Page 390 of 473 FirstFirst ... 290340380386387388389390391392393394400440 ... LastLast
Results 5,836 to 5,850 of 7090

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelfan1992 View Post
    Wow. Jean‘s new costume never looked better. Breathtaking! I love it. You need to see some yellow.

BANNED

@Exodus: No, absolutely not... Adding yellow would be overkill and make it gaudy. Is this the very first time you're seeing her new costume? Are you reading A.X.E?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    @Exodus: No, absolutely not... Adding yellow would be overkill and make it gaudy. Is this the very first time you're seeing her new costume? Are you reading A.X.E?
    pretty sure by "you need to see some yellow" exodus means you need to see the yellow hues in the different parts of her costume like what's up there in the preview. because some of the other art, the whole uniform is of a similar shade of green throughout when there should be different lighter shades with more yellow in the, not just different kinds of darker green.

I personally am ok with it but im just clarifying what i believe exodus is trying to say
    Last edited by Marvelfan1992; 08-20-2022 at 01:23 PM.

BANNED

pretty sure by "you need to see some yellow" exodus means you need to see the yellow hues in the different parts of her costume like what's up there in the preview. because some of the other art, the whole uniform is of a similar shade of green throughout when there should be different lighter shades with more yellow in the, not just different kinds of darker green.

I personally am ok with it but im just clarifying what i believe exodus is trying to say
    Ah, that makes sense, thanks

Fantastic Member

Well the green and yellow was the original gala hues. And if it's all green, she looks like Mera. And when I think of Mera, I think of Amber Heard. Makes me cringe.

So I agree with Exodus, i want the original colors that Dauterman came up with originally in the Hellfire gala. Which is green an yellow.

BANNED

Honestly, I would have liked to have seen the current costume in green with red accents. Moreover, and IMHO, the entire Hellfire Gala Saga was about as interesting as watching fresh paint dry and accomplished nothing truly noteworthy aside from terraforming the planet Mars. But, hey Jean Grey's hair is red so there's that
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-20-2022 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Thought amendment(s).

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    Well the green and yellow was the original gala hues. And if it's all green, she looks like Mera. And when I think of Mera, I think of Amber Heard. Makes me cringe.

So I agree with Exodus, i want the original colors that Dauterman came up with originally in the Hellfire gala. Which is green an yellow.
    That is exactly what I mean. All the yellow aspects of Dauterman's design make all the difference to me. Without them it is way too green and stops the design from really working. She looks too much like a frog or power ranger without them. The design needs some yellow to make it pop.

I also wished they would keep the green metallic shimmer of the torso part and the strong shoulder silhouette.
    Last edited by Exodus; 08-21-2022 at 07:44 AM.

BANNED

Why settle for less? Jean needs to become Phoenix again and go back to her classic Phoenix costume. If she can do it in XMen 92, she can in 616.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Why settle for less? Jean needs to become Phoenix again and go back to her classic Phoenix costume. If she can do it in XMen 92, she can in 616.
    Are you just talking about the outfit or jean as a character?
    Last edited by Marvelfan1992; 08-21-2022 at 07:59 AM.

BANNED

Are you just talking about the outfit or jean as a character?
    I think what I said was pretty straightforward. Jean should do in 616 what she did in XMen 92, become Phoenix and go back to the classic green and gold Phoenix costume. Artists have a really hard time with non Phoenix costumes fir her, for whatever reason.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I think what I said was pretty straightforward. Jean should do in 616 what she did in XMen 92, become Phoenix and go back to the classic green and gold Phoenix costume. Artists have a really hard time with non Phoenix costumes fir her, for whatever reason.
    Do you really want Jean to "costume-wise", return to the green/gold after her "psychic absorption and redirection" upgrade?

Do you really want Jean to "costume-wise", return to the green/gold after her "psychic absorption and redirection" upgrade?
    it is not that she is using this power very often these days.....so yes, I prefer her psychic Phoenix aura over some potential power she has only used during a boring run by Bendig that overstayed its welcome....

Grant Morrison's and Chris Claremont's version of Jean as Phoenix are still the superior version of character.
    Last edited by Exodus; 08-22-2022 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    it is not that she is using this power very often these days.....so yes, I prefer her psychic Phoenix aura over some potential power she has only used during a boring run by Bendig that overstayed its welcome....

Grant Morrison's and Chris Claremont's version of Jean as Phoenix are still the superior version of character.

Absolute facts.

To me Jean Grey is phoenix, I never understood this need to to separate the two and prove what ? That she can discard her legacy and still be fine?! why does she need to renounce her iconic identity? There wouldn’t even be a phoenix force if it wasn’t for her.
    Just as I like Thor to wield HIS hammer or Tony Stark to don HIS armor, I like my Jean with an extra serving of Phoenix force on top.
    And her classic costume is just timeless perfection!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    To me Jean Grey is phoenix, I never understood this need to to separate the two and prove what ? That she can discard her legacy and still be fine?! why does she need to renounce her iconic identity? There wouldn’t even be a phoenix force if it wasn’t for her.
    Just as I like Thor to wield HIS hammer or Tony Stark to don HIS armor, I like my Jean with an extra serving of Phoenix force on top.
    And her classic costume is just timeless perfection!
    Well said my friend!!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!