Page 376 of 473 FirstFirst ... 276326366372373374375376377378379380386426 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 7090
    The Red Dragon

More walkie talkie incoming

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Found this in the Lorna thread

the headpiece is a little too big. Everything else is flawless. Polaris looks perfect too. The coffee mug is hilarious!

I still wish for a Hellfire Gala double Marvel Legends pack with Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    More walkie talkie incoming
    Wasn't it today that she annihilated a Hex?

FYNYUVSXoAM42hU.jpg

She is doing airspace statistical analysis

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post

FYNYUVSXoAM42hU.jpg

In my dreams. My Jean related thoughts on Axe 2:

For having a bit of lines….Jean felt so inconsequential because once again Jean was used as walkie talkie or to describe stuff that we can clearly see via the art. I was half expecting/wanting someone to tell her “guess what Jean you have telekinesis too, USE it!” Replace her with any telepath and it would have been the same. Exodus has a minimal amout of lines compared to Jean, but felt like he had more character/impact because his actions mattered.

So useless. “Oh hell” indeed.

I get where you are coming from. It felt like she was just there watching without doing much. I think it would have been nice to see Exodus and Jean combining their powers and attack in dialogue...sometime the energy colors felt that way...but not really.

Maybe we should understand her actions as a form of coordinating the entire counter-attack through her telepathy? Maybe this is why she was too busy being more active because she is connecting all fighters to counter the recent Kaiju attack?
    Last edited by Exodus; 08-10-2022 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    the headpiece is a little too big. Everything else is flawless. Polaris looks perfect too. The coffee mug is hilarious!

I still wish for a Hellfire Gala double Marvel Legends pack with Storm.
    This guy is the BEST kitbasher I have ever seen. WOW

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I partially agree with you. However, the Marvel Girl mini was something that had not been seen since the 1970s.

To try to bring something back that dated was simply absurd.
    Oh dear. Now I’ve been set off. Probably would not have cared as much had this not been an absolute controversy of a topic.

I happen to love the mini-skirt. And if bringing back dated things is such a bother, than by all accounts, Jean should not have been in her 90’s outfit or X-Factor costume costume even after Hickman put her in a newer variant. She should have been in something new from the very beginning.

The fact that people make such a big fuss over something like the min-skirt and then praise the ever boring New X-Men is baffling. Like, “oh dear! A pointy mask? How dreadful! Yellow kitchen gloves? Dastardly that she would choose something so out there! Rather than possibly updating it, we should burn the whole thing because it should never inspire designers to actually be creative make something new out of the ashes of old like Jean is supposed to as Phoenix! Ugly simply ugly. Not unlike the gorgeous black leather pants and the wonderful normal black tea shirt with a complimentary giant black leather coat. Simply a fashion icon of our time with those black boots with giant yellow ‘X’s on them”.

The gosh darn Marvel Girl dress controversy was probably the most stupid controversy I had ever witnessed and I am very obviously salty about it.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I don’t think anyone quit buying books for it, but fans were vocal about not liking it. Hickman left and Duggan had no interest in keeping it.

But yes, ultimately we voted with our wallets.
    Probably because the vocal outcry was annoying as heck. And personally. I was glad they stuck to their guns and kept it for so long because those “fans” were being ridiculous for going so far as to complain everywhere and bug the creators about changing the dress. And it was clearly a bigger issue than it needed to be because there was that Krakoan advertising that ended up poking fun at the issue and “fans” got insulted that the writers decided not to listen to them.

Never had I ever been so disappointed in a fanbase, not simply for the vocal outcry, but the very idea that they would go so far as to not even suggest they maybe update it. No! It needed to simply vanish and never be returned to again and now we have to stick to dang one-piece outfits again while still being in the stupid green and yellow combination as if Jean were colorblind to any other color combination.

…..great. Now I am supremely annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I get where you are coming from. It felt like she was just there watching without doing much. I think it would have been nice to see Exodus and Jean combining their powers and attack in dialogue...sometime the energy colors felt that way...but not really.

Maybe we should understand her actions as a form of coordinating the entire counter-attack through her telepathy? Maybe this is why she was too busy being more active because she is connecting all fighters to counter the recent Kaiju attack?
    Oddly enough, there is one panel where Jean is indeed helping Exodus do tk stuff. The issue is that they are absolutely obscured and tiny that it is so hard to actually tell they are doing anything beyond being flashing psychic lights.

God, that second time last panel on the bottom right has them obscured in purple light that it’s hard to tell that Jean is extending her hand an opposite direction to Exodus to imply she is using tk. If they perhaps had the psychic effect actually trailing elsewhere, maybe that could have at least given the impression that she is attacking there.

Maybe the colorist should have enveloped the objects Jean was affecting in psychic light to give a better portrayal of what’s going on?
    Last edited by PyroFN; 08-10-2022 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Oh dear. Now I’ve been set off. Probably would not have cared as much had this not been an absolute controversy of a topic.

