Page 388 of 473 FirstFirst ... 288338378384385386387388389390391392398438 ... LastLast
Results 5,806 to 5,820 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    This doesn’t make sense to me.

Regarding Planet Sized: If that’s not how he intended that scene he would have corrected that person on twitter and said no it was just Exodus or just Jean or whatever. But he agreed to their post and even retweeted it. While the art can be unclear who exactly is doing what, if we go back and look at those pages only Jean is showing using her powers before and during the “transport” so there is no denying she participated and Exodus as well. Jean is even the one saying “Here we go,” when things start to shift.

Regarding Xmen 13 and AXE 2. That small panel shows the xmen working together and Jean’s signature pink blowing out it’s head. We see the aftermath of the same scene in AXE 2 where Jean tells Exodus the armor has been breached before he gets killed. AXE panels still show Jean’s pink signature coming off the hex. So both artist and writer confirm in this case and matches the sequence of the art so I dont know how it would be untrustworthy.
    If memory serves me Exodus and Jean have the same signature, both are Pink.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    If memory serves me Exodus and Jean have the same signature, both are Pink.
    We’re just discussing planet sized xmen right?

We get a panel of Jean using the her pink powers and saying “see you on mars” as the island begins to shift. So why do you assume it belongs to just Exodus but not Jean? If they didnt need her help, why was she there then?

Then you purposely say the writer is just people pleasing when he indicates exactly what is shown in the book. It just needed more clarification, which I can see is confusing in the art.

I would understand hesitation, if Jean wasnt there at all and he was like yeah Jean helped too. But she’s shown on panel actively using her powers.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I have to agree. Artistically I get it and see she 'dealt with the problem' and it was a clear Omega feat and flex of power. But, its still unclear to me what exactly did she do? She held it submerged?
    For story reasons I hope she drowned it in defense of Krakoa. It would put her at odds with Ikaris which is interesting and puts her in and interesting spot. She had to do what she had to do to protect the island.

The Red Dragon

Jean on covers for Nov solicits:

Last edited by Tank; 08-18-2022 at 10:13 AM.

BANNED

Nice cover... I truly hope this issue marks the permanent return of Iliana's Eldritch armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    We’re just discussing planet sized xmen right?

We get a panel of Jean using the her pink powers and saying “see you on mars” as the island begins to shift. So why do you assume it belongs to just Exodus but not Jean? If they didnt need her help, why was she there then?

I would understand hesitation, if Jean wasnt there at all and he was like yeah Jean helped too. But she’s shown on panel actively using her powers.
    I can’t speak for andreikes obviously but when it comes to planet x the part regarding Arakko’s interplanetary relocation left me wondering whether Jean was using tp to communicate with Lactuca or tk to help move the physical mass trough the portal, since exodus was there as official omega tk one could easily assume Jean was just supervising with tp like she did the rest of the issue.
    Anyway I’m glad this point has been cleared out.
    Last edited by Daedra; 08-18-2022 at 06:32 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Amazing Member

Just dropping by to say that I love that Jean is now using her Hellfire Gala outfit as her superhero uniform. I don't mind the Marvel Girl dress but modern artists are very hit and miss with it. I do miss the yellow waist skirt on the gala costume though.

Making my way through X-Men #13 and I love that we actually see Jean was in the heat of the various battles and not just a walkie-talkie keeping everyone linked together. Wounding the Hex and then the next minute making a whirlpool with out breaking a sweat!

I was also laughing at Cyclops rolling around in her tk bubble it was cute I wonder if he got dizzy or maybe he is use to it.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I can’t speak for andreikes obviously but when it comes to planet x the part regarding Arakko’s interplanetary relocation left me wondering whether Jean was using tp to communicate with Lactuca or tk to help move the physical mass trough the portal, since exodus was there as official omega tk one could easily assume Jean was just supervising with tp like she did the rest of the issue.
    Anyway I’m glad this point has been cleared out.
    I agree that it wasn’t exactly clear who did what. I too am grateful that Duggan clarified it and put the ambiguity to rest.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Just dropping by to say that I love that Jean is now using her Hellfire Gala outfit as her superhero uniform. I don't mind the Marvel Girl dress but modern artists are very hit and miss with it. I do miss the yellow waist skirt on the gala costume though.

