Page 342 of 473 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352392442 ... LastLast
Results 5,116 to 5,130 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    It's beginning to look more and more like Psychic Siphoning is going to be Jean Grey's new level of ineffability. Makes me wonder since Adult Jean Grey currently possesses the memories of Phoenix/Jean Grey, Madelyne Pryor-Summers (and is thus an expert pilot), as well as those of her younger time-displaced teen self -- armed as such what can't she do
    Jean truly has a lot of potential. Let us hope they explore her capabilities in year 2 of X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    This is what I’m hoping for as well.

I still remember the line “you were always here, waiting for yourself to arrive.” Hyper phoenix conciousness Jean waiting for herself on the space shuttle so that the circle is complete works on so many levels. And once she became Phoenix, she was a phoenix always because time for her was no longer linear. Morrison laid it all out, we just need Gillen to confirm it.
    Oh! I had forgotten that! Have to re-read Morrison’s X-Men.

Just read Judgment Day. Jean didn’t do much, but I really like how she was written. (Even though the freckles make her look too young.)

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Just read Judgment Day. Jean didn’t do much, but I really like how she was written. (Even though the freckles make her look too young.)
    can I ask you for a spoiler what you have enjoyed about her in the first issue?

Spectacular Member

Saw on twitter

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Marvelfan1992; 07-20-2022 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    can I ask you for a spoiler what you have enjoyed about her in the first issue?
    Mercury has posted Jean’s panels on Twitter.
    https://twitter.com/jean_red_grey/st...3gKDuduESJ29Tg

Jean is not in it much, but i like:
    spoilers:
    Her confidence and pose. How she flung herself into battle. And that she knew that sh*t was going down before the alarm went off. And yeah, a cry from Mars maybe is not that impressive when Xavier heard his daughter’s death cry across space, but I really liked it.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I agree...and also regarding the freckles...both Jean and Hope...not sure why some try to do the "redhead equals automatic freckles" thing

Those freckles completely ruined Jean’s appearance for me today, it looked like Anne of green gables was summoned from 1908 to cosplay as Jean grey, basically they found another way to infantilize her now that the 70’s costume is gone.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Those freckles completely ruined Jean’s appearance for me today, it looked like Anne of green gables was summoned from 1908 to cosplay as Jean grey, basically they found another way to infantilize her now that the 70’s costume is gone.
    "Found"? Teen Jean and Ghost Jean, both of whom's tenure seems BELOVED on these boards, had freckles. And beyond.
    It's not new, not do I see how someone having freckles is "infantilizing"...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    "Found"? Teen Jean and Ghost Jean, both of whom's tenure seems BELOVED on these boards, had freckles. And beyond.
    It's not new, not do I see how someone having freckles is "infantilizing"...
    1. Ghost jean is not beloved
    2. I sad freckles make jean (a comic character) look childish ( in a comic medium) so don’t try to make this about real people because I did not.
    3. Freckles were never a distinct feature of Jean Grey for 99% or her comic history
    4. I explicitly said this artist initiative “ruined jean’s appearance for me today”, so feel free to like it as much as you want.
    5. The artistic rendition looks more like acne than real freckles, thats the reason why she feels more like a teenager than an adult woman.
    Last edited by Daedra; 07-20-2022 at 08:36 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I don’t mind the freckles. I like them, but I’m an adult with freckles. I’m not a redhead, and I’ve always had them since childhood. When I’m out in the sun, freckles all over lol

Jean looked great in today’s issue and I’m very excited to see where the story goes. We know Jean is going to be a major player. I’m glad we will have a lot to discuss over the next few months!

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

1. Ghost jean is not beloved
    2. I sad freckles make jean (a comic character) look childish ( in a comic medium) so don’t try to make this about real people because I did not.
    3. Freckles were never a distinct feature of Jean Grey for 99% or her comic history
    4. I explicitly said this artist initiative “ruined jean’s appearance for me today”, so feel free to like it as much as you want.
    5. The artistic rendition looks more like acne than real freckles, thats the reason why she feels more like a teenager than an adult woman.
    The reason you think she looks childish is because they've been feeding you "adults don't have freckles and they look so and so" and you went along with it. But there are indeed a lot of adults with freckles.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The reason you think she looks childish is because they've been feeding you "adults don't have freckles and they look so and so" and you went along with it. But there are indeed a lot of adults with freckles.
    Yeah, you are wrong, my grandma had freckles and so did my aunt and my cousins, I know at the very least 5 adults with freckles so really this theory of yours is falling flat on his face……….. is it still possible to discuss the comic without things having to take a personal turn every time?

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Yeah, you are wrong, my grandma had freckles and so did my aunt and my cousins, I know at the very least 5 adults with freckles so really this theory of yours is falling flat on his face……….. is it still possible to discuss the comic without things having to take a personal turn every time?
    This just makes the whole thing more ridiculous. If you know adults with freckles, why do you associate them with "looking childish"? What does being in a comic have to do with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    This just makes the whole thing more ridiculous. If you know adults with freckles, why do you associate them with "looking childish"? What does being in a comic have to do with anything?
    Because as I explained in the very first post you quoted this artist rendition of freckles looks like teenage acne and his jean does not look like Jean to me, it gives me a jarring sensation of watching another redhead cosplay as her.

The art is fantastic in today’s Judgment Day. I love Jean’s confidence and pose. But I do think Jean having freckles makes her look a bit too young. I think that is because in comics they usually give freckles to kids. (I know there are adult characters with freckles, but it is usually something that mostly young characters have.) And I say this as an adult male with fair skin and freckles.

But Gillen writes a great Jean, and Jean is said to have a huge role to play in this event, so I am happy.