Page 380 of 473 FirstFirst ... 280330370376377378379380381382383384390430 ... LastLast
Results 5,686 to 5,700 of 7090

Remember that time teen jean was so focused on her tp that Karnak knocked her out with a little pebble kicked to her face? Good times, good times. Hope she learned her lesson!
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    This is why, I was so concerned about how writers in this era casually use Jean, while making a point to highlight other characters with her same abilities such as Ewing in Red. Her peers simply do not have the same innate limitations as Jean, and often demonstrate that the constant wait and see from some fans of Jean constantly tell us. Is only true for Jean, while everyone else are standing in the abilities fully!

Agreed!

Gillen could absolutely surprise us, but I do think some fans of Jean need to start being more hyperaware with how a writer positions her in their stories. Very rarely does her characterization add depth, usually it's superficial or general.

I don't dislike Gillen's voice for her, but she did come off a little aloof, and a bit too casual in the events conspiring all around her.

A moment that really stood out to me, was after their actions directly causes tsunamis all over the world. Her reaction was very much like Emma than Jean, you heard calls for help and you're first response is "oh hell"? Where's the warmth, understanding, or compassion? I feel like every opportunity writers have to demonstrate Jean's kindness, it is often ignored or shown in ways that makes Jean come off as a hypocrite, imo!
    I thought her voice was fine. I liked that there was some attitude there. But it was overall her passiveness and lack of action that bothered me the most.

X-Men 13 preview.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I saw these and was like, "Jean, casually summoning Ikarus to add him to her harem."
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post

I saw these and was like, "Jean, casually summoning Ikarus to add him to her harem."
    Thanks for posting this, Rift.

Hey, is that Mercury? What happened to him?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post

And Ikaris is more than willing to join. I love her multi-tasking abilities.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The Red Dragon

Is there much difference skill/powerwise to reach out to Ikaris versus pulling him into her mind? Shrug

Not familiar with Ikaris, is he known for his mental capabilities?

Also it looks like Iceman and Jean are both using their powers to blow that eternal’s brains out…but the art doesnt convey the nanites or what they are doing well.
    Last edited by Tank; 08-11-2022 at 05:22 PM.

Well, he's an eternal so he must be pretty arrogant. Their mind might have something.
    If we wanted Jean to kill a Rex, now with this alliance with Ikarus she won't even go hahaha. But I liked the preview, she with a shield, hiring cyke and Laura and apparently attacking Rex

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Well, he's an eternal so he must be pretty arrogant. Their mind might have something.
    If we wanted Jean to kill a Rex, now with this alliance with Ikarus she won't even go hahaha. But I liked the preview, she with a shield, hiring cyke and Laura and apparently attacking Rex
    Having said what she said, Jean knows these things have minds since she can read them…did she think somehow they would survive after blowing it’s brains out?

I like the use of force though. She has to or else there is no way to put it down for good. Or as subliminally suggested have her commandeer one since she’s supposed to be the supreme psi.

The Red Dragon

Also: The colorist needs to use a more contrasting shade of green. The two shades he used are too close to eachother and makes Jean look like she’s wearing a onesie.

It’s supposed to be a dark blackish/forest green contrasted with an almost yellow lime green. Why is it so hard to get right?

I loved how Villa drew her, more than Schiti tbh. This issue is for next week? I can't wait to see what she will do in that armory

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    I loved how Villa drew her, more than Schiti tbh. This issue is for next week? I can't wait to see what she will do in that armory
    She’s probably not going to do anything in the armory unfortunately. From AXE 2 she asks Scott how he and the team are doing and they said they managed to take it out or whatever. All while she floated around not using her tk or tp for offense, but just being the team intercom.

So not trying to downplay Jean in this moment but does Ikaris even have that type of "mind" where it would be difficult for Jean to pull him in? Going off the Marvel Wiki/Wikipedia (don't judge me, please) Ikaris is ranked at a "low-level" telepath. Has anything changed or is this another round of the Knull feat where it was knocked because Knull (an old as time space god) didn't have any on panel telepathic resistant feats.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    She’s probably not going to do anything in the armory unfortunately. From AXE 2 she asks Scott how he and the team are doing and they said they managed to take it out or whatever. All while she floated around not using her tk or tp for offense, but just being the team intercom.
    A different writer is writing her here. Dugan gives Jean a lot more action.

And while of course if you do like something express your mind, there’s no reason to project doom all the time. If you can’t stand what is being published, why bother to buy it?

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    A different writer is writing her here. Dugan gives Jean a lot more action.

And while of course if you do like something express your mind, there’s no reason to project doom all the time. If you can’t stand what is being published, why bother to buy it?
    It's not doom and gloom if I'm literally describing the narrative. If you read AXE 2 you would know that a group of XMen that doesn't include Jean takes down the armory. She gets this news from Cyclops while she's busy playing Krakoa's megaphone.

So tell me how's Duggan going to give Jean more action at the armory like Starchilde wants to see when clearly she's not part of that mission?
    Last edited by Tank; 08-12-2022 at 12:06 AM.