Page 377 of 473 FirstFirst ... 277327367373374375376377378379380381387427 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,655 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Sadly My impression with the judgement #2 issue in regard to jean’s role is not positive at all, I feel like being relegated to this telepathic broadcast niche is not really working out for the character, I wish for the writer to give her a more “action oriented” role, For every panel that she spends around acting as correspondent for Krakoa news broadcasts system I see wasted opportunities to give us the readers meaningful and breath taking entertainment, I know Jean could do so much more so I am left asking myself why the creative powers behind these comics keep phoning it in.
    I'm right here in my thoughts about Jean lol.

I mean I get it, she's an Omega telepath and her bread and butter should be maintaining a team-wide net of constant communication that all but gives a down to the second info dump to anyone who needs.

My issue is with that is - she's not Emma.

Jean shouldn't have to pick which side of her powers to use in combat. It's not like she'd loose her telepathy if she started dropping TK bombs left and right. At this point I would've been thrilled to have her do a TK smackdown duo with Exodus against the giants.

If nothing else this proves that Storm and Jean really are sisters. Or rather Radio Girl & Lightning Lass.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Sadly My impression with the judgement #2 issue in regard to jean’s role is not positive at all, I feel like being relegated to this telepathic broadcast niche is not really working out for the character, I wish for the writer to give her a more “action oriented” role, For every panel that she spends around acting as correspondent for Krakoa news broadcasts system I see wasted opportunities to give us the readers meaningful and breath taking entertainment, I know Jean could do so much more so I am left asking myself why the creative powers behind these comics keep phoning it in.
    Word. Her use was so underwhelming. She basically’s team microphone.

People said wait til we see the full issue before saying anything. But it’s here and it doesn’t even feel like she have tk half the time(other than floating around).

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I'm right here in my thoughts about Jean lol.

I mean I get it, she's an Omega telepath and her bread and butter should be maintaining a team-wide net of constant communication that all but gives a down to the second info dump to anyone who needs.

My issue is with that is - she's not Emma.

Jean shouldn't have to pick which side of her powers to use in combat. It's not like she'd loose her telepathy if she started dropping TK bombs left and right. At this point I would've been thrilled to have her do a TK smackdown duo with Exodus against the giants.

If nothing else this proves that Storm and Jean really are sisters. Or rather Radio Girl & Lightning Lass.
    I agree.
    See the thing is for all this omega telepath label, too often Jean is shown needing others to do telepathic feats. I dont know if it’s a subconscious or deliberate attempt to undermine the character or simply because there are so many telepaths so them working together is needed so the others dont feel superfluous. But the point still stands.

Exodus did this omega tk without Jean’s help(she didnt even bother?) while if it was reversed im sure Jean would need one of the other telepaths or telekinetics to help her because she cant be too powerful now.

The Red Dragon

Can we get teen Jean back? She has more agency, power and personality in one finger than this neutered adult Jean has in her entire body.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Can we get teen Jean back? She has more agency, power and personality in one finger than this neutered adult Jean has in her entire body.
    I’m totally here for that. I agree with the rest of you enough so that there’s no need to repeat it. But yes, bring back teen Jean. In fact, Cerebro should have backups of the o5.

I like her take charge attitude, her tough attitude, and her pink Phoenix effect.

BANNED

I think we should all ask Jordan D. White whenever he or other prominent X people field questions again on AIPT what is so wrong with letting Jean at least take action. Why can’t Jean take down a Hex? And what is so awful about her being Phoenix.

The fact ignored Jean’s 21st century Phoenix developments and Jeen’s developments just because some fanboy turned writer is absurd.

Exodus did take down a Hex, but he got killed in the process. Perhaps as leader Jean didn’t want to get killed? It looked like the Eternals were going to kill the mutants anyway until the Celestial was resurrected. Let’s not forget second time around Exodus was easily killed by the hex.

Word. Her use was so underwhelming. She basically’s team microphone.

People said wait til we see the full issue before saying anything. But it’s here and it doesn’t even feel like she have tk half the time(other than floating around).
    Now is definitely the time breathe your full thoughts on the issue.

I myself was a little underwhelmed by Jean’s portrayal as well. Not the worst thing, but it’s definitely not anything I’d expect her to do in a war. If she was using her tk, then the artist either needs to be changed or they need to start showing where the tk is because it does appear that she did nothing but provide a telepathic link.

The only sign of tk I can see comes from this scan, where the second tk last panel has Jean gesturing outwards in psychic energy the same way Exodus is. This is really vague and I really can’t tell what they are doing, but it seems to imply Jean is helping Exodus in tk. If that was the actual portrayal in the issue, I think the artist might be a problem.

I agree.
    See the thing is for all this omega telepath label, too often Jean is shown needing others to do telepathic feats. I dont know if it’s a subconscious or deliberate attempt to undermine the character or simply because there are so many telepaths so them working together is needed so the others dont feel superfluous. But the point still stands.

Exodus did this omega tk without Jean’s help(she didnt even bother?) while if it was reversed im sure Jean would need one of the other telepaths or telekinetics to help her because she cant be too powerful now.
    One would think that Marvel or at least the X-Office would have solutions to this problem by now. For example, Gillen missed what I though would've been the PERFECT opportunity to display Jean as a "being of supreme telepathic potency" by having her bypass the shields of Syne before her armor was cracked.

It's an extremely subtle move but it would've clearly shown that Jean is a step above the rest in terms of telepathy.

Edit: And Tank you are petty AF for that avatar and title, lmao!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

I agree.

Not in this case. She looked like she had no trouble at all being the top news reporter for the greatest Krakoan News Channel to Grace the telepathic stations.

