Page 72 of 473 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 7090
    The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I loved the 10 or so words that Gillen has written for Jean in his career. I hope he has a significant role for her.
    What 10’words were those?

To repeat what others have said, both in this thread and on social media, it feels great to see Jean getting the attention and adoration she deserves. I know what was released today were just covers and a promo poster, but it matters that she is being depicted as a strong and central figure in a big crossover event. I have this sneaking suspicion that she will play a major role in Judgement Day. This, coupled with the fact that she's going to have a "kills it" moment by issue #12 of X-Men, feels like redemption for her.

I think we're in for some great moments during the upcoming months. And while I may disagree with and sometimes chew some of you out, I love how invested and passionate you all are in this character and her development--in a sense, it validates how I feel about her--and I look forward to sharing some great Jean feats and moments with you all. Keep the love, passion, enthusiasm, and even constructive criticism coming!

Also, getting to see Dauterman's design interpreted by other artists is a real treat. The work of Dustin Weaver and Valerio Schiti, including the baby Cerebro he fashioned for her, lol, is gorgeous. The piece by Peach Momoko--she kept the suit backless!--was also exquisite. I can't wait to see how other artists will put their spins on her new look.

Finally, I just learned Jean came in seventh place in IGN's X-Men Face-Off: Who Is the Best Member of the Team? poll, behind Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Magneto, and Gambit. (Imagine a team composed of those members!) Not too shabby, especially considering she wasn't even wearing her finest threads. They were all pretty close to the number 1 spot. Comparatively, Wolvie's win percentage was 89.0% and he won 24,857/27,943 duels. Not too shabby. She's still loved.

Source: https://www.ign.com/faceoffs/x-men-f...er-of-the-team
    Last edited by Mercury; 02-01-2022 at 10:45 PM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

Yes, she does; she looks stunning.

And it's a crown.
    no she doesn't. Schiti ABSOLUTELY ruined Dauterman's clever and gorgeous design. No idea what this is supposed to be but this is not Dauterman's new look for Jean Grey anymore. UFF, it looks awful on this cover. horrible actually!

I'm just tired of seeing Jean Grey in badly drawn costumes. I really am.

The Peach Momoko variant is amazing though! That's how her new costume is supposed to look like.
    Last edited by Exodus; 02-02-2022 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    no she doesn't. Schiti ABSOLUTELY ruined Dauterman's clever and gorgeous design. No idea what this is supposed to be but this is not Dauterman's new look for Jean Grey anymore. UFF, it looks awful on this cover. horrible actually!

I'm just tired of seeing Jean Grey in badly drawn costumes. I really am.

The Peach Momoko variant is amazing though! That's how her new costume is supposed to look like.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

You maybe need a quick reminder how Jean Grey is supposed to look like in 2022:

new-Jean-Grey-costume-2.jpg

Jean Grey_Dauterman.jpg

Cheers!
    Last edited by Exodus; 02-02-2022 at 12:59 AM.

No no no!!! They make it look like a power ranger armor. That’s really bad version of Dauterman‘s design. Uff, bad start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    No she doesnt. Im normally a fan of his work, but he turned a sleek look into a bulky mess with an oversized helmet.

It’s a schiti take on the new costume
    Tend to agree there.

She looks way top heavy. Like, she will be to busy being buried up to the shoulders after crashing into the ground head first to take part in any crossover.

With any luck, it's just the perspective and not the best rendering of the design.

You maybe need a quick reminder how Jean Grey is supposed to look like in 2022:

new-Jean-Grey-costume-2.jpg

Jean Grey_Dauterman.jpg

Cheers!
    Love, I’m happy for her. I feel nothing but joy due to her recent and upcoming developments. I’m sorry that I’m not as hung up on the shape of her damn tiara as you are—we’ve dealt with much worse—especially when Schiti drew her as badass as he did on that cover. I respect that you don’t like his rendering of her, but I do.

Furthermore, I haven’t seen any complaints on Twitter amidst the hundreds of retweets and replies I’ve received nor the thousands of retweets and replies @Marvel has received regarding these appearances. In fact, the most negativity I’ve seen has been in this thread.

Granted, I thought I wrote an inclusive, palette-cleansing post above, before you chose to rehash this quite frankly irrelevant, jarring, and irritating argument.
    Last edited by Mercury; 02-02-2022 at 01:09 AM.

Love, I’m happy for her. I feel nothing but joy due to her recent and upcoming developments. I’m sorry that I’m not as hung up on the shape of her damn tiara as you are—we’ve dealt with much worse—especially when Schiti drew her as badass as he did on that cover. I respect that you don’t like his rendering of her, but I do.
    Are you really excited about her "recent developments" or are you starting to simply pander to the comicbook authors in your twitter feat?

Just wondering. No shade. :-p

Are you really excited about her "recent developments" or are you starting to simply pander to the comicbook authors in your twitter feat?

Just wondering. No shade. :-p
    You know…let me just chuckle and sigh before I get into trouble again…

Yes, actually, I am happy. I’m sorry that you’re not. Maybe you should move on if following Jean’s developments is such a torturous chore for you.

Also, I edited the reply above:

Furthermore, I haven’t seen any complaints on Twitter amidst the hundreds of retweets and replies I’ve received nor the thousands of retweets and replies @Marvel has received regarding these appearances. In fact, the most negativity I’ve seen has been in this thread.

Granted, I thought I wrote an inclusive, palette-cleansing post above, before you chose to rehash this quite frankly irrelevant, jarring, and irritating argument.

While I'm not really one for the "Twitter..." angle, this was not all that hard to find in the comments. Not exactly the prevalent opinion, but it was also easy enough to find.

https://twitter.com/noitsnotberry/st...93654558552069

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While I'm not really one for the "Twitter..." angle, this was not all that hard to find in the comments. Not exactly the prevalent opinion, but it was also easy enough to find.

https://twitter.com/noitsnotberry/st...93654558552069
    Thank you for pointing this out to me. However, that person dislikes the uniform; they don’t mention anything regarding Schiti’s rendering of her tiara. In either case, I’m glad that you acknowledge it’s not the prevalent opinion.
    Last edited by Mercury; 02-02-2022 at 01:47 AM.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

From someone who is always looking for the meaning of stuff: liking the tiara (or not) is *just* a matter of taste. Really: it doesn't mean anything.

If someone tells me they don't like chocolate, I might think "how on Earth can anyone not like chocolate"? But it still doesn't mean they're crazy or impossible to please. It's just their taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    From someone who is always looking for the meaning of stuff: liking the tiara (or not) is *just* a matter of taste. Really: it doesn't mean anything.

If someone tells me they don't like chocolate, I might think "how on Earth can anyone not like chocolate"? But it still doesn't mean they're crazy or impossible to please. It's just their taste.
    I agree: neither those of us who like or dislike it are wrong or “impossible to please.” However, going on and on about how a tiara has been drawn on one cover by one artist as if it’s the end times seems a bit tedious and besides the point to me.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

I agree: neither those of us who like or dislike it are wrong or “impossible to please.” However, going on and on about how a tiara has been drawn on one cover by one artist as if it’s the end times seems a bit tedious and besides the point to me.
    But not to them. So... let them?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post

Exactly! The conversation here was about aestethics on a cover. Some people here think that the artist hasn't done a good job interpreting Dauterman's marvelous design.

And yes, for the record, I think her costume looks silly and bad on the cover! sorry but no sorry!