Making my way through X-Men #13 and I love that we actually see Jean was in the heat of the various battles and not just a walkie-talkie keeping everyone linked together. Wounding the Hex and then the next minute making a whirlpool with out breaking a sweat!

I was also laughing at Cyclops rolling around in her tk bubble it was cute I wonder if he got dizzy or maybe he is use to it.

I too miss the train on her hellfire gala. It served as visual interest like a cape would, but also broke up all the green. Especially now that we see so many colorists pick the wrong shades and she ends up looking too one note green. I wish Dauterman had taken this into account and added more yellow trim in there or even just the X on her chest like in Xmen 13 made the look pop!

Put me down for one of those pleased Jean got to be offensive with her powers.

The ambiguity will continue. That's why writers write to Jean that way, I suppose.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    The ambiguity will continue. That's why writers write to Jean that way, I suppose.
    I mean sure. If the WRITER and artist cant convince, you nothing will. Carry on.

Sorry @andreikes, but you are completely alone in this skepticism. If Duggan had a habit of ignoring canon or going back on his word, I would understand the skepticism of his word. But he is very consistent in how he portrays Jean and does not contradict his writings.

This is a “your feelings” vs “Word of the Writer” situation. As much as you are allowed an opinion, what the writer says they wrote is usually deemed fact unless they demonstrate themselves untrustworthy, like Bendis, Lemire, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Sorry @andreikes, but you are completely alone in this skepticism. If Duggan had a habit of ignoring canon or going back on his word, I would understand the skepticism of his word. But he is very consistent in how he portrays Jean and does not contradict his writings.

This is a “your feelings” vs “Word of the Writer” situation. As much as you are allowed an opinion, what the writer says they wrote is usually deemed fact unless they demonstrate themselves untrustworthy, like Bendis, Lemire, and so on.
    Sadly 5-10 or even 15 years from now no one will remember about any clarifications delivered by way of social media, Hopefully future comics will be less ambiguous, Personally I like when comics actually deliver world building details and science fictitious explanations about super powers usages but I know other disagree, To each his own, I guess.
    Last edited by Daedra; 08-19-2022 at 02:24 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post

Oh, right. It's no problem, I don't take things too seriously. As I said before, I don't like the development of Duggan. This kind of ambiguous thing happens a lot less with writers (in relation to Jean) I like like Bendis, Tom Taylor and Grant Morrison. I prefer those that make limitations and limitations explicit. Anyway, my intention is not to be the boring one.

It's just a feeling that writers say this to please some fans... Duggan has been a writer for years, I don't know if he does it on purpose or if it's a mistake
    Last edited by andreikes; 08-19-2022 at 03:31 AM.

Fantastic Member

In X-Men Red, when Jean clashed with Nova head on and it showed that she lost. Wasn't there a debate whether Jean lost because she was overpowered, or if the loss was staged so they can implant the nanites into Nova. And I think Tom confirmed that it was staged.

So this whole "implied" seems to be all over, including Taylor.

In X-Men #13, she owned a hex. Just herself. Ikaris stated these Hexs are really powerful Eternals. So her dragging that walking empire state down at sea, when you can clearly see that it was almost floating above water. While in succeeding comics you see like in one panel, there are 5-6 mutants and avengers dealing with just one hex. It goes to show, when in a team setting she plays along with the team, but when push comes to shove, she can nail them all by herself.

The spore feat it was downplayed because Rogue helped her. This just shows she plays really well in a team setting and don't have to exert too much effort if she doesn't have to.

Would've loved to see Jean in "Death to Mutants" instead of Xavier to deal with Unimind on her own. Oh well, our girl can't be at the center of everything.

This is probably just me, i always think Jean is so badass she does not need captions...the pictures and the context speaks for itself.

Plus getting confirmation from the writers themselves is always treat!
    Last edited by mike7171; 08-19-2022 at 06:06 AM.