Page 414 of 473 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418424464 ... LastLast
Results 6,196 to 6,210 of 7090

Why does she have Jean's memories?

Fantastic Member

Hmmmm...on AXE#5, it says "phoenix burns, jean burns, exodus burns..."....So I assume Echo/Phoenix died from the Progenitor assault...but i thought Phoenix is above Celestials, so was confused by that...that version of the phoenix was a huge letdown...

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    Hmmmm...on AXE#5, it says "phoenix burns, jean burns, exodus burns..."....So I assume Echo/Phoenix died from the Progenitor assault...but i thought Phoenix is above Celestials, so was confused by that...that version of the phoenix was a huge letdown...
    they absolutely seem to have forgotten most of the time that Echo actually has the cosmic entity "Phoenix". She is so background, it is not even funny...sometimes I do not understand how careless some writer are allowed to write comicbooks...

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This entire event is a letdown.
    Gillenister as an X-Writer is a huge letdown.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Doesn't this mean that Echo is no longer Phoenix? Scott lost the Phoenix Force after he was killed in Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Doesn't this mean that Echo is no longer Phoenix? Scott lost the Phoenix Force after he was killed in Secret Wars.
    Considering how big a deal they made out of Echo becoming Phoenix, when she is no longer Phoenix, it will be made explicit, not left up in the air for readers to guess. As it stands, she still is

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Considering how big a deal they made out of Echo becoming Phoenix, when she is no longer Phoenix, it will be made explicit, not left up in the air for readers to guess. As it stands, she still is
    I mean if that’s what they intend to do during this event we could find out those details as soon as next issue. If they intended to do it now. If not we will find out those details whenever they do it, strip Echo of the Phoenix.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I loved his work and he wrote a great event that will be seen as a movie during the MCU in a few years.

BANNED

No, the Phoenix has not been proven to be above the Celestials. Plus, Echo, is not the prime Phoenix host. Jean is………..

It’s quite possible Jean/Phoenix would have been able to withstand that. We don’t have the full story though, because All Father Thor died and he too shouldn’t have died. I assume he can’t be resurrected by the Krakoans. Maybe some of these deaths were illusions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    they absolutely seem to have forgotten most of the time that Echo actually has the cosmic entity "Phoenix". She is so background, it is not even funny...sometimes I do not understand how careless some writer are allowed to write comicbooks...
    Go out and say Aaron. Lol.

I mean Echo is just a Street level fighter who had no real powers.

Meaning what could she do with the Phoenix? What’s she’s doing now, nothing because it was a terrible idea and match. Aaron likely wanted some male Avenger to get it but editorial told him it had to be a woman, and they picked Echo because she is a disabled Latina/Native.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Why does she have Jean's memories?
    Because Jean has been Phoenix many times and because the Phoenix has been shown to be able to recall the memories of past hosts?

How powerful a host of the Phoenix is is dependent on how skilled and imaginative the host actually is. Rachel vs Necrom illustrates this plainly exactly how a full host can be outclassed by one with just a shard of the Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I personally say that is a blessing in disguise. I have been following Echo’s time as Phoenix for proper documentation for the RT. The writing for her has not been stellar at all, despite the fact that she could very well have had the most potential for interesting writing and concepts as a host. Yet, it has been nothing but disappointing narratives with only small gems here and there in the writing.

By all accounts, I am on Gillen’s side if he is completely uninterested in exploring the facets of Echo as a Phoenix host because she has not been stimulating in the slightest. “Won’t not writing her only facilitate the issue?” Yes. I’m not saying no one should attempt to keep fleshing her out. I am saying I understand the desire to ignore her because of the mediocre writing for her thus far. Quietly kill her with the Celestial? Understandable. Have a good day, Mr. Gillen.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Go out and say Aaron. Lol.

I mean Echo is just a Street level fighter who had no real powers.

Meaning what could she do with the Phoenix? What’s she’s doing now, nothing because it was a terrible idea and match. Aaron likely wanted some male Avenger to get it but editorial told him it had to be a woman, and they picked Echo because she is a disabled Latina/Native.
    Supposedly, she should basically be similar to Taskmaster. She can photographically copy her reflexes to match the fighting styles of those that she sees. An “echo” to put it simply.

Thus, the advertisement by the Enter the Phoenix Contest for Echo being the winner was that she would be an echo of the Thunderbird (the Native American nickname for the Phoenix Force according to Marvel lore derived after the myth of the same name) of the past. A living record of history manifested in a single individual.

An incredibly interesting premise explored through……copying Thor’s hammer fighting against an alt version of Dark Phoenix……..

I will give credit where it’s due and say the Phoenix Echo solo series did sort of touch on this aspect of Echo’s ancestress being a Phoenix host, but like I said, “It was touched on”. Not explored. She can be an incredibly interesting host of the writing weren’t so sub-par.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I disagree.

I found the event to be quite an interesting one filled with incredible moments for all parties involved. The only complaint I probably could have about it is that the Avengers are shoe-horned in with barely any involvement in the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Agreed.

Previews for AXE: Avengers have dropped and, as suspected, Jean will make an appearance. This should've been obvious since these one-shots cover the mission to shut down the Progenitor. So, the team established at the end of JD #5 will definitely appear in all three one-shots.

Is Jean's costume being wrong (it looks like the gala version with the open back and train rather than the everyday hero version) the beginning of her "judgement" sequence? Maybe she ends up in the Marvel Girl mini-dress of DOOM as the Celestial ends her?
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Is Jean's costume being wrong (it looks like the gala version with the open back and train rather than the everyday hero version) the beginning of her "judgement" sequence? Maybe she ends up in the Marvel Girl mini-dress of DOOM as the Celestial ends her?
    Finger down for those who wear the Marvel Girl costume