Page 464 of 473 FirstFirst ... 364414454460461462463464465466467468 ... LastLast
Results 6,946 to 6,960 of 7090

I kind of liked Jean's yawn, because I thought she was showing how easy catching that mountain was, lol. But then it turned out some tiny sleep demons were putting them all to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I kind of liked Jean's yawn, because I thought she was showing how easy catching that mountain was, lol. But then it turned out some tiny sleep demons were putting them all to sleep.
    And yet, it still underscores her strength because even that sleep spell didn't hamper her ability to catch that mountain without breaking a sweat. ☝️🏻😌

Also, Scott can be so adorable sometimes. He knows where his home and heart are. 🥹

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

There’s something I’ve always wondered. I know when Maddie died, Scott married Jean. But now Maddie is alive. Isn’t he still technically married to Maddie since she is “alive” now?

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    There’s something I’ve always wondered. I know when Maddie died, Scott married Jean. But now Maddie is alive. Isn’t he still technically married to Maddie since she is “alive” now?
    I don't think so...because Scott would have filled out all the paperwork required when notifying the State of New York and various offices affiliated the U.S. Government of Maddie's death. So, officially they are no longer Husband and Wife, if they were then he wouldn't have been able to marry Jean.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Jean and Madelyne need to have a heart to heart talk.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Although I don't like it very much... I would find it interesting for Jean to feel the cyke's pain and break the magic chains. I'm sad for the development that apparently Maddie will have in these editions

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

Ugh, I am hoping Mephisto dies at the end of this latest Avengers arc for good. I am tired of him corrupting our heroes with his filthy deviant hands. No, you know what? Death is too good for him, throw him to the Cancerverse!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Ugh, I am hoping Mephisto dies at the end of this latest Avengers arc for good. I am tired of him corrupting our heroes with his filthy deviant hands. No, you know what? Death is too good for him, throw him to the Cancerverse!
    I'm not well-versed in Mephisto’s shenanigans but I do respect his appraisal of souls. ☝️🏻😌

I'm not well-versed in Mephisto’s shenanigans but I do respect his appraisal of souls. ☝️����
    LOL. Mercury, you're funny. Soul appraisal...that reminds me of something from the video game Skyrim...hmm...

LOL. Mercury, you're funny. Soul appraisal...that reminds me of something from the video game Skyrim...hmm...
    Thank you! 🥹

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Although I don't like it very much... I would find it interesting for Jean to feel the cyke's pain and break the magic chains. I'm sad for the development that apparently Maddie will have in these editions
    What "magic chains" do you speak of, pray tell?
    Last edited by Micabe; 12-14-2022 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I don't think so...because Scott would have filled out all the paperwork required when notifying the State of New York and various offices affiliated the U.S. Government of Maddie's death. So, officially they are no longer Husband and Wife, if they were then he wouldn't have been able to marry Jean.

There's several layers to this

1. Technically Maddie was never a real citizen with a real social security number, birth certificate, etc. All her paperwork was fabricated by Sinister so taht alone is ground for an annullment
    2. Marriage lasts until "death do you part". She died and likely had a death certificate
    3. With that said, Scott's original marriage to Jean ended when she and he later died. They are married now on Krakoa but that country doesnt adhere to norms of the United States, which is what you are likely thinking of. I dont think any book has reallt delved into that, but needless to say Krakoa defins what marriage looks like adn we are told that they are

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    What "magic chains" do you speak of, pray tell?
    I thought that in Dark Web the chains that bind Jean and Magik were magical

Hello my friends! Augh, what a week! Sorry to be away, but I am back now!

Miss a week, miss a lot! I will be commenting on the past great posts.

I love this image of Jean cutting loose! It is one of my new favorites!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 12-15-2022 at 05:15 PM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!