Page 66 of 473 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    I can’t see it It says error 404 - image not found
    Whoops! Oh well, only took me like 2 seconds to make lol. At this point I can't do anything but try and find comedy in this mess.

Edit: Also, in case CBR murderers my gif again, it's basically Oprah during her infamous car giveaway but I just added "You get a phoenix force" text since that seems to be the mentality at Marvel these days.
    Last edited by Subliminally; 01-31-2022 at 02:25 PM.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

BANNED

That statue is looks high-quality but I am over the "the Phoenix is menacing to Jean" motif.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Whoops! Oh well, only took me like 2 seconds to make lol. At this point I can't do anything but try and find comedy in this mess.

Edit: Also, in case CBR murderers my gif again, it's basically Oprah during her infamous car giveaway but I just added "You get a phoenix force" text since that seems to be the mentality at Marvel these days.
    Lmao it’s perfect

The state of the Phoenix since Endsong

Lmao it’s perfect

The state of the Phoenix since Endsong
    We can either laugh about it or get mad about it. At least with the first choice we can keep the good vibes going.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Astonishing Member

I just love that six years ago the Phoenix was coming to Earth and because its only association was with Jean, X-Men and mutants the Avengers were like OMG THIS IS ONE HUNDRED PERCENT DEFINITE TERRIBLE NEWS AND WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE SO WE GOTTA KILL IT WITH FIRE NO PUN INTENDED.

And then the second the Phoenix is like hmmm, might **** around and take an Avenger as a host suddenly the Avengers are like oh that changes everything, now we can totally hang.

Incheresting is all I'm saying.

(LOL not trying to make anyone mad about it either, just LOLing myself because sometimes you gotta laugh at just how arbitrary and ridiculous Marvel is content to be).

Anyway I actually like Echo, at least more than most Avengers, but I am 10/10 amusing myself by imaging the Phoenix as being totally passive aggressive with its post-Jean hosts. Like "this isn't how Jean used to do it," or "Jean would have NEVER said that to me" or "Jean liked to do things THIS way."
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-31-2022 at 11:26 PM.

funny. Absolutely on point!

*crying silently in the basement about what happened to the Phoenix Force since AvX.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I just love that six years ago the Phoenix was coming to Earth and because its only association was with Jean, X-Men and mutants the Avengers were like OMG THIS IS ONE HUNDRED PERCENT DEFINITE TERRIBLE NEWS AND WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE SO WE GOTTA KILL IT WITH FIRE NO PUN INTENDED.

And then the second the Phoenix is like hmmm, might **** around and take an Avenger as a host suddenly the Avengers are like oh that changes everything, now we can totally hang.

(LOL not trying to make anyone mad about it either, just LOLing myself because sometimes you gotta laugh at just how arbitrary and ridiculous Marvel is content to be).

Anyway I actually like Echo, at least more than most Avengers, but I am 10/10 amusing myself by imaging the Phoenix as being totally passive aggressive with its post-Jean hosts. Like "this isn't how Jean used to do it," or "Jean would have NEVER said that to me" or "Jean liked to do things THIS way."
    Remember when the Phoenix was a song? Nowadays that would be the song, when it's going down memory lane thinking of Jean and all those meh hosts that have never ignited such passion!

I joke but I'm serious. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Remember when the Phoenix was a song? Nowadays that would be the song, when it's going down memory lane thinking of Jean and all those meh hosts that have never ignited such passion!

I joke but I'm serious. :P
    Can we say that doing a tournament where you force total strangers to fight over you, with a dramatic soap opera revelation in the middle of the event, is the cosmic equivalent of getting very drunk after a bad break-up? Fire chicken trying to fill the void of her heart that Jean left is a case for study.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Can we say that doing a tournament where you force total strangers to fight over you, with a dramatic soap opera revelation in the middle of the event, is the cosmic equivalent of getting very drunk after a bad break-up? Fire chicken trying to fill the void of her heart that Jean left is a case for study.
    Isn't it? Poor Phoenix. How can anyone follow after Jean, really? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Isn't it? Poor Phoenix. How can anyone follow after Jean, really? :P
    Oh, she will never recover from that loss.

And Rosenberg put some words in Jean’s mouth that must have hurt the chicken deeply, like when she said she didn’t know what the Phoenix was! poor Phoenix, I don’t judge her for her current crisis

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post

You know what I LOVE this idea lmao

“Are you really STRUGGLING to bring someone to the White Hot Room? Jean never struggled. Kids these days...”
    Last edited by Starchilde; 02-01-2022 at 06:15 AM.

We can either laugh about it or get mad about it. At least with the first choice we can keep the good vibes going.
    I agree 100%.

The Phoenix will always be a part of jean’s legacy and history. Period. We can either be upset that it’s no longer her thing, or laugh at the joke it’s become without her.

I prefer the latter. And I’m not a petty person. But it’s just comical to me what it is now, how it’s used. Trust me, I am a “just jean” without Phoenix fan, but it’s clear that no Phoenix story will ever be so … impactful and meaningful as it was with jean.

Let other writers fight over the scraps of the dead horse. Jean had her glory days and I’m happy it was before what it is now- a hot mess.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

You know what I LOVE this idea lmao

“Are you really STRUGGLING to bring someone to the White Hot Room? Jean never struggled. Kids these days...”
    “You call THAT Dark Phoenix? Cringe.”

(Counts for both AvX and current Avengers)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I agree 100%.

The Phoenix will always be a part of jean’s legacy and history. Period. We can either be upset that it’s no longer her thing, or laugh at the joke it’s become without her.

I prefer the latter. And I’m not a petty person. But it’s just comical to me what it is now, how it’s used. Trust me, I am a “just jean” without Phoenix fan, but it’s clear that no Phoenix story will ever be so … impactful and meaningful as it was with jean.

Let other writers fight over the scraps of the dead horse. Jean had her glory days and I’m happy it was before what it is now- a hot mess.
    I don't get upset that "it's no longer her thing" because to the comic book and general public, it is. After all, the Phoenix Force is tied to Jean's iconography, i.e., a redheaded woman. Also, even with all of the convolution surrounding it presently, I can clearly envision how easy it would be to connect the Phoenix Force right back to Jean. The fact that she spent nearly a decade and a half as the White Phoenix of the Crown opens up the possibilities considerably. After all, the White Phoenix is not bound by space and time, i.e., she lives outside of both.

A possibility: As the White Phoenix, Jean both created and inhabited Firehair. [Insert a series of other adventures and happenings.] After "rejecting" the Phoenix Force, which is an intrinsic part of her, it fragmented, as it has before. Currently, a fragment of it is bonded to Echo.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I don't get upset that "it's no longer her thing" because to the comic book and general public, it is. After all, the Phoenix Force is tied to Jean's iconography, i.e., a redheaded woman. Also, even with all of the convolution surrounding it presently, I can clearly envision how easy it would be to connect the Phoenix Force right back to Jean. The fact that she spent nearly a decade and a half as the White Phoenix of the Crown opens up the possibilities considerably. After all, the White Phoenix is not bound by space and time, i.e., she lives outside of both.

A possibility: As the White Phoenix, Jean both created and inhabited Firehair. [Insert a series of other adventures and happenings.] After "rejecting" the Phoenix Force, which is an intrinsic part of her, it fragmented, as it has before. Currently, a fragment of it is bonded to Echo.
    LOL well you know this lines up with my preferred take.

And honestly, when someone used to go around talking about being fire and life incarnate, its extremely easy to just stretch that concept out to the point where a person/being that's fire and life incarnate could have several incarnations, even some that manage to exist at the same time. One being, multiple avatars.