I happen to love the mini-skirt. And if bringing back dated things is such a bother, than by all accounts, Jean should not have been in her 90’s outfit or X-Factor costume costume even after Hickman put her in a newer variant. She should have been in something new from the very beginning.

The fact that people make such a big fuss over something like the min-skirt and then praise the ever boring New X-Men is baffling. Like, “oh dear! A pointy mask? How dreadful! Yellow kitchen gloves? Dastardly that she would choose something so out there! Rather than possibly updating it, we should burn the whole thing because it should never inspire designers to actually be creative make something new out of the ashes of old like Jean is supposed to as Phoenix! Ugly simply ugly. Not unlike the gorgeous black leather pants and the wonderful normal black tea shirt with a complimentary giant black leather coat. Simply a fashion icon of our time with those black boots with giant yellow ‘X’s on them”.

The gosh darn Marvel Girl dress controversy was probably the most stupid controversy I had ever witnessed and I am very obviously salty about it.
    The problem is they didnt update it. It was ugly in the current era for the most part bc it was ripped from the 60s/70s and she stuck out like a sore thumb. If she wore it as a one off as we saw her in the 90s look or X-Factor, it would be more forgivable, but it was her default that she were almost everywhere which is why it got the constant criticism it did

ETA:

Jean's Krakoan armor suit from the Ms. Marvel/Wolverine book

Last edited by Havok83; 08-10-2022 at 09:52 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Well...I somewhat expected much more from her appearance in JD 2 than what we got. Enh! That's all I will say on the matter.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post

FYNYUVSXoAM42hU.jpg

I am not bothered by the comic issue, but lol, I do love the parody potential of newscaster Jean Grey.

Jean: “Welcome to Krakoa News. In todays story, Krakoa is under major kaiju attack off the coasts of the island. Reports from all over the different coasts of the Atlantic report of massive tsunamis resulting from the clashes between our mutant brethren and the Eternal threats.

Krakoan Captain, Cyclops, have an answer in assurance to all that the Avengers will take care of the worldwide disaster relief efforts as the mutants deal with the kaiju threat. Up next, we have Ororo Munroe with the weather update on Arakko.”

The problem is they didnt update it. It was ugly in the current era for the most part bc it was ripped from the 60s/70s and she stuck out like a sore thumb. If she wore it as a one off as we saw her in the 90s look or X-Factor, it would be more forgivable, but it was her default that she were almost everywhere which is why it got the constant criticism it did
    Don’t kid me. They would have ripped them apart for even thinking to use it to begin with. There should not be any forgiveness to be had, which is what tells me they would have received criticism whether it was just a one-off or a regular outfit.

And “criticism” is putting very lightly of the absolute tantrums and outcry’s people were giving that era. There is nothing fair about what they did to the creators and I am not gonna be fair to them in this instance. And I have been on here long enough for you all to realize that this is a very, very rare thing for me to do. I’m usually very understanding of the other side of disputes.

This is one of the very few exceptions because of how horribly everyone acted in this time.

ETA:

Jean's Krakoan armor suit from the Ms. Marvel/Wolverine book

Bleh! Color clash o’ clock. White, black, green, red, lime, and brown.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Don’t kid me. They would have ripped them apart for even thinking to use it to begin with. There should not be any forgiveness to be had, which is what tells me they would have received criticism whether it was just a one-off or a regular outfit.

And “criticism” is putting very lightly of the absolute tantrums and outcry’s people were giving that era. There is nothing fair about what they did to the creators and I am not gonna be fair to them in this instance. And I have been on here long enough for you all to realize that this is a very, very rare thing for me to do. I’m usually very understanding of the other side of disputes.

This is one of the very few exceptions because of how horribly everyone acted in this time.
    We've seen variations of it in recent years like her AOX costume and 2022 HG look. Both would have been better as an updated MG uni for the current era. The one we got was dated and no one really did anything to modernize it and that was the problem

We've seen variations of it in recent years like her AOX costume and 2022 HG look. Both would have been better as an updated MG uni for the current era. The one we got was dated and no one really did anything to modernize it and that was the problem
    Disagree with the first suggestion. Too house-wife looking. I know that the general view about Hickman’s Jean is that she had became a housewife, but I’d rather not add to it by making her look like one.

The second is not that bad, but it has its problems. Things like the shoulder pads make it look stiff, the short-shorts would seem uncomfortable in a fight. (Unless they are a very soft material) Overall, not the worst idea.

As far as the bolded, sounds like something a certain someone has been saying for a really long time……

*vehemently points to myself*

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Well...I somewhat expected much more from her appearance in JD 2 than what we got. Enh! That's all I will say on the matter.

Sadly My impression with the judgement #2 issue in regard to jean’s role is not positive at all, I feel like being relegated to this telepathic broadcast niche is not really working out for the character, I wish for the writer to give her a more “action oriented” role, For every panel that she spends around acting as correspondent for Krakoa news broadcasts system I see wasted opportunities to give us the readers meaningful and breath taking entertainment, I know Jean could do so much more so I am left asking myself why the creative powers behind these comics keep phoning it in.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”