Page 6 of 473 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

33 Looks: Mark Eastwood’s Illustrations of Jean Grey

Mark posted his final individual illustration of Jean on Instagram hours ago but says he’s “drawn a few other looks” and promises to “share them ALL soon.” In order of comic book appearance:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jean_RED_...17842985074690
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

That's a lotta Jeans! Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageJudgeDredd View Post
    That's a lotta Jeans! Very cool.
    There's no such thing as too many Jeans.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I'm at a point where I'm just happy and grateful that Jean is back and a part of the nucleus of the current and it seems future status quo. Of course, like everyone here, there are things I would change about her characterization and new directions in which I would prefer to take her, but I'm also certain that she will continue to grow and evolve and surprise us. She has a lot of fans out there, both in and outside of the comic book industry. At this point, her overall stature and legacy within both the X-franchise and Marvel Universe at large are undeniable. As her fan, I think it is incumbent upon me to share her history and potential as a character and my ideas for her with as many people as possible to generate more interest and enthusiasm. As I've said before, the cosmos and beyond are the limit for her as a character, and I intend to remain optimistic and keep my eyes on the ever-expanding horizon.
    And you do great things for Jean!

It is easy to get caught up in a message board’s way of expressing opinions, to, for example, scream that you hate something that you merely dislike. I have done so once or twice () in the past but will do my best to be more constructive in my criticism when there is something I am not too fond of regarding Jean. But I also think it is our ”duty” as fans to speak up when there are things we dislike. Hopefully that will reach Marvel and if our criticism is constructive maybe they will listen and do something about it.

On the other hand, Jean’s fans have been quite vocal about the green dress and Jean is still wearing it.

But I do hope that a writer or editor run across BobbysWorld’s post about Jean as Phoenix, so that one day we will get that story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    And you do great things for Jean!

It is easy to get caught up in a message board’s way of expressing opinions, to, for example, scream that you hate something that you merely dislike. I have done so once or twice () in the past but will do my best to be more constructive in my criticism when there is something I am not too fond of regarding Jean. But I also think it is our ”duty” as fans to speak up when there are things we dislike. Hopefully that will reach Marvel and if our criticism is constructive maybe they will listen and do something about it.

On the other hand, Jean’s fans have been quite vocal about the green dress and Jean is still wearing it.

But I do hope that a writer or editor run across BobbysWorld’s post about Jean as Phoenix, so that one day we will get that story.
    The green dress appears to be coming off, from looking at unlettered preview pics.

So yes, it is important that people speak out on how they feel about things. Also the public has the ultimate bite in if you don’t like something, you don’t have to buy it. While it’s not possible to keep everyone happy, they do have to keep large numbers of fans happy or else there is no business.

BANNED

From an old X-Men issue. The beginning of Kelly’s run, I think. (I think Jean is battling the Iron Man from the reality Franklin Richards created.) She looks so powerful here.

She had a pink form in those issues, and later manifested a pink Phoenix effect.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I believe power plays a part in it. Of course, it's comic book science so no real rules, but I think she was able to punch Galactus by drawing on his own massive power, IIRC.

I wish Adult Jean was allowed to use the pink form.
    I liked the story in the future where four Silver Surfers and Galactus attacked Jean in the future. She defeats them all, then hits Galactus himself again while manifesting a pink Phoenix effect. The surfers called her Phoenix.

Actually, she manifested a pink Phoenix effect when she hit Galactus the first time.

Maybe now that the books are no longer under Hickman’s control she will be allowed to use the pink form and get her name Phoenix back.

33 Looks: Mark Eastwood’s Illustrations of Jean Grey

Mark posted his final individual illustration of Jean on Instagram hours ago but says he’s “drawn a few other looks” and promises to “share them ALL soon.” In order of comic book appearance:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jean_RED_...17842985074690
    So lovely! I just realized I really like Jean wearing red. The evolution costume and the red phoenix outfit from resurrection are so good.

I also adore his version of the gala outfit. It will/would make a great Jean Grey outfit in 2022!

Here for this being Jean's year

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post

Jean's got a really defined body! Her arms look great!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

But I also think it is our ”duty” as fans to speak up when there are things we dislike.
    This is true. Constructive criticism can be quite effective. Case in point: When I found out Beau DeMayo was the executive producer for X-Men '97--the revival of the original animated series--this is what I wrote to him on Twitter:

Please make sure to write a strong and competent Jean. She's gotten too much **** b/c of the old show, which was not faithful to how her character was/is portrayed in the comic books. Other than that, here's to a successful relaunch!
    After sending him the message, I thought to myself, "Damn. I may have gone a little too far with the expletive," lol, but, to my surprise, he followed me and then posted this:

So yes, constructive criticism can make a difference!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Jean needs to do this to Nimrod:

Jean shatters Trevor Fitzroy's omnium mesh bio-armor, which was created a century into the future and stated to be indestructible. From Uncanny X-Men #302 (1993):

Jean needs to do this to Nimrod:

That would be amazing! (John Romita Jr has done some of my favorite Jean moments. Such as UXM 300 where she cuts loose, and 308 - I believe it is - where she proposes to Scott.)

Love this, by Vinícius Almeida.