Page 416 of 473 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418419420426466 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,240 of 7090

This panel pulled me back to X-Men:TAS when I was under the impression that Jean had a mini cerebro built into that triangle pocket in her forehead covering that amped her abilities and that's why she always channeled her powers from that single spot.

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    This panel pulled me back to X-Men:TAS when I was under the impression that Jean had a mini cerebro built into that triangle pocket in her forehead covering that amped her abilities and that's why she always channeled her powers from that single spot.

The Omega Psionic Goddess doesn’t need such augments, unlike her mentor Xavier. ☝🏻😌 She channels her power through that jewel to look cute.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    The Omega Psionic Goddess doesn’t need such augments, unlike her mentor Xavier. ☝���� She channels her power through that jewel to look cute.
    The quirky double standard rears its head: Prof. X, the most powerful telepathic mind known (that's basically his title) walks around with a FULL Cerebro helmet on to augment/fine tune his power...no problem. Suggest that Jean Grey, the heir apparent to the "most powerful" yoke, has something that modulates her power in any way TRIGGER:OMEGA OUTRAGE.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The quirky double standard rears its head: Prof. X, the most powerful telepathic mind known (that's basically his title) walks around with a FULL Cerebro helmet on to augment/fine tune his power...no problem. Suggest that Jean Grey, the heir apparent to the "most powerful" yoke, has something that modulates her power in any way TRIGGER:OMEGA OUTRAGE.
    There’s no outrage. I was being playful with Sub, who’s a friend. But if we’re going to get technical, to put it simply, Jean has already been stated to be more powerful than Xavier, and her gem has never been stated to be a “mini Cerebro” or augment her power in any way. That’s all.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

The Omega Psionic Goddess doesn’t need such augments, unlike her mentor Xavier. ☝���� She channels her power through that jewel to look cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Lol!

In my defense this was right around the time the first X-Movies had come out so waaaaaaay before I became and actual comic reader. So you have little ol' me, totally unaware of the decades of storytelling, going totally off what I've seen on TAS ie (perma fainting Jean) coupled with the first X-Movie

Jean: I also have some telepathic ability.

Wolverine: What, like your Professor?

Jean: Nowhere near that powerful...

So yes, I was (and stress WAS) a believer that there was a mini cerebro like device in her costume boosting her abilities lol.

Even though I know better now, it is still a core memory of mine so I doubt I'll ever forget it lol. It's in the same vein of how I thought Storm really was a witch that controlled the storms given her very vocal commands.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

There’s no outrage. I was being playful with Sub, who’s a friend. But if we’re going to get technical, to put it simply, Jean has already been stated to be more powerful than Xavier, and her gem has never been stated to be a “mini Cerebro” or augment her power in any way. That’s all.
    Pretty much this. I come in peaceeeee!

But yeah this bit is totally my headcanon. In no episode of any season was there any such statement. But again, I was a comic noob so I pieced together my own logic as to why her powers (even her TK) always seemed to flow from that single spot on her head.

And keep in mind when Xavier was on Cerebro that spot was also amplified.

So yeah, 2+2=That must be it!

In my defense…
    Pretty much this. I come in peaceeeee!
    No need to defend yourself, love. I know you were just recalling a memory, and I was simply being playful with you. After all, Jean’s psionic prowess and reputation precede her. I mean, she did defeat a Hex by herself and lead the psionic charge against the Uni-Mind. ☝🏻😌

I’m posting this here so MechaJeanix doesn’t miss my reply to his post (some posters just skim the last page of a thread, and my replies have been overlooked in the past as a result):

I’m enjoying this event, too. A mutual on Twitter asked me if I thought JD “is about climate change,” and I responded, “You can certainly interpret JD as not only an allegory for climate change but also discrimination, xenophobia, and the overall social, political, economic, and environmental injustices brought about by the ills and frivolities of humanity.” It’s definitely a timely and interesting story. And I agree: Jean and Nightcrawler have had some great moments.

I can’t believe we’re a little over two weeks away from Jean’s issue. I have a feeling we’re all going to love it.

Also, I’m probably in the minority here, but after reflecting on the Phoenix Force’s trajectory throughout the years (see my post above), I really don’t feel much “damage” has been done to it, especially regarding Jean’s identity as Phoenix. Frankly, despite its various avatars—i.e., those during AvX, along with Echo, Firehair, Taaia et al.—the Phoenix Force’s connection to Jean hasn’t really been compromised or put into question. If anything, it’s been reinforced in various subtle and explicit ways (again, see my previous post).

