Page 7 of 473 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Mark Eastwood just posted his Jean poster on Instagram (@mrkstwd):

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

That's a lot of sleepy Jeans....

"Wake up sleepy Jeans....oh what can it mean, to the Phoenix Host and Telepath Supreme....!"
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

These are my top favorite looks.

Runners-up favorites:

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I love the Dauterman's X-Men Red recoloring from Giant Size X-Men. My favorite Jean look ever. there is something about the color combination of green and yellow I really like. He also toned down the huge shoulder pats. Such a good look.

This cover is so much fun. Great work.

Within the next two years or so, Cerebro will reveal that Jean, in addition to being an Omega Level telepath, is and has always been an Omega Level telekinetic. In fact, she will be classified as an Omega Level Psionic. However, her anomalous nature makes it difficult to properly gauge her abilities.☝️😌

The omega title is arbitrary and only exists bc thats how Xavier has chosen to define it in the current era. Who made him the end all, be all authority on that?

BANNED

Arrako had Omega mutants as well. I don't think it's a Prof X thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The omega title is arbitrary and only exists bc thats how Xavier has chosen to define it in the current era. Who made him the end all, be all authority on that?
    Don’t you ever downplay Jean’s genetic superiority.

I’m just teasing. Sort of…😂

Within the next two years or so, Cerebro will reveal that Jean, in addition to being an Omega Level telepath, is and has always been an Omega Level telekinetic. In fact, she will be classified as an Omega Level Psionic. However, her anomalous nature makes it difficult to properly gauge her abilities.☝️��

I do think all of this is true.

I wonder what the power level of scans showed for Jean in the past, such as whatever Xavier used or when Jean was captured by Steven Lang. I wish we could have seen her readings then.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I do think all of this is true.

I wonder what the power level of scans showed for Jean in the past, such as whatever Xavier used or when Jean was captured by Steven Lang. I wish we could have seen her readings then.
    Computo—a highly advanced A.I. equipped with bio-sensors—classified Jean as having “infinite mental powers” in 1968, which is consistent with her history:

It's also important to note that Destiny clocked our girl decades ago and, more recently, the Phoenix Force felt her wrath when she took control of the White Hot Room itself and made it sit in a corner of its own domain...

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Arrako had Omega mutants as well. I don't think it's a Prof X thing.
    and Omega mutants existed long before HOX #1. The point wasn't to say that it was a Prof X thing, so much that the current definition was determined by him

Don’t you ever downplay Jean’s genetic superiority.

I’m just teasing. Sort of…��
    I wasnt downplaying it so much as saying that Xavier isnt the end all authority on what Jean is.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    and Omega mutants existed long before HOX #1. The point wasn't to say that it was a Prof X thing, so much that the current definition was determined by him

I wasnt downplaying it so much as saying that Xavier isnt the end all authority on what Jean is.
    I was mostly playing. However, technically, Xavier didn't determine the definition of Omega Level mutants, Fred--whoever that is--did. Also, under Hickman, Cerebro seems to have determined the definition of the classification.

I was mostly playing. However, technically, Xavier didn't determine the definition of Omega Level mutants, Fred--whoever that is--did. Also, under Hickman, Cerebro seems to have determined the definition of the classification.

X-Men Forever is irrelevant to this discussion as thats not referenced in the current era. Xavier wrote the HOX data entry, which is what I was going on. Again, Im not saying he created the term omega mutant or originator of it ever being defined, but that the current definition that is now being used came from him