Page 73 of 473 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 7090

Come to think of it...

What gives with back of the gloves being a lighter shade of green and not yellow?

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Guys... this is a public forum. It's not a one-on-one conversation. As long as people are following the rules, they can express whatever they want. Argue ideas. Accept each other's tastes and personal views.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    But not to them. So... let them?
    Let’s be clear about something: It was my opinion that was critiqued and dismissed first. I just chose to respond back.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

And let me quote my last post before this strange detour, so that I can remind myself of what my initial intent was when I popped back in here tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    To repeat what others have said, both in this thread and on social media, it feels great to see Jean getting the attention and adoration she deserves. I know what was released today were just covers and a promo poster, but it matters that she is being depicted as a strong and central figure in a big crossover event. I have this sneaking suspicion that she will play a major role in Judgement Day. This, coupled with the fact that she's going to have a "kills it" moment by issue #12 of X-Men, feels like redemption for her.

I think we're in for some great moments during the upcoming months. And while I may disagree with and sometimes chew some of you out, I love how invested and passionate you all are in this character and her development--in a sense, it validates how I feel about her--and I look forward to sharing some great Jean feats and moments with you all. Keep the love, passion, enthusiasm, and even constructive criticism coming!

Also, getting to see Dauterman's design interpreted by other artists is a real treat. The work of Dustin Weaver and Valerio Schiti, including the baby Cerebro he fashioned for her, lol, is gorgeous. The piece by Peach Momoko--she kept the suit backless!--was also exquisite. I can't wait to see how other artists will put their spins on her new look.

Finally, I just learned Jean came in seventh place in IGN's X-Men Face-Off: Who Is the Best Member of the Team? poll, behind Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Magneto, and Gambit. (Imagine a team composed of those members!) Not too shabby, especially considering she wasn't even wearing her finest threads. They were all pretty close to the number 1 spot. Comparatively, Wolvie's win percentage was 89.0% and he won 24,857/27,943 duels. Not too shabby. She's still loved.

Source: https://www.ign.com/faceoffs/x-men-f...er-of-the-team
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Let’s be clear about something: It was my opinion that was critiqued and dismissed first. I just chose to respond back.
    I saw that. It's been escalating for no reason.

And I don't want to escalate it further. I'm just trying to point out to everyone that this is a subjective matter in a public forum. Some people will disagree and there's no *objective* way to discuss the disagreement. People can only explain why they like or not. But once that is done. Then it's done. People just have to agree to disagree.

let's be clear about something too: you lack a little humor! it is just a comicbook character. Why is your overly dramatic excitement here more legitimate than the overly dramatic criticism of others? Don't try to control the discourse in this thread. Honestly...
    Last edited by Exodus; 02-02-2022 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Exactly! The conversation here was about aestethics on a cover. Some people here think that the artist hasn't done a good job interpreting Dauterman's marvelous design.

And yes, for the record, I think her costume looks silly and bad on the cover! sorry but no sorry!
    Personally, I kinda expected that there would be inconsistency problems with her costume. And while I don't like those inconsistencies, I wasn't surprised by them. I'm very neutral about the way the headband was drawn. I prefer when Jean's body is drawn differently, but I don't care that much about those issues, really.

So it's easier for me not to get caught in them. I'm really just trying to show to people why this is simply a matter of taste.

Personally, I kinda expected that there would be inconsistency problems with her costume. And while I don't like those inconsistencies, I wasn't surprised by them. I'm very neutral about the way the headband was drawn. I prefer when Jean's body is drawn differently, but I don't care that much about those issues, really.

So it's easier for me not to get caught in them. I'm really just trying to show to people why this is simply a matter of taste.
    yes it is. And it is fun to talk about it and point out the silliness of some cover depictions of comicbook characters and their designs.

yes it is. And it is fun to talk about it and point out the silliness of some cover depictions of comicbook characters and their designs.
    Sure. And I understand that some people don't think it's fun to talk about it. I really get it.

But this is a public forum.

Extraordinary Member

Ehh... I like it.Much better than the previous one, let's not make Marvel think we miss the dress

let's be clear about something too: you lack a little humor! it is just a comicbook character. Why is your overly dramatic excitement here more legitimate than the overly dramatic criticism of others? Don't try to control the discourse in this thread. Honestly...
    Quite frankly, I think you’re self-projecting. I had a laugh with Tank, who also hates Schiti’s drawing, over a gif I shared, so my humor is quite intact. However, you’re the one who chose to not only interject in my exchange with Tank and respond to me in a quite serious manner but also to make it personal by questioning whether I was “really excited about her ‘recent developments’” or “just starting to simply pander to the comicbook authors.”

Frankly, I don’t give a damn what you talk about, but if you’re going to quote or direct a post at me, be prepared for a response. I’m not going to huff and puff, say that I’m “sick of this thread,” and disappear.
    Last edited by Mercury; 02-02-2022 at 02:31 AM. Reason: I thought better about using an expletive.

All-New Member

Quite frankly, I think you’re self-projecting. I had a laugh with Tank, who also hates Schiti’s drawing, over a gif I shared, so my humor is quite intact. However, you’re the one who chose to not only interject in my exchange with Tank and respond to me in a quite serious manner but also to make it personal by questioning whether I was “really excited about her ‘recent developments’” or “just starting to simply pander to the comicbook authors.”

Frankly, I don’t give a damn what you talk about, but if you’re going to quote or direct a post at me, be prepared for a response. I’m not going to huff and puff, say that I’m “sick of this thread,” and disappear.
    You’re literally clogging the entire thread with your long essays that nobody wants to read. Give us a break

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanspryde View Post
    You’re literally clogging the entire thread with your long essays that nobody wants to read. Give us a break
    This is a problem here too. You don't know for a fact that nobody wants to read what Mercury is saying. So, if you don't like their posts, that's fine. Just skip them. But, please, don't tell them not post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanspryde View Post
    Then block me, toots.

This is a problem here too. You don't know for a fact that nobody wants to read what Mercury is saying. So, if you don't like their posts, that's fine. Just skip them. But, please, don't tell them not post.
    That's sweet of you. But we mustn't tell others what to post or not post. Besides, Two-Post Wonder seems familiar and to be not much of a threat.
    Last edited by Mercury; 02-02-2022 at 02:49 AM.

That's sweet of you. But we mustn't tell others what to post or not post. Besides, Two-Post Wonder seems familiar and not much of a threat.
    I'm really just trying to be fair.

I hope Jeanspryde does join us and feel free to talk about what they want too.