Of course, this can all change with Gillen’s issue, though he’s one of the writers who has depicted Jean as transcendent of other Phoenix avatars and able to control access to the White Hot Room. At worst, I suspect Gillen will keep Jean’s unique connection to the Phoenix Force vague and mysterious. At best, he will add to the evidence that Jean and the Phoenix Force are one, or he will simply state and make this explicitly clear. I have a feeling Marvel has a clause in place instructing writers who write Phoenix that they are not to retcon or make any explicit changes to Jean’s history and identity as Phoenix.

I agree on both counts. Jed Mackay did an excellent job with Jean. I really enjoyed his voice for her, and the role and story in which he featured her was interesting and ultimately underscored her stature and power. As for Duggan, I will always love him for the care and attention he’s dedicated to Jean, and for making me ship “Jott” again. I have a feeling year two, which already consists of two great issues, is going to be better than year one.

And we still have Dark Web, which drops in December, to look forward to!

Jean’s rise in prominence within the last year has been wonderful to behold and experience real-time.
    Last edited by Mercury; 09-25-2022 at 10:04 AM.

I am sorry you got that impression, but....NO! lol. No device was ever implied nor shown on TAS

Jean's power is psionic, like Xavier, White Queen, Invisible Woman, etc, hence it eminates from her brain and that is how they showed it.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 09-25-2022 at 10:21 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

No need to defend yourself, love. I know you were just recalling a memory, and I was simply being playful with you. After all, Jean’s psionic prowess and reputation precede her. I mean, she did defeat a Hex by herself and lead the psionic charge against the Uni-Mind. ☝����
    I'm so glad you bought this up. What exactly did she do? Just drown if in a whirlpool or what? I asked in the actual thread but I don't recall ever getting a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I am sorry you got that impression, but....NO! lol. No device was ever implied nor shown on TAS

Jean's power is psionic, like Xavier, White Queen, Invisible Woman, etc, hence it eminates from her brain and that is how they showed it.
    Lmao I understand that NOW. The same way Storm doesn't need voice commands to summon a gust of wind.

Innocent ignorance.

Lmao I understand that NOW. The same way Storm doesn't need voice commands to summon a gust of wind.

Innocent ignorance.
    Ah, I see. LOL, an accident of youth. Still, my friend, you gave me a chuckle with that.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I totally get what you mean. I did a little reading on the Defenders Beyond and it wasn't what I thought. Definitely not as bad as I imagined, and I am curious to next week's issue to see how the writer portrays the White Hot Room. I just have this nagging preference for the Phoenix to be tied to Jean or Rachel (or even Quire) than all these other characters, but it is what it is. I agree it doesn't take too much away from Jean because she has such a rich history and story with or without phoenix. I am loving this current version of Jean and I think she's on a great trajectory.

I am sort of hoping they won't be too vague about Jean's connection to the Phoenix. Even if it may not be to my liking, I think they should give some sort of definitive explanation once and for all. I have a lot of ideas of how I would like it to go down, but they never go in the direction I think they will. I'm sure we'll be surprised. I do think it will help move Jean's story forward. I am hoping we continue to get a lot of good content and development for Jean.

I am excited for the AXE X-men issue and for JD 6. I will probably buy multiple copies of AXE X-men. The last time I bought multiple copies may have been the Jean Grey/Phoenix Generations issue. With my favorite issues I always buy two (I did that with a more than a few New X-men issues back in the day).

I’m enjoying this event, too. A mutual on Twitter asked me if I thought JD “is about climate change,” and I responded, “You can certainly interpret JD as not only an allegory for climate change but also discrimination, xenophobia, and the overall social, political, economic, and environmental injustices brought about by the ills and frivolities of humanity.” It’s definitely a timely and interesting story. And I agree: Jean and Nightcrawler have had some great moments.

I can’t believe we’re a little over two weeks away from Jean’s issue. I have a feeling we’re all going to love it.

Also, I’m probably in the minority here, but after reflecting on the Phoenix Force’s trajectory throughout the years (see my post above), I really don’t feel much “damage” has been done to it, especially regarding Jean’s identity as Phoenix. Frankly, despite its various avatars—i.e., those during AvX, along with Echo, Firehair, Taaia et al.—the Phoenix Force’s connection to Jean hasn’t really been compromised or put into question. If anything, it’s been reinforced in various subtle and explicit ways (again, see my previous post).