(Note that this is partially opinionated, but mostly satirical)

If it’s Bendis’ Teen Jean, no. She is a Mary Sue who gets by on deus ex machina. (Though I love the issue where she fought the Cuckoos to death. Probably his best issue with Teen Jean)

If it’s Lemire’s Teen Jean, hell NO!!! You said you wanted a more interesting Jean!!! Why go for the Jean does everything this era Jean does in more agregious fashion in the absolute worst Jean Grey costume that has ever graced the pages!!!

If it’s Cullen Bunn’s Teen Jean, meh. Why not? She probably did as much leader work as current Jean, which is the best part so far about Gillen’s Jean (beyond her attitude. Love reading his Jean talk)

If it’s Hopeless Teen Jean, yeah. Though the valley-girl talk will be grating.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    (Note that this is partially opinionated, but mostly satirical)

If it’s Bendis’ Teen Jean, no. She is a Mary Sue who gets by on deus ex machina. (Though I love the issue where she fought the Cuckoos to death. Probably his best issue with Teen Jean)

If it’s Lemire’s Teen Jean, hell NO!!! You said you wanted a more interesting Jean!!! Why go for the Jean does everything this era Jean does in more agregious fashion in the absolute worst Jean Grey costume that has ever graced the pages!!!

If it’s Cullen Bunn’s Teen Jean, meh. Why not? She probably did as much leader work as current Jean, which is the best part so far about Gillen’s Jean (beyond her attitude. Love reading his Jean talk)

If it’s Hopeless Teen Jean, yeah. Though the valley-girl talk will be grating.
    I liked Bendis’ Jean. I loved her spunk. Cullen Bunn and Hopeless were good as well.

And whether we agree or not on the quality of their writing, at least I was entertained whenever she was on the page. Adult Jean currently just…feels flat for some reason. I dont feel the passion in any of her words or actions. She doesnt feel like she has motivations.
    Last edited by Tank; 08-10-2022 at 01:29 PM.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    One would think that Marvel or at least the X-Office would have solutions to this problem by now. For example, Gillen missed what I though would've been the PERFECT opportunity to display Jean as a "being of supreme telepathic potency" by having her bypass the shields of Syne before her armor was cracked.

It's an extremely subtle move but it would've clearly shown that Jean is a step above the rest in terms of telepathy.

Edit: And Tank you are petty AF for that avatar and title, lmao!
    Haha glad you got a laugh. I do enjoy your idea of showing Jean bypass the the Hex mental defenses thru their armor. Subtle and effective. And at least it has more of an impact then the float and broadcast.

And I know the moment with Magik was supposed to be about the war captains, but it’s just another example of Jean deferring to others. The Jean I know would have said that herself to Exodus and that he can go kick rocks if he doesnt like it.

I liked Bendis’ Jean. I loved her spunk. Cullen Bunn and Hopeless were good as well.

And whether I agree or not on the quality of their writing, at least I was entertained whenever she was on the page. Adult Jean currently just…feels flat for some reason. I dont feel the passion in any of her words or actions.
    I don’t know anyone who would call another person a religious nut or tell another person to effectively shut up.

I think you are too hung up on the tk (not that you shouldn’t be, I kinda am too) to see that this Jean is a lot sassier than most Jean’s. You aren’t convinced because she hasn’t punctuated her point physically. (In essence, what Wallstreeter referred to as Jean throwing a tantrum.)

Unfortunately for you, it appears you traded Duggan’s telekinetic Jean (because she used her tk a lot in his run) for Gillen’s mouthy Jean. (Yes, I’m slightly teasing because this whole situation is very ironic)

Haha glad you got a laugh. I do enjoy your idea of showing Jean bypass the the Hex mental defenses thru their armor. Subtle and effective. And at least it has more of an impact then the float and broadcast.

And I know the moment with Magik was supposed to be about the war captains, but it’s just another example of Jean deferring to others. The Jean I know would have said that herself to Exodus and that he can go kick rocks if he doesnt like it.
    Yes! When it comes to telepathy not every grand feat needs to be all showy. Telepathy in and of itself is a subtle ability but Jean by definition is of the few who could push that subtly to its extreme.

Hell if they REALLY wanted her to show up and show out, have her take control over the thing. It spoke to Exodus and was "scared?" to die, so clearly there's some type of coconscious in there. Jean's telepathy should be able to bridge any gap it would take to traverse the machine part of its mind.

Even if it was only for a few minutes to buy the time until the Plot-God thingy came on, it would have been an epic moment.

Like this! But without the dress -

Hands down one of my favorite scenes of Jean to date.

As for the second part of your statement, I wouldn't have minded that as much IF she was talking to Bishop who was like right there >..>. Like give the man some type of dialog because clearly Magik isn't hurting for any.

But anyway, different characters and a different thread, lol.
    Last edited by Subliminally; 08-10-2022 at 01:39 PM.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    I don’t know anyone who would call another person a religious nut or tell another person to effectively shut up.

I think you are too hung up on the tk (not that you shouldn’t be, I kinda am too) to see that this Jean is a lot sassier than most Jean’s. You aren’t convinced because she hasn’t punctuated her point physically. (In essence, what Wallstreeter referred to as Jean throwing a tantrum.)

Unfortunately for you, it appears you traded Duggan’s telekinetic Jean (because she used her tk a lot in his run) for Gillen’s mouthy Jean. (Yes, I’m slightly teasing because this whole situation is very ironic)
    I love a mouthy Jean! I do see the sassiness…but it’s not enough to make up for not showing anything to back it up.

Much like xmen red Jean was more bark than bite.

It’s sad you mention the trading because why is it so hard for Jean to be shown as effective and impactful with both her powers?
    Last edited by Tank; 08-10-2022 at 01:41 PM.