Page 375 of 473 FirstFirst ... 275325365371372373374375376377378379385425 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    I agree on most of this and hope that Gillen does right by her.

Only thing i’m iffy on is your conjecture of using jean’s history and connections as phoenix to further develop another character instead of Jean herself. How many times must things developed for Jean be given away?

It’s beyond exhausting.
    This is going to sound childish but this is the reason Hope annoys me lmao I still like her but I can't help but feel a bit annoyed by the fact that she has all of Jean's stuff so easily lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    This is going to sound childish but this is the reason Hope annoys me lmao I still like her but I can't help but feel a bit annoyed by the fact that she has all of Jean's stuff so easily lol.
    I agree. Hope should learn how to share Jean's stuff. ;-) I want the new/old Phoenix Five ASAP: Jean, Hope, Madelyne, Rachel, and Cable.
    Last edited by Exodus; 08-09-2022 at 01:43 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I agree. Hope should learn to share Jean's stuff. ;-) I want the new/old Phoenix Five ASAP: Jean, Hope, Madelyne, Rachel, and Cable.
    I would love this.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I would love this.
    I would like Jean to wear a costume similar to Namor's Phoenix Five costume. I really like those shoulder plates. The best thing of AvX for me have been the redesign of the Phoenix Five.

I always liked this design (maybe in different colors and less bulky):

EYrL_mZXkAAraTx.jpg
    Last edited by Exodus; 08-09-2022 at 01:52 AM.

Just saw those pages on Mercury's twitter page. I cannot stop myself and repeat how much I adored Grant Morrison's Jean Grey in New X-Men. so much time has passed since then...Nostalgia....

Probably my most favorite Jean Grey moment of all time. Her dialogue here is so exceptionally badass:

Attachment 123739

"I don't want you to get hurt, but you have to understand...the more you annoy me, the more I cannot stop thinking about deconstructing you molecule by molecule, memory by memory...until there's nothing left but screaming, traumatized atoms. So don't threaten me, don't patronize me...Don't even think about it, and I will know."

#scary!
    Last edited by Exodus; 08-09-2022 at 01:59 AM.

BANNED

Jordan D. White said something important. Very important. He admitted certain creators are stuck in a past before many of us were born. And that fans do not see Jean that way, they see her as Jean and as Phoenix. Keep calling him out by asking hard questions
    It’s having a big impact.

BANNED

Can anyone tell me how can we submit questions to XMen Mondays? I have a question I want submit.

BANNED

Okay, here is what I loved about the Krakoa era. The mutant society, resurrections, more magic, Arrako, more space stories.

Yet Hickman despite his forward way of thinking wanted Xavier and Magneto to be behind everything, like they were in the 1960s. In those days the younger characters didn’t have much of a role. But that obsession with just Xavier and Magneto ruined the Fox movies.

Marvel itself pulled the XMen out of that with ten of swords. Storm became queen of Arrako. Jean and Scott relaunched the XMen. Mystique brought Destiny back and the lies were revealed broke up the Xavier/Magneto partnership.

Can anyone tell me how can we submit questions to XMen Mondays? I have a question I want submit.
    They usually call for questions on their website in the X-Men section so check there from time to time:
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/08/01/x-...ordan-d-white/

And apparently Hassan tweets the link as well.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I would like Jean to wear a costume similar to Namor's Phoenix Five costume. I really like those shoulder plates. The best thing of AvX for me have been the redesign of the Phoenix Five.

EYrL_mZXkAAraTx.jpg
    Looks like an evil Carol Danvers tbh.
    "Cable was right!"

Jordan D. White said something important. Very important. He admitted certain creators are stuck in a past before many of us were born. And that fans do not see Jean that way, they see her as Jean and as Phoenix. Keep calling him out by asking hard questions
    It’s having a big impact.
    You act like they are the only ones. It’s not just old men stuck in the past not ready to move forward. It’s more everyone in some way has sentimental attachment to the past.

In the industry, they do what works for sales. By all accounts, this whole creative thing is just throwing things at the wall to see what works. It’s not always nostalgia. In Jean’s case, it was a Hickman decision to put her in the dress and give her Marvel Girl. Jordan okayed it to see if that would stick. Obviously, it didn’t. Just because there is a vocal piece of the fanbase does not always mean they are the majority. That is why sales are important, not just because of money. It is seeing where interest lies. Even if they are angry, if they are buying the books still, it’s still interest and profitable. But if it’s apathy, that means they are doing something wrong.

EYrL_mZXkAAraTx.jpg
    I’m thinking brighter reds and golds and this design would be perfect.

Found this in the Lorna thread

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Found this in the Lorna thread

I love them both!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    You act like they are the only ones. It’s not just old men stuck in the past not ready to move forward. It’s more everyone in some way has sentimental attachment to the past.

In the industry, they do what works for sales. By all accounts, this whole creative thing is just throwing things at the wall to see what works. It’s not always nostalgia. In Jean’s case, it was a Hickman decision to put her in the dress and give her Marvel Girl. Jordan okayed it to see if that would stick. Obviously, it didn’t. Just because there is a vocal piece of the fanbase does not always mean they are the majority. That is why sales are important, not just because of money. It is seeing where interest lies. Even if they are angry, if they are buying the books still, it’s still interest and profitable. But if it’s apathy, that means they are doing something wrong.
    I partially agree with you. However, the Marvel Girl mini was something that had not been seen since the 1970s.

To try to bring something back that dated was simply absurd.

I don’t think anyone quit buying books for it, but fans were vocal about not liking it. Hickman left and Duggan had no interest in keeping it.

But yes, ultimately we voted with our wallets.