not try and degrade the original when trying to build up their fave.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    God I hate clones so much

I really like Maddie, but she can't move on? The writers could give another plot

BANNED

This is what I’m hoping for as well.

I̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶“̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶r̶r̶i̶v̶e̶.̶”̶ ̶H̶y̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶h̶o̶e̶n̶i̶x̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶c̶i̶o̶u̶s̶n̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶J̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶u̶t̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶i̶r̶c̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶e̶t̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶l̶e̶v̶e̶l̶s̶.̶ ̶A̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶P̶h̶o̶e̶n̶i̶x̶,̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶h̶o̶e̶n̶i̶x̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶e̶a̶r̶.̶ Morrison laid it all out, we just need Gillen to confirm it.
    There's no need to -- Morrison's run has been seemingly nullified by the O5's time romp -- when Jean returned to her present proper she was more powerful than she's ever been sans the Phoenix Force.

BANNED

God I hate clones so much
    Same, honestly.

the effect of the 92 animated series on Jean is so interesting, it seems a lot of people thinks all she does is faint and moan Scott's name

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    the effect of the 92 animated series on Jean is so interesting, it seems a lot of people thinks all she does is faint and moan Scott's name
    Especially the comic writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Seems like Jean's getting involved in the whole Madelyne/Spider-Man thing.

https://www.gamesradar.com/chasm-gob...-the-dark-web/
    "In February 23's Spider-Man #90, Ben, then still Spider-Man, is battling the new villain the Queen Goblin, he quips unimpressed, "Pretty sure the X-Men have a way scarier Goblin Queen.""

Man... Last time I saw an article talking about Ben and Madelyne teaming up they made the same mistake, it wasn't Ben who made the quip, it was Spidey, and that much was clear, and the "foreshadowing" isn't as impactful if Spidey is the one who says it lol.

Might've been games radar that made this mistake both times too... Could even be the same writer even.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She found a new friend Ben Reilly, another angry clone.
    They even have in common how the reason they went evil was Marvel basically having clone racism, that's a lot to relate to .

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Honestly, against who? Ben and Madelyne have to be really dumb to want revenge on heroes when it's villains who fucked 'em up more than anyone.

Then again, if Beyond is any hint, Ben is a complete moron now, so that wouldn't be out of place with his current characterization...

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    I really like Maddie, but she can't move on? The writers could give another plot
    Specially with her taking over Limbo, that gives her more story potential, so going back to usual stuff is, whatever.

Oh well, the cover could be just a clickbait and she won't be messing with Jean and Cyke much, covers do tend to exaggerate or even outright lie about the contents, who knows...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then