Of course, this can all change with Gillen’s issue, though he’s one of the writers who has depicted Jean as transcendent of other Phoenix avatars and able to control access to the White Hot Room. At worst, I suspect Gillen will keep Jean’s unique connection to the Phoenix Force vague and mysterious. At best, he will add to the evidence that Jean and the Phoenix Force are one, or he will simply state and make this explicitly clear. I have a feeling Marvel has a clause in place instructing writers who write Phoenix that they are not to retcon or make any explicit changes to Jean’s history and identity as Phoenix.

I agree on both counts. Jed Mackay did an excellent job with Jean. I really enjoyed his voice for her, and the role and story in which he featured her was interesting and ultimately underscored her stature and power. As for Duggan, I will always love him for the care and attention he’s dedicated to Jean, and for making me ship “Jott” again. I have a feeling year two, which already consists of two great issues, is going to be better than year one.

And we still have Dark Web, which drops in December, to look forward to!

Jean’s rise in prominence within the last year has been wonderful to behold and experience real-time.

Jean looks so good in this new costume. I even love the headpiece. I loved the shape of the gem on her 90's costume, and kind of wish it was the same on her new outfit but I like the design being on her hands. In JD sometimes the bottom of her costume is so dark green it looks black, and I love that. It does remind of her X-men Evolution look which I've always loved.

I'm so glad you bought this up. What exactly did she do? Just drown if in a whirlpool or what? I asked in the actual thread but I don't recall ever getting a response.
    She telekinetically created a whirlpool around it swiftly enough to drown it before it attacked her or the island. Mind you, per Tank’s calculations, to drown the Hex, which was taller (1,450+ feet) and wider (420+ feet) than the Empire State Building, Jean had to move 37 million cubic feet of water, i.e., 276779220.76 gallons of water. Salt water = 8.6 lbs. per gallon. 276779220.76 gallons x 8.6 lbs. = 2380301298.54 lbs. 2380301298.54 lbs./2000 lbs = 1,190,150.65 tons of water, which is what she moved, and at extremely high speeds.

Imagine if she focused that level and intensity of power and velocity on a person. Hell, although she definitely can’t create weather on Ororo’s level, if she focused that level and intensity of power and velocity on the sky and elements, she could certainly whip up a tornado, if not a hurricane!

Last edited by Mercury; 09-25-2022 at 02:26 PM.

She telekinetically created a whirlpool around it swiftly enough to drown it before it attacked her or the island. Mind you, per Tank’s calculations, to drown the Hex, which was taller (1,450+ feet) and wider than the Empire State Building, Jean had to move 37 million cubic feet of water, i.e., 276779220.76 gallons of water. Salt water = 8.6 lbs. per gallon. 276779220.76 gallons x 8.6 lbs. = 2380301298.54 lbs. 2380301298.54 lbs./2000 lbs = 1,190,150.65 tons of water, which is what she moved, and at extremely high speeds.

Imagine if she focused that level and intensity of power and velocity on a person. Hell, although she definitely can’t create weather on Ororo’s level, if she focused that level and intensity of power and velocity on the sky and elements, she could certainly whip up a tornado, if not a hurricane!
    Thanks for the explanation! Once again, Jean does a TK feat and I ask why Omega TK was removed from the list.

Tbh, in my head-canon Storm and Jean are ALWAYS talking and sharing little tricks for sticky situations. Jean experimenting with Storm at how she's able to use electricity to counter TK and to keep her TP protections up to snuff. I mean who else better to test with than Jean?

I'm also waiting for the day where Jean comes up against some for that has TP/TK scramblers going full throttle and she doesn't have enough time to bypass them. The enemy gets all cocky but then Jean makes note of the fact that they're in a thunderstorm and the enemy is like-

Enemy: Prepare to die Redhead mutie!!!

Jean: How small minded you are to think that having psi scramblers would give you total advantage over me.

Enemy: Stop and wipes the smirky smile off his face because he's wondering why his hair is suddenly standing on end when he knows it can't be TK

Jean: I have family you see, my sister is a literal weather goddess and I am an Omega Level TK. You put us in a room together and who knows what tricks we'll come up with.

Jean: Looks up and feels the rain and hears the thunder.

Jean: So shit luck for you but I am never weaponless!

Jean: Pulls down the prettiest pink lightning bolt because Storm showed her how to replicate it during one of their telepathic sister-chats

END

If Domino can luck into a lightning bolt then goddamn Jean can nudge one too!

Her powers coming out of that gem thing give them a mystical feel, I think there was a villain in the Justice League cartoon who had similar powers