Page 350 of 473 FirstFirst ... 250300340346347348349350351352353354360400450 ... LastLast
Results 5,236 to 5,250 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Random thought:
    Jean Grey IS overpowered, and that's the point. Her interesting boundaries are not the physical. Jean should be challenged mentally, spiritually, and morally. Writers go wrong trying to think of some dopey way to have her fail at using her powers instead of putting her in challenging situations.
    Let the character be cerebral.
    This is what I wish to see. I actually like Duggan's Jean but my problem with his potrayal is that I feel that we barely have seen her talking/having thoughts that made you feel the character is challenged or questioning of situations. For example her exchange in the HF Gala with Cyclops at the start showed a little bit of her personal thoughts, so I think Duggan can perfectly do it, which makes me have hope for year two. It's a problem with all the characters he used in year one (with the exception of Everett I think), the potrayal of their motivations felt very superficial.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Compared to Avengers foes many of those weak. Ooops, the Eternals even kidnapped Sinister.
    Dark Phoenix, Proteus, the Goblin Queen, and Onslaught, all villains mentioned by @Exodus, are weak compared to the Eternals? Dark Phoenix alone trumps a good library of the Avengers foes.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Dark Phoenix, Proteus, the Goblin Queen, and Onslaught, all villains mentioned by @Exodus, are weak compared to the Eternals? Dark Phoenix alone trumps the Avengers foes.
    ...and the Avengers, X-Men, New Mutants, X-Force, Defenders, Fantastic Four, Champions, Inhumans, Invaders, etc, etc, etc........!!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

Random thought:
    Jean Grey IS overpowered, and that's the point. Her interesting boundaries are not the physical. Jean should be challenged mentally, spiritually, and morally. Writers go wrong trying to think of some dopey way to have her fail at using her powers instead of putting her in challenging situations.
    Let the character be cerebral.
    I actually agree with you for once. It's why I love X-Men Red for Storm so much. She IS being challenged and will continue to be challenged in a way that respects her character but at the same time forces her to evolve. I would like a title like that for Jean something that really makes her struggle. It's kinda what I thought we would be getting for her in XFORCE a team that would really challenge her moral compass but it was unfortunately short lived especially since I really liked Percy's more raw take on Jean and would have really liked to see her butt heads with Beast over his increasingly extreme methods.

Fantastic Member

She is not overpowered against the Eternals. Traditionally, the XMen have had weak foes, but is changing now they have foes like Merlin, the Eternals, etc.
    That's odd. Because Druig said it himself, Krakoa has some of the greatest minds of the planet, and they cannot face them individually. That's why they have to combine half of their committed forces with the so-called almighty uni-mind to distract telepaths of the Quiet Council. That many Eternal minds just to pre-occupy 4 telepaths. And not one of them is an Omega Telepath.

What more an Omega one, with the skills to match Xavier.

Just to put the uni-mind into context "Uni-Mind is a personification of the combination of all of the Eternals' free will and intelligence.".
    Last edited by mike7171; 07-23-2022 at 05:55 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    That's odd. Because Druig said it himself, Krakoa has some of the greatest minds of the planet, and they cannot face them individually. That's why they have to combine half of their committed forces with the so-called almighty uni-mind to distract telepaths of the Quiet Council. That many Eternal minds just to pre-occupy 4 telepaths. And not one of them is an Omega Telepath.

What more an Omega one, with the skills to match Xavier.

Just to put the uni-mind into context "Uni-Mind is a personification of the combination of all of the Eternals' free will and intelligence.".
    Let’s see how additional battles play out before I fully comment.

Like to see if Jean has to face Uranos, for example. He killed off Arrako’s Great Ring and wrecked Arrako.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I actually agree with you for once. It's why I love X-Men Red for Storm so much. She IS being challenged and will continue to be challenged in a way that respects her character but at the same time forces her to evolve. I would like a title like that for Jean something that really makes her struggle. It's kinda what I thought we would be getting for her in XFORCE a team that would really challenge her moral compass but it was unfortunately short lived especially since I really liked Percy's more raw take on Jean and would have really liked to see her butt heads with Beast over his increasingly extreme methods.
    We will see her get challenged against the Eternals.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    This is what I wish to see. I actually like Duggan's Jean but my problem with his potrayal is that I feel that we barely have seen her talking/having thoughts that made you feel the character is challenged or questioning of situations. For example her exchange in the HF Gala with Cyclops at the start showed a little bit of her personal thoughts, so I think Duggan can perfectly do it, which makes me have hope for year two. It's a problem with all the characters he used in year one (with the exception of Everett I think), the potrayal of their motivations felt very superficial.
    I think superficial is an apt descriptor for most of what I have seen from this X-Men volume.

But to be fair, superficial and very light with some action was kinda the point of the book from the jump.

IMMORTALXMEN2022005_InteriorArtwork.jpg

Seeing the Phoenix drawn in such a majestic manner, I want Jean to have it again.......

....but this is Exodus in the past having a Phoenix vision I think in order to start his new mutant religion in the present (from Immortal X-Men 5). I really like the idea of letting the mutant worship the Phoenix Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post

Seeing the Phoenix drawn in such a majestic manner, I want Jean to have it again.......

....but this is Exodus in the past having a Phoenix vision I think in order to start his new mutant religion in the present (from Immortal X-Men 5). I really like the idea of letting the mutant worship the Phoenix Force.
    Lol! So, basically the Askani in the present?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post

Gillen is going to f*** Jean over so hard about her Phoenix stories.

They always have some character that they think the Phoenix should REALLY be about. Usually some dude.

BANNED

Gillen is going to f*** Jean over so hard about her Phoenix stories.

They always have some character that they think the Phoenix should REALLY be about. Usually some dude.
    That’s Aaron who has the Phoenix be some dude. Ask him why! lol.

Something is clearly going to this fall if we see the solicitations, and to be fair we actually have to read those issues to know for sure. Though we might get more details next month.

BANNED

That’s Aaron who has the Phoenix be some dude. Ask him why! lol.

Something is clearly going to this fall if we see the solicitations, and to be fair we actually have to read those issues to know for sure. Though we might get more details next month.
    And Hickman and Gillen. And essentially Greg Pak and Matthew Rosenberg too.

BANNED

And Hickman and Gillen. And essentially Greg Pak and Matthew Rosenberg too.
    Aaron was by far the worst offender in that group. Hickman just didn’t want to deal with the Phoenix at all……

Now we will have to what happens this fall.

I really would like to have an interview where Marvel authors debate why it is important that EVERYBODY is a Phoenix host but not Jean Grey. Why? I really wonder what their reasoning are. There must be a reason.

I think Hope will be Phoenix in the future. Exodus worshipping her and be her first apostle.
    Last edited by Exodus; 07-24-2022 at 02:47 AM.