Page 38 of 473 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
    The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    So, perfectly balanced as all things for Jean should be?
    Yep basically par for the course for this era. No insight into how she feels, where she’s going, etc
    Even her dialogue feels stinted and expositional. There’s no character/personality behind it.

Sad.

The Red Dragon

Reading today's issues didnt make me feel anything but miss older interpretations of Jean’s character.

I miss teenage Jean’s drive, agency, and spunk/sass.

I miss an adult morrison/claremont’s Jean stubbornness, moral complexities, her own wants and agenda/needs besides just being the girlfriend and wife, her fiery personality. Current Jean is just…so bland and vanilla.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Just want to say that I'm glad the green dress is apparently retired, but the new look looks kind of cheap when drawn by Noto. Hopefully it won't be the case for other artists.
    You're not referring to that Gala getup, are you?

I just read the issue of Black Knight/X-Men and while the X-Men were just backgroung characters (loved the story of Dane, his daughter and Faiza tho ), I liked Jean’s monster nickname. The Crimson Countess has a good ring to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    You're not referring to that Gala getup, are you?
    Basically, yes, but without the skirt/fabric behind her and high heels
    Last edited by Alex.; 01-19-2022 at 08:34 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    I think it’s more a case of Noto drawing everyone looking like midgets. His art is bad.

So Jean appeared in xmen devil’s reign where she debuted her new costume but is still a boring pacifist.

Then she appears in Death of Doctor Strange: xmen/black night where the xmen really didnt serve a purpose
    other than being demonized. It was more Black Knight related.

Then her 3rd appearance in X Lives of Wolverine #1 as Wolverine’s love interest.

And then finally appears infinity Lives of Wolverine #1 where it is explained she sends Wolverine’s mind to the past while serving as anchor.

Lots of appearances but ultimately meaningless on the character development front.
    Where is the anchor thing explained?
    Edit; nevermind, got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Reading today's issues didnt make me feel anything but miss older interpretations of Jean’s character.

I miss teenage Jean’s drive, agency, and spunk/sass.

I miss an adult morrison/claremont’s Jean stubbornness, moral complexities, her own wants and agenda/needs besides just being the girlfriend and wife, her fiery personality. Current Jean is just…so bland and vanilla.
    Just the way the traditionalists like her.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 01-19-2022 at 10:24 PM.

Fantastic Member

I try to make the most of what we're getting now, but on a whole, looks like for me peak Jean (at least recent peak Jean) will continue to be the 2018 Red/Blue "two Jeans" era for the foreseeable future.

I'm out of the pit! (I was temporarily banned for a snide and rather insensitive remark.) I missed you all! I'll be posting some Jean-related goodies within the next hour or so.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I'm out of the pit! (I was temporarily banned for a snide and rather insensitive remark.) I missed you all! I'll be posting some Jean-related goodies within the next hour or so.
    Welcome back. The absence of your presence was definitely felt.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Welcome back. The absence of your presence was definitely felt.
    Thank you, jwatson! That means a lot I was keeping tabs on the forum through my psi-link...😂 Actually, the break came at the right time--I just started a grueling semester at university--and did me some good.

Yesterday was an interesting day--to me, at least--for Jean.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    love the reference lmao
    Welcome back Mercury!

lol. Thanks, Starchilde!

Okay, so, on to other matters. It seems some of you weren't pleased with Jean's appearances this week...

Well, I loved each one. As I wrote on Twitter:

I was fed unparalleled Omega Level telepath, “anchor,” guide, and friend; shrewd and astute ally and leader; and “the first of the Festal Order”—the fabulously demonic Crimson Countess—all in one day.

The power, the versatility, the sublimity…::chef's kiss::

Life of Wolverine #1 - This Marvel Unlimited exclusive Infinity Comic was a pleasant surprise. Jean appears in and narrates the story, in which she explores Logan's past, his thoughts, feelings, and memories, in order to understand "what made him who he is today." From what I understand, this will be a 10-part companion piece to X Lives/X Deaths of Wolverine and, presumably, Jean will narrate the whole event. (By the way, Jean is not treated as a love interest in either this or X Lives of Wolverine.)

X Lives of Wolverine #1 - I absolutely loved this. As I wrote in the thread for this issue: It's a summer blockbuster for the winter. It was exciting, intriguing, and has me hooked. Also, I love that, despite all that's happened, ultimately, Logan considers Jean and Xavier--the two people who were first to fully embrace him, show him kindness, and take a real interest in getting to know him--family.

I appreciate that Percy is treating Jean and Logan like two people who may have once been attracted to one another but now consider each other friends/family. I look forward to seeing where this goes

The Death of Doctor Strange: X-Men/Black Knight - Despite the fact that the X-Men didn't do much, this was whimsical fun! Jean turns out to be “the first of the Festal Order”—THE CRIMSON COUNTESS—and “the petty rabble is her banquet. Upon her unholy skill, the realm has sharpened its ravening. Hers is the dominion of the mind, and therewith she feasts from afar.”

I, too, loved the name. In fact, though I prefer that she go by just Jean Grey, I actually think Crimson would make an excellent codename.

Can...

Welcome home, Mercury! Can someone paint the X above her breasts gold and color in her boots? Also get rid of the cape and floating thingies? You may have to find a higher resolution of the image.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Devil's Reign #1 - I'll just paste here what I wrote in the thread for this issue:

Devil’s Reign: X-Men #1 (2022) is another hit. Jean’s sarcasm, shrewdness, and cool resolve are just…::chef's kiss:: Her amicable exchange with Emma was also great. Frankly, I’d like to see more moments like this between the two. #XSpoilers

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...70386886111239

So far, 196 people agree with me... The fact that people actually think Jean was serious when referring to Kingpin as Mayor both puzzles me and makes me lmao. As for her being a pacifist, I think she made it pretty clear to Fisk that he wasn't getting through the gate. As she noted, "I'd rather pick my battles."

Anyway, this was a solid issue and set up some intriguing things for both Emma and the rest of the X-Men. And again, I appreciate how Duggan wrote Jean and Emma in this. It would be great if he uses this event to flesh out their relationship and maybe even solidify a friendship. I can envision Duggan using Jean to help Emma in some way by the end of this arc.

Also, I loved this moment between Jean and Emma. It was a small but telling